IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I doubt it was some clever loophole engineering. You only have to do a day 0 test anyway. It is just an easy answer for letting grannies without smartphones go back and forth. 

I would imagine it’d be treated like many of our other COVID breaches. You’d get the book absolutely thrown at you if caught. 

Absolutely. They must be daft telling other people they are doing it. This is the Isle of Man.

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Of course, you raised your concerns with the appropriate authorities? 

I don’t even know his name, but some others in the group of us he was speaking to might.

If they want to report him they can, but nobody appeared remotely arsed.

Eveyone I speak to is totally over it and couldn’t care less any more.

It is only online I see people who still want testing and isolation.  I haven’t spoken to anyone for about 6 weeks who voices those opinions in public.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John Wright said:

Realistically lots of us want to travel. We’ve had lock in for 16 months. I did travel for 7 weeks last summer, Spain, Italy, Greece and Bulgaria.

Travel restrictions are tougher now, and infection rates are higher, but we’ve got vaccinations. And I can get to all the places I want to go without tests or isolations if I can lay my hands on an internationally accepted digital certificate.

Brits living in the UK and Channel Islands can get them. They’ve been planning for months. Why can’t I, and why shouldn’t I be allowed to travel?

The reason is irrelevant. Although I’ve got valid reasons. But I don’t see why I should test and isolate on the way out and on the way back.

And fucked. My first one was Indian manufactured ( Delta ) AZ vaccine. The Indian manufactured AZ isn’t authorised or recognised by the European Medicine Agency emergency use authorisation. So the App won’t help!

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And fucked. My first one was Indian manufactured ( Delta ) AZ vaccine. The Indian manufactured AZ isn’t authorised or recognised by the European Medicine Agency emergency use authorisation. So the App won’t help!

seems this may be getting sorted very quickly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-57628123

2 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Genuine question, what’s to stop a non vaccinated person borrowing someone else’s vaccination card (mine doesn’t even have my name written on it), taking a picture and uploading it as 2+2 proof? When you apply for your vaccination exemption to enter the IOM, do they check medical records?

Yes they check iom residents before issuing the vaccination exemption

37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

OK for Spain according to BBC.  Presumably it will be sorted out soon more generally and the Telegraph will have to find something else to blame the EU for.

Edited to add: Yes I should refresh the screen more and Happier diner already linked this.

Edited by Roger Mexico

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

OK for Spain according to BBC.  Presumably it will be sorted out soon more generally and the Telegraph will have to find something else to blame the EU for.

Edited to add: Yes I should refresh the screen more and Happier diner already linked this.

Yes. I’d seen that. I’m ok going to Spain via Dublin Rosslare and Bilbao or Heysham Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander. Can’t do it via France. Was hoping to go Barcelona Italy Greece Bulgaria with ferry/car ( or France Switzerland Italy Greece Bulgaria or Holland Germany Czechia  Slovakia Hungary Romania Bulgaria)  to sort out apartment for ski season. Last occupant was Paul. He did an emergency runner to get home from his ski trip before borders closed in March 2020. 

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

Since when does a 2 week hiatus result in a month gap? Unless you count the delay at the start? But we wouldn’t have been any further ahead, due to supply.

61% of the adult population are double jabbed. At current rate all those who’ve had one jab will be double jabbed before end July. 93.15% of the adult population have had their first jab.

UK has done 85% one jab and 63% second.

Its not a race. But UK and IOM will both cross the finish line around the same time, but with IOM having a higher percentage vaccinated, if those figures are correct.

There'll be stragglers getting first doses through July and August and seconds into September. UK has been doing a steady 170,000 a day. Last 2 weeks IOM has done 1,000 a day. The IOM rate is 4x the per capita rate.

John, when the vaccination program moved from 12 weeks to 10 weeks, if we had carried on at a pace, the first two weeks of jab 2 for 10 weekers would have overlapped the last two weeks of the 12 weekers. It would not have resulted in a 2 week break. So as well as wasting those two weeks, they had to build in another two weeks of delay by taking odd days and half days off. 

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

John, when the vaccination program moved from 12 weeks to 10 weeks, if we had carried on at a pace, the first two weeks of jab 2 for 10 weekers would have overlapped the last two weeks of the 12 weekers. It would not have resulted in a 2 week break. So as well as wasting those two weeks, they had to build in another two weeks of delay by taking odd days and half days off. 

Cambon. You are missing the point. they should have brought forward jabs not put extra ones in between. If you brought forward already booked appointments there could not be overlap.

33 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Cambon. You are missing the point. they should have brought forward jabs not put extra ones in between. If you brought forward already booked appointments there could not be overlap.

I know. It is all part of the wasted time and is what is causing the potential risk now. If they had done it properly, all adults would have been double jabbed by the end of last month.

59 minutes ago, Cambon said:

My recollection is that we went from 10 weeks to 12 weeks, not 12 to 10. The 2 week delay was because they finished the last 10 weeker 2nd jab and then had to wait 2 weeks for the first 12 weeker 2nd jab. They could only have avoided the 2 week gap by changing the 12 weekers to 10 weekers.

• Like 2