IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 + 2 people are getting off the boat and declaring it's great not to have to wear a mask.

Meanwhile, SNHS students are now being contact traced and told to isolate for 10 days with two pcr test or 21 days with no tests. 

The youth paying the price of their freedom for the older generation to have theirs.

As @TheTeapothas said previously you can't have a little bit of a pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Divisive - yes; unfair - most definitely I feel for the young of our Island; untrue - that depends on which angle you view it from.

In some respects you have made a valid point, yes people will take umbrage. I will also add that it is the younger generation that will be picking up the pieces of a proliferation of spending splurges that IOMG, and that’s not just related to COVID-19. They will have to work harder to pay taxes to repay what our current crop of politicos and their madcap schemes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

It has been noticeable that the BBC and other broadsheets have been more bullish and optimistic in recent days, reflecting the noise coming out of Downing Street. I am starting  to believe that July 19th will actually happen now that I have seen an optimistic chart displayed by the BBC. 

I agree, the UK broadcasters do sound upbeat about the 19 July ‘Freedom Day’, but when Andrew Marr revealed that he had suffered from a "nasty bout of Covid", despite being fully vaccinated, he unsurprisingly caused a bit of panic among some people who were feeling vulnerable. Even though Marr may have been unlucky and the risks associated with catching Covid for fully vaccinated people under 80 are low, his case demonstrates that Covid hasn’t been beaten yet.

Not so long ago the IOMG established the Covid Emergency Advisory Group (EAG), but the IOMG seems to be ignoring their advice...? If I understand this correctly, then I believe the voters have an important question to ask: "why have you appointed the EAG if all along you intended to ignore their recommendations"?

• Like 1

What a dog's dinner our covid response has become.  Learn from history - very recent history at that, Delta  60% plus more transmissible (schools always the worry), UK delay full re opening, other countries being ultra cautious, 21000 plus second vaccines still to be administered, two week vac break (a low point in common sense) IOM goes full carefree, starting with day 1 travel test - clear and out you go and a follow up day 6 test.  Now the 2 + 2 travel with no limitations.  The focus and impetus had to be the vaccine rollout and completion of 2nd jabs.  We are at least 4 weeks too early, but it seems the virus is a thing of the past.  Quayle, Ashford et al are potentially in the midst of their nadir.  I bet the end of this administration cant come quick enough for some of the incumbents who are clearly out of their depth.  And the vaccine dashboard is U/S - what a shambles.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Government aren't going to let go of the stranglehold they have over our everyday lives, despite what Quayle may say. 

The Civil Servants employed in track and trace, the so-called border force, and all the other various covid-related positions that have popped up - they're not going to vote for Christmas and admit we don't need all of it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Government aren't going to let go of the stranglehold they have over our everyday lives, despite what Quayle may say. 

The Civil Servants employed in track and trace, the so-called border force, and all the other various covid-related positions that have popped up - they're not going to vote for Christmas and admit we don't need all of it. 

They should … and in 21 days time.

3 hours ago, Flyingfemme said:

I was in Texas two months ago and everything was open, no masks. I have friends currently in Florida, visiting Disney with family.......packed, no masks.

Yes. It is state by state. Texas were the first to fully open. It is a hot, dry state and is quite sparsely populated, and the virus struggles to survive. On the other hand, northern states, especially coastal are a perfect breeding ground. Hence the approach. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Scipio said:

Remember everyone, any increase in cases on the Island from now will be caused by the double jabbers.

Well not officially because double jabbers aren’t tested or required to isolate, the vaccine is some sort of 100% miracle cure apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hmmmm said:

We are at least 4 weeks too early, but it seems the virus is a thing of the past.  

It will be a travesty if Covid now gets through because the border rules have been relaxed, especially if the EAG have advised against doing this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, code99 said:

It will be a travesty if Covid now gets through because the border rules have been relaxed, especially if the EAG have advised against doing this.

The travesty is a TT holiday & late deployment of the vaccination programme.

Don’t forget that. 

Ever.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2