IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

I can't help but think that it would be better if IOMGov stopped putting out stupid press releases all because 1 person somewhere caught COVID.

Hear, hear!

Let's see the 'no hospitalisation, no ICU, no deaths' data of yesterday's waste of bandwidth put alongside yesterday's 'admissions for kidney failure, deaths from cancer, number of heart attacks, sectioned under the mental health act, current waiting lists for hip replacement, fitting of stents, cataract operations and so it goes on - then you'll see that CV is over and we've far more important and pressing medical problems to worry about.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Hear, hear!

Let's see the 'no hospitalisation, no ICU, no deaths' data of yesterday's waste of bandwidth put alongside yesterday's 'admissions for kidney failure, deaths from cancer, number of heart attacks, sectioned under the mental health act, current waiting lists for hip replacement, fitting of stents, cataract operations and so it goes on - then you'll see that CV is over and we've far more important and pressing medical problems to worry about.

image.png.7290e2e1fbabbbcc276af268347b8b64.png

Another easing of travel restrictions. Only need that digital QR code certificate on the NHS App to get into some EU countries.

From Tuesday 29 June, anyone arriving in England from an amber list country and transiting through to the Isle of Man, will no longer be required to book private COVID-19 tests in England.

The change follows engagement on the issue between the Manx and UK governments.

To qualify for this new transit exemption, passengers must remain in their port of entry before onward travel to the Isle of Man or, if leaving their port of entry, they must be entering England for the sole purposes of continuing their journey to the Isle of Man.

Passengers will need to do the following before travelling to England from an amber list country:

On the passenger locator form, carry out the follow steps:

• Select ‘Stay in the UK’ under the ‘Your travel plans’ section
  • Reply ‘I will be travelling for an exempt reason’ to the question about whether you are required to self-isolate on arrival
  • Select the exemption options, and then select ‘Transit Exemption’

Passengers should be prepared to provide evidence at the border of their onward journey to the Isle of Man.

Full details are available on the gov.uk website.

There are different rules for passengers arriving from an amber list country in ScotlandWales and Northern Ireland.

Isle of Man residents arriving on the island who have travelled to any country outside of the Common Travel Area (Guernsey, Ireland, Jersey, and the United Kingdom) in the previous 10 days are required to isolate on arrival, either for 21 days or for 7 days if they agree to have a test on arrival and again on day 6, at a cost of £30.

Details of the Day 7 Pathway are available here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Spain and Portugal announced non vaccinated people from the UK will have to do the full 14 days self isolation. Seems to be a bit of worry around the EU regarding UK travellers.

Yes, but no one from IOM can yet prove vaccination status internationally. The data upload to NHS App doesn’t yet seem to have been performed to the extent necessary to generate the QR certificate.

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

8-13

but as you have to book just ring 111. What does it matter what opening hours are. You’ll get what you’re given.

What a nasty answer! We are trying to see if it is feasible to arrange a visit to the island in August of our daughter and six year old grandson. As you can see the child is of an age that requires a test. It is important for peace of mind that we are aware of timings so that we can arrange travel arrangements to suit. 

Of course we will have to have what is available but pre knowledge is very useful.

Have I upset you John? You seem antagonised every time I ask a question.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, forestboy said:

So I believe. 
Police officers on far less money have been told that if they get employment there they will not be able to return to the Constabulary at any time!!

Not sure how sustainable that might be.

Attrition apparently quite high at present.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

What a nasty answer! We are trying to see if it is feasible to arrange a visit to the island in August of our daughter and six year old grandson. As you can see the child is of an age that requires a test. It is important for peace of mind that we are aware of timings so that we can arrange travel arrangements to suit. 

Of course we will have to have what is available but pre knowledge is very useful.

Have I upset you John? You seem antagonised every time I ask a question.

It’s not nasty by me. That’s how the government 111 deal with it. 

• Like 1