IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

We are OPEN for business.

Hallelujah!

Roll on July 19 & Freedom Day. 

What do you think will change for IOM on 19/7?

Even if England stops masks and distancing and number restrictions, do you think they’re going to remove school testing, workplace testing, need to produce negative test results or vaccination certs for entry to sports, concerts and cultural events and theatre?  It won’t stop travel restrictions, in or out of UK.

Weve been open for business, much more so than UK, since 19/4, and for 11 out of the last 16 months.

Are you expecting totally unrestricted inward travel to IOM on 19/7, or any time this year? 

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

What do you think will change for IOM on 19/7?

Even if England stops masks and distancing and number restrictions, do you think they’re going to remove school testing, workplace testing, need to produce negative test results or vaccination certs for entry to sports, concerts and cultural events and theatre?  It won’t stop travel restrictions, in or out of UK.

Weve been open for business, much more so than UK, since 19/4, and for 11 out of the last 16 months.

Are you expecting totally unrestricted inward travel to IOM on 19/7, or any time this year? 

Yes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Yes.

What, no pre registration, no need to prove vaccine status, or be tested if not vaccinated?

You really think that’ll happen?

IOM authorities won’t want to give up their border powers even if Covid disappears overnight. They certainly won’t abolish Covid border controls until several weeks, or months,  after UK has got rid of its internal controls. They’ll play a game of wait and see. Certainly not this side of the 23/9, and a month, or more, after for new government formation.

Its not what I want. But it’s what will happen.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s the only sensible option John. This push for ‘freedom’ on an Island where we have had more freedom in just about anywhere worse in the world is misplaced.

Locally today we have a teacher from SNHS infected and six in isolation. Today the boat arrives and it’s absolutely chocka.

I do know we’ve got to live with it. I do know this is the only way to live with it. I also know that to open up to this extent before we are all vaccinated is populist madness.

Why on earth are we taking this risk when only less than half the island is double vaccinated. Couldn’t we have got this done first before opening up to this extent?

As ever, I sincerely hope I’m wrong but the science seems to suggest otherwise.

And what did the EAG advise again? Are our government listening to the advice of a group it took over a year to get together? 

I’m not in favour of a rush to no restrictions. I want truth, transparency, open information, the advice received to make decisions being disclosed, and sticking to what we are told.

We we’re told 2 months ago we would have digital certs on the NHS App. Then they found a problem. Then we were told it would be today - well apparently not.

The Covid statistics dashboard only starts in January 21, sweeping all of last years cases under the carpet.

The vaccination dashboard has been stuck on Friday 25/6 at 7pm figures for 60 hours.  No record yet of vaccinations or update on stock for the weekend. 

The adult ( over 17 )population seems to be overestimated at 72,000 making the percentage first jabbed impossible to know. But at about 63,000 jabs I make it roughly 85-90%. Today or tomorrow we will hit 2/3 of all people vaccinated having had their second dose.

We are lied to about the two week hiatus. We are lied to about supply. No one has come out and explained the 27,000 stock figure that appeared, briefly, not even to say “sorry data entry error”

We didn’t need to spend hundreds of £100,000’s to build semi permanent vaccination stations ( one of which is redundant after next weekend - having survived 4 months ). Everywhere else has used temporary hospital screens in churches, halls, ports cabins, even the open air.

The bureaucracy in travelling to IOM, either a Resident Registration or exemption or a Vaccination registration, all followed by a landing form is cumbersome.

Total shambles.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

UK 14 day Infection now rising exponentially but this measure is now misleading as it is significantly affected by the big number in small number out way a 14 day is calculated

Hospitalisation pretty steady and no statistical rise or trend to speak of

image.png.8b0a700c21816b4d50f31d8daead1f83.png

If you consider daily infection rate in the UK rather than the rolling 14 day sum (on the same scale)you get a slightly different story

image.png.d95ac532c93b297550a88193d6bd4661.png

Still no need to panic

I think UK will open up on the 5th July and common sense will prevail.

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

The whole thing of isolation if you're a close contact. It's just not going to work. The island will come to a grinding halt if we isolate key people for 14 - 21 days. 

Do you have to isolate if you’re double jabbed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m not in favour of a rush to no restrictions. I want truth, transparency, open information, the advice received to make decisions being disclosed, and sticking to what we are told.

We we’re told 2 months ago we would have digital certs on the NHS App. Then they found a problem. Then we were told it would be today - well apparently not.

The Covid statistics dashboard only starts in January 21, sweeping all of last years cases under the carpet.

The vaccination dashboard has been stuck on Friday 25/6 at 7pm figures for 60 hours.  No record yet of vaccinations or update on stock. 

The adult ( over 17 )population seems to be overestimated at 72,000 making the percentage first jabbed impossible to know. But at about 63,000 jabs I make it roughly 85-90%. Today or tomorrow we will hit 2/3 of all people vaccinated having had their second dose.

We are lied to about the two week hiatus. We are lied to about supply. No one has come out and explained the 27,000 stock figure that appeared, briefly, not even to say “sorry data entry error”

We didn’t need to spend hundreds of £100,000’s to build semi permanent vaccination stations ( one of which is redundant after next weekend - having survived 4 months ). Everywhere else has used temporary hospital screens in churches, halls, portacabins, even the open air.

The bureaucracy in travelling to IOM, either a Resident Registration or exemption or a Vaccination registration, all followed by a landing form is cumbersome.

Total shambles.

If the normally calm and measured JW is angry and using words like total shambles....that's not a good situation

It means we should all be angry and it is a total shambles

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The vaccination dashboard has been stuck on Friday 25/6 at 7pm figures for 60 hours.  No record yet of vaccinations or update on stock for the weekend. 

We didn’t need to spend hundreds of £100,000’s to build semi permanent vaccination stations ( one of which is redundant after next weekend - having survived 4 months ). Everywhere else has used temporary hospital screens in churches, halls, ports cabins, even the open air.

Total shambles.

This . 

I'm 53 - second dose today , if not for the totally insane and reckless 2 week vaccination holiday I'd be "fully" protected as the island opens up to the UK.

I work with Joe public every day......

Crazy 

40 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Total shambles.

A cynic may say that Covid has presented an ideal opportunity for petty megalomaniacs to realise their potential beyond their wildest dreams, others may say it has been a challenge unlike any other in living history and mistakes are inevitable. 

That is a huge spectrum, but I know where my sentiments lie.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

A cynic may say that Covid has presented an ideal opportunity for petty megalomaniacs to realise their potential beyond their wildest dreams, others may say it has been a challenge unlike any other in living history and mistakes are inevitable. 

That is a huge spectrum, but I know where my sentiments lie.

It’s not a binary. It can be both. I’ve rewritten it for you.

It has been a challenge unlike any in the last 70 years of human history and mistakes are inevitable, BUT petty megalomaniacs and bureaucrats have been able to use it to realise their wildest dreams.

• Like 3