IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, kevster said:

Main page - blue box at the top - link to Government Consultations.

that takes you to a page with a link for the hub

1.JPG

2.JPG

I can’t see that this time. Couldn’t find it a few months ago. Didn’t show in search either. 

Just had a phone call from tax office with a work around for the issue on the tax return forms. 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think there's just a lot of confusion about population figures in any case

The UK has just discovered they may have miscalculated the immigration statistics over recent years by around 7 our 8 million. They also found out that actually no-one was really counting properly.

Couldn't happen here. We are meticulous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The gaps in border management systems and procedures has unfortunate benefitted human traffickers and resulted in many, many cases of loss of life, human misery and anguish and distress for those desperate for a place to live in relative safety.

I think the island has "benefitted" from poor border management as well, and I don't think the census will put that right.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Apple said:

They also found out that actually no-one was really counting properly.

I don't think that it was the inability to count - they just weren't counting at all and never have done.  The estimate of EU citizens in the UK post the Brexit vote was given as around 3M.  The Home Office has already received 5M applications to remain and think there could be another 1.5M burrowed into the woodwork.  Piss-ups and breweries don't even come close!

• Like 1

https://www.ft.com/content/f909fc9c-6bc2-4341-8d73-cb588c3b08bc

UK’s Covid booster programme expected to start in September

NHS will begin preparations after interim ruling, with go-ahead for programme to maintain protection later in summer

Should the booster programme go ahead, it will run alongside the regular annual flu vaccination campaign, which like last year’s will be extended to everybody of 50 or over. For the Covid boosters, the same system of prioritisation will be used as in the original vaccination rollout with those most vulnerable to severe disease at the front of the queue to receive an extra shot. 

Presumably this will be happening here too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Has there been any mention as to when people will need to stop self isolating if they have contact with someone who has tested positive?

C'mon thommo - live dangerously! Make a decision of your own.  It's time 'nanny' was kicked out of the State.

• Thanks 1

To be honest, I am not sure I will bother! If it becomes a requirement for travel then maybe, yes. But most other countries are in such a mess with it, why bother? Scientists are now coming out saying it is not necessary. Current two jabs are immunity, apparently! 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Briefing today at 4pm

Will be much the same as the first briefings before the last 2 lockdowns, told to be mindful as there is evidence of low level community transmission but not to panic, contact tracing is doing an amazing job/their data shows everything is under control, vaccination is going well although they’d like more to come forward blah blah blah.

By Monday they’ll be wishing they had Tynpot as a closed event, I expect after a bank holiday weekend we will naturally see cases spike, still nothing to see, move along, thank you. Patient figures for ICU/Hospital will be monitored very carefully I suspect.

How many are hospitalised currently?

How many people have been hospitalised in Jersey in the last couple of months?  (Edit - just checked. 250 active cases, 1 person in hospital). They've been open for donkeys.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1