IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

41 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

My recollection is that we went from 10 weeks to 12 weeks, not 12 to 10. The 2 week delay was because they finished the last 10 weeker 2nd jab and then had to wait 2 weeks for the first 12 weeker 2nd jab. They could only have avoided the 2 week gap by changing the 12 weekers to 10 weekers.

Correct

So, the tea-leaf and crystal-ball gazers are starting to get their excuses for gross incompetence in ahead of the inquires. And this, from Tildsley, of the high priests of 'keep the barstewards  locked down' cult: (from today's DT)

screenshot.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

And fucked. My first one was Indian manufactured ( Delta ) AZ vaccine. The Indian manufactured AZ isn’t authorised or recognised by the European Medicine Agency emergency use authorisation. So the App won’t help!

Both my AZ doses were from batch numbers starting with P.  You can have my card if it helps, just talk in a slightly higher tone.

(Joke, BTW.) 

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Both my AZ doses were from batch numbers starting with P.  You can have my card if it helps, just talk in a slightly higher tone.

(Joke, BTW.) 

I’d take you up. Borrow a wig. Unfortunately I’m already registered for the vaccination exemption. 

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes. I’d seen that. I’m ok going to Spain via Dublin Rosslare and Bilbao or Heysham Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander. Can’t do it via France. Was hoping to go Barcelona Italy Greece Bulgaria with ferry/car ( or France Switzerland Italy Greece Bulgaria or Holland Germany Czechia  Slovakia Hungary Romania Bulgaria)  to sort out apartment for ski season. Last occupant was Paul. He did an emergency runner to get home from his ski trip before borders closed in March 2020. 

I gotta admire your ambition!

Edited by Happier diner

11 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I gotta admire your ambition!

What’s ambitious about that. I did it last August/September. The overland trip is a pig. But the ferries to Spain and  Spain Italy and Italy Greece mean no long drives. The ferries are mini cruise liners. You travel whilst you at, drink and sleep.

Via Dublin drive time to Bulgaria is

Dublin Rosslare 90 mins ( contrast via Portsmouth or Plymouth which can take 7-10 hours depending on road works/congestion.

Bilbao Barcelona 5 hours

Civitavecchia Ancona 3 hours

Igoumenitsa Bulgarian border 5 hours.

idea was to get to my Spanish holiday home, have a rest for a week. IOM to BCN takes 48 hours if you get timing right. 34 of that is on board ferries. Pack some stuff to take to Bulgaria. 18 hour ferry trip to Italy. A week in Perugia en route. 18 hour ferry trip to Greece. Couple of weeks in Bulgaria. Without the stop over it’s 48 hours door to door with 36 hours on board including two nights sleep. Pack stuff to take to Spain and bring back here. Week in Greece on Thassos, then ferry to Italy and then to Spain. Couple weeks in Spain. Home.

might alter itinerary to have few days in Corsica or on Corfu as the ferries stop off at both.

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

What’s ambitious about that. I did it last August/September. The overland trip is a pig. But the ferries to Spain and  Spain Italy and Italy Greece mean no long drives. The ferries are mini cruise liners. You travel whilst you at, drink and sleep.

Via Dublin drive time to Bulgaria is

Dublin Rosslare 90 mins ( contrast via Portsmouth or Plymouth which can take 7-10 hours depending on road works/congestion.

Bilbao Barcelona 5 hours

Civitavecchia Ancona 3 hours

Igoumenitsa Bulgarian border 5 hours.

idea was to get to my Spanish holiday home, have a rest for a week. IOM to BCN takes 48 hours if you get timing right. 34 of that is on board ferries. Pack some stuff to take to Bulgaria. 18 hour ferry trip to Italy. A week in Perugia en route. 18 hour ferry trip to Greece. Couple of weeks in Bulgaria. Without the stop over it’s 48 hours door to door with 36 hours on board including two nights sleep. Pack stuff to take to Spain and bring back here. Week in Greece on Thassos, then ferry to Italy and then to Spain. Couple weeks in Spain. Home.

might alter itinerary to have few days in Corsica or on Corfu as the ferries stop off at both.

I wasn't being sarcastic. It sounds good fun. We go Plymouth to Santander every year (well normally) and love it. Not quite as travel savvy as you though. 

Was at the airport earlier to pick some visitors up.  Loads coming off the plane and a steady stream though the vaccine hub.  All good.

Nice that after over a year of no tourists the first thing they meet when coming out of arrivals is temporary fencing and bloke running a cutter to re do the block paving on the crossings ffs.

Over a year there have been hardly any visitors coming though, and this week they are doing road works right outside the terminal.

Bigger things to worry about in life, but just seems like a typical lack of foresight or forward planning.  Like opening a new shop or office and having the signage put up as your first visitors are arriving.  First impressions etc etc.

Lots of jovial people looking forward to weekend in the pubs, and lots of people being reunited after way to long.

Overall a pretty uplifting sight with plane engine noise in the background and a real buzz about the place.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

Nice that after over a year of no tourists the first thing they meet when coming out of arrivals is temporary fencing and bloke running a cutter to re do the block paving on the crossings ffs.

Over a year there have been hardly any visitors coming though, and this week they are doing road works right outside the terminal.

I spoke to some real life tourists today, some were from Matlock. The conversation went a bit like this

"Yes, we're staying in Douglas"

"ah, I'm sorry about that"

"Oh ha, do you mean your promenade?"

"Well..."

"That wasn't in the brochure..."

Anyway they were happy to be here.

1 hour ago, oooohtony said:

Was at the airport earlier to pick some visitors up.  Loads coming off the plane and a steady stream though the vaccine hub.  All good.

Bigger things to worry about in life, but just seems like a typical lack of foresight or forward planning.  Like opening a new shop or office and having the signage put up as your first visitors are arriving.  First impressions etc etc.

Lots of jovial people looking forward to weekend in the pubs, and lots of people being reunited after way to long.

Overall a pretty uplifting sight with plane engine noise in the background and a real buzz about the place.

Bit like digging up the Sea Terminal car park the day after the border re-opens.