IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

I never heard about that on the news

Of course you didn't - tens of thousands protesting in London on Saturday but the British Brainwashing Corporation and the others on the receiving end of the No10 censorship campaign have deliberately not carried the news item because it simply isn't 'on message' - heaven forbid that the rest of the nation actually sees what's going on from under their duvets.

'Truth is the first casualty of war' and make no mistake, the government has treated this a a war with its disinformation machine running in top for the past 16 months - no argument, no dissension, no alternatives. 'We' have taken pity and shown sympathy with nations that have lived under those rules - and yet the GB and GM Sheeple have sat back and the only question asked from Johnson and Mr Toad has been: 'we've bent over so how far, please sirs?'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

The Civil Servants employed in track and trace, the so-called border force, and all the other various covid-related positions that have popped up - they're not going to vote for Christmas and admit we don't need all of it. 

What, and lose out on all the overtime ? No chance.

5 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

'Truth is the first casualty of war'

Correct. The moral and ethical contract between the Government and the public has been seriously damaged, here and in the UK. The lessons from the delays, not closing borders and past and recent events demonstrate the hypocrisy, division and general contempt for the public and have undermined even the best attempts to convince us that what they now say is truthful. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Of course you didn't - tens of thousands protesting in London on Saturday but the British Brainwashing Corporation and the others on the receiving end of the No10 censorship campaign have deliberately not carried the news item because it simply isn't 'on message'

Say what?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57628292

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57623110

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Exactly. I was reported elsewhere too, but apparently censorship happened and it wasn't. 

I also find it amusing that apparently everyone else is the sheep, not the people who went to a meaningless protest which was organised by people working for ex-pat millionaires.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Government aren't going to let go of the stranglehold they have over our everyday lives, despite what Quayle may say. 

The Civil Servants employed in track and trace, the so-called border force, and all the other various covid-related positions that have popped up - they're not going to vote for Christmas and admit we don't need all of it. 

There are some big money jobs in there.

• Like 2

The reality is though, with 2000 signed to visit in the first groups allowed back and UK infection rates running around 500 per 100K and increasing - then we are pretty much guaranteed that at least 10 of that group alone will be bringing it here with them - likely more as there will be couples and families travelling together infecting each other on the way.

Add that to that the mix of schools still open and no social distancing at all here etc. and lots of people here still yet to be second jabbed, then I suspect we will be up to 300 cases relatively fast.

I still think they went a month too early - I'd have waited till the schools broke up and far more of the over 50s (and over 40s) had been second jabbed - particularly not having any distancing rules in this interim period. The schools are where it will spread fastest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Why would we be locked down again?

Young adults & children develop very mild symptoms if they present any at all.

Our at risk groups have all been doubled dosed & the majority of our over 40’s at least single dosed, over 50’s almost all doubled.

The admission rates in hospitals across are on the upward curve but only ever so slightly. Younger, fitter people in for shorter periods.

Start making plans to get on with your lives or hide yourselves away.

20,000 new infections a day in the U.K. whilst 250,000 > 500,000 are receiving the vaccine DAILY!

People need to get a grip. Never in all my life have I witnessed so much bed wetting. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Why would we be locked down again?

Young adults & children develop very mild symptoms if they present any at all.

Our at risk groups have all been doubled dosed & the majority of our over 40’s at least single dosed, over 50’s almost all doubled.

The admission rates in hospitals across are on the upward curve but only ever so slightly. Younger, fitter people in for shorter periods.

Start making plans to get on with your lives or hide yourselves away.

20,000 new infections a day in the U.K. whilst 250,000 > 500,000 are receiving the vaccine DAILY!

People need to get a grip. Never in all my life have I witnessed so much bed wetting. 

I just feel that there will be a knee jerk reaction (despite the "we must learn to live with covid" line) to the inevitable surge and iom is going to shut up shop again.

I'm very much living my life, was at a bike festival with 7000 people at the weekend...all had to produce and report a clear covid test beforehand...lots of sanitizer stations dotted around etc...I felt very safe  

I just feel that the IOM Gov are going to choke when it comes to actually "living with covid"............... they will bow to pressure from the minority that want to live in isolation 

Edited by chris4652009
  • Like 1