IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

My 25 year old lad had his 2nd jab early last week. I think the problem is people who dithered registering.

I'm 15 years older than that and registered the day my letter arrived. My 2nd jab is next saturday. Same for a bunch of friends, all similar age, all registered straight away, all getting 2nd doses over the next week or so. So I think your dithering theory is incorrect.

Edited by TheTeapot

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

My 25 year old lad had his 2nd jab early last week. I think the problem is people who dithered registering.

It wasn’t quite that simple, they announced they would stop giving Astra Zeneca to under 40s 2 weeks after they had just started administering it to the 30s group, there wasn’t enough Pfizer to be reallocated as these was already allocated to under 30s (as that was the previous advice for Astra Zeneca) and they were already booked in, so anyone 30-40 was waiting for Moderna to come online and Pfizer to come back in stock.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

So it looks like another fine Manx Muddle about to be unleashed on the island tomorrow. 

How many businesses are going to be able to take another hit if they're closed for contact tracing? 

Schools as well. People seem to think that kids don't get sick with covid. They do and maybe bit hospitalisation bad but bad enough they are in bed for a few days. They won't be allowed to go to school with just a little bit of Calpol so parents off as well. 

6 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

So it looks like another fine Manx Muddle about to be unleashed on the island tomorrow. 

How many businesses are going to be able to take another hit if they're closed for contact tracing? 

I don't get why at any point we have never bothered with a compromise middle ground I.e. what the UK has right now. Masks when inside places, but take em off for dinner or whatever.

Would surely be a logical step for Monday with it ultimately destined to disappear...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

I don't get why at any point we have never bothered with a compromise middle ground I.e. what the UK has right now. Masks when inside places, but take em off for dinner or whatever.

I feel like I've been shouting that for months. The problem is that the IoM's whole approach has been lockdown or no lockdown. There has been no middle-ground ("mitigation") between lockdowns. Everyone wants it to go back to 2019 as though COVID doesn't exist, in part because that's what the IoM Government have sold them. I suspect the reality of open borders without mitigating measures (masks, sensible distancing, ventilation) is about to bite and most will not like it. They don't want a middle ground because that, to them, is "lockdown".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rachomics said:

I feel like I've been shouting that for months. The problem is that the IoM's whole approach has been lockdown or no lockdown. There has been no middle-ground ("mitigation") between lockdowns. Everyone wants it to go back to 2019 as though COVID doesn't exist, in part because that's what the IoM Government have sold them. I suspect the reality of open borders without mitigating measures (masks, sensible distancing, ventilation) is about to bite and most will not like it. They don't want a middle ground because that, to them, is "lockdown".

Ah but they have been saying it just in a very quiet voice. 

Although Quayle did say in the Keys the other day "we can't ask visitors to wear masks". It's like we're actively trying to market no masks or social distancing... in the middle of a global pandemic.