IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

How many are hospitalised currently?

How many people have been hospitalised in Jersey in the last couple of months?  (Edit - just checked. 250 active cases, 1 person in hospital). They've been open for donkeys.

Well

Jersey has no recorded COVID related deaths in anyone over 50 ever

A Covid death is one where COVID-19, or suspected COVID-19, is mentioned on the death certificate. This includes all cases where the virus is recorded, whether as the direct cause or in combination with other health conditions”

The last recorded COVID death was in February.  So all looks good to me once the vaccine has a chance to kick in.

It really is fine to stop testing unless they are going to start doing the same for flu and pneumonia which are currently killing far more people in Britain and advising people to eat better, lose weight and do more exercise.

There is no longer any justification for any testing or restrictions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

How many are hospitalised currently?

How many people have been hospitalised in Jersey in the last couple of months?  (Edit - just checked. 250 active cases, 1 person in hospital). They've been open for donkeys.

Well the numbers don’t really seem to add up at the moment, we’re being told the Delta variant is more transmissible but if the current numbers are to be believed it appears less transmissible than the Kent variant, once it’s in 2 schools you’d expect it to spread like wild fire, as that’s what happened last time, so we should start to see positives amounts the 25-50 age range spike again .

53 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

They've been open for donkeys.

They don't admit donkeys to hospital...it's not allowed. Matron says so...

• Haha 3

On 6/29/2021 at 8:32 AM, chris4652009 said:

I just feel that there will be a knee jerk reaction (despite the "we must learn to live with covid" line) to the inevitable surge and iom is going to shut up shop again.

I'm very much living my life, was at a bike festival with 7000 people at the weekend...all had to produce and report a clear covid test beforehand...lots of sanitizer stations dotted around etc...I felt very safe  

I just feel that the IOM Gov are going to choke when it comes to actually "living with covid"............... they will bow to pressure from the minority that want to live in isolation 

I guess I'll find out if I was right in about an hour or so.............. 

31 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:There isn’t going to be another lockdown so I doubt that is accurate. People seem to be very slow in accepting that come the 19th July in the UK the only agenda is herd immunity and monitoring deaths (which have literally plummeted since the vaccine roll out).  Very much doubt we’ll be back to border controls at any time soon here either. They should just stop publishing statistics as outside of deaths they are largely meaningless. 

UK already had a large percentage of the population with herd immunity, they were living with it for a year while we decided hiding was the best option, on that basis we should be hit harder with Delta variant than the UK has been, we should be seeing more cases then we ever have before if Delta is as transmissible as people are making out. 17th of July is still 3 weeks that we’ve had no restrictions.

I’m watching the figures with interest as I’m waiting for news on whether I will be able to have an operation, chances are if the shit hits the fan (again), I won’t be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

I guess I'll find out if I was right in about an hour or so.............. 

hopefully they will State there will be no lockdown but roll-out financial support measures for those required to isolate (both for symptoms and close contacts of positive cases as well as parents required to look after children required to isolate, and maybe even slip in that social distancing and mask wearing maybe required in some situations if we get to x community cases? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fluffy123 said:

and maybe even slip in that social distancing and mask wearing

NooooooooooooWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! for the umpteenth time - are you happy to give up every freedom you've ever enjoyed to these clowns?  If so, book a flight to North Korea at the nest possible opportunity.

17 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

NooooooooooooWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! for the umpteenth time - are you happy to give up every freedom you've ever enjoyed to these clowns?  If so, book a flight to North Korea at the nest possible opportunity.

That's a bit extreme! I would rather have masks and a bit of distancing in certain settings than another lockdown. Wouldn't you? 

• Like 3