IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

33 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

The Isle of Man Government have no right to demand to see a passport. It is not an international border. Although the Manx Border Force may need reminding of this. 

Other forms of photo ID are available and perfectly acceptable. 

Hmm something else here that will be turned into a Naziesque organisation!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, TheTeapot said:

How was the UK's half arsed semi restricted purgatory? Basically ignored?

Don’t believe everything you read/hear in the media. The vast majority are being very careful but there are too many numpties it has to be said….

8 hours ago, oooohtony said:

Because it’s where you were born and the rest of your family live?

In normal times you can cancel out how crap it is here with the ability to travel a lot and still be near family.

Currently, and for over a year we can’t and we have been stuck on this little tip.

That is why so many locals have been travelling since as soon as we were able, even just to the UK, and why loads will be off over the bank holiday weekend.

I can only imagine people who love it here haven’t travelled much?  It’s a safe place to bring kids up and educate them (assuming you can get away regularly). That is it.  There is nothing else on offer that you can’t get better in thousands of other places.

Every "staycation" is one more added to Laurence/DFE's "satisfied visitor" figures... :D

• Like 1

Genuine question, what’s to stop a non vaccinated person borrowing someone else’s vaccination card (mine doesn’t even have my name written on it), taking a picture and uploading it as 2+2 proof? When you apply for your vaccination exemption to enter the IOM, do they check medical records?

29 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Genuine question, what’s to stop a non vaccinated person borrowing someone else’s vaccination card (mine doesn’t even have my name written on it), taking a picture and uploading it as 2+2 proof? When you apply for your vaccination exemption to enter the IOM, do they check medical records?

Are people that desperate?

37 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

They would be committing a fraud.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

Are people that desperate?

People are definitely doing it.

If a few cases coming in was actually an issue this would be a real concern. As it is it just shows how pointless the whole thing is and that they don’t really care and are just putting a few pointless measures in place to placate those who are scared.

If they were in anyway serious about people following the rules they wouldn’t have allowed such an obvious and simple workaround.

11 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

And whilst the authorities shouldn’t, and legally can’t, check your medical record to cross reference, I think they can check their vaccination administration  records to see if the person applying received vaccinations on the days on the card. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

If a few cases coming in was actually an issue this would be a real concern. As it is it just shows how pointless the whole thing is and that they don’t really care and are just putting a few pointless measures in place to placate those who are scared.

If they were in anyway serious about people following the rules they wouldn’t have allowed such an obvious and simple workaround.

It isn’t a workaround. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

And one that could be easily detected and prosecuted retrospectively.

Edited to add: I hadn't refreshed and seen that John had made the same point, but it's worth emphasising just how easily these sorts of fraud can be picked up if there's the will to do so.

Edited by Roger Mexico

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It isn’t a workaround. 

Whatever it is - it works according to someone who arrived on Tuesday.

Double dosed parter used her app, he used her card.  No one checked properly and no one noticed.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

Whatever it is - it works according to someone who arrived on Tuesday.

Double dosed parter used her app, he used her card.  No one checked properly and no one noticed.

Of course, you raised your concerns with the appropriate authorities? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

I doubt it was some clever loophole engineering. You only have to do a day 0 test anyway. It is just an easy answer for letting grannies without smartphones go back and forth. 

I would imagine it’d be treated like many of our other COVID breaches. You’d get the book absolutely thrown at you if caught.