IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

34 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Laxey is crawling with them today.  Beige anoraks everywhere.

I've quite missed them.

It ace isn’t it?

30 years ago I used to look forward to the hockey festival and majorette week.

Given the average age of the women wandering about and the fact that 30 years have passed, I might be able to relive some of that excitement this supermanx weekend 😜

4 hours ago, Manx Yeller said:

My recollection is that we went from 10 weeks to 12 weeks, not 12 to 10. The 2 week delay was because they finished the last 10 weeker 2nd jab and then had to wait 2 weeks for the first 12 weeker 2nd jab. They could only have avoided the 2 week gap by changing the 12 weekers to 10 weekers.

You are correct. I just wasted an hour looking for evidence to prove my point, but we did indeed do 10 weeks for a short time before going to 12 weeks. 

Funny how they did not schedule in a six week break because of going from 4 weeks to 10 weeks! 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I spoke to some real life tourists today, some were from Matlock. The conversation went a bit like this

"Yes, we're staying in Douglas"

"ah, I'm sorry about that"

"Oh ha, do you mean your promenade?"

"Well..."

"That wasn't in the brochure..."

Anyway they were happy to be here.

Took the tram to Ramsey for lunch yesterday. Load of Welsh tourists got on at Laxey to join us to Ramsey. 

On the way home a party of Great Rail Journeys boarded at Laxey. Recognised the tour manager from a trip we’d done to Italy. Felt the need to apologise for the prom. 

Train to Port Erin today and an excellent afternoon at Foraging Vintners. 

Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

What’s ambitious about that. I did it last August/September. The overland trip is a pig. But the ferries to Spain and  Spain Italy and Italy Greece mean no long drives. The ferries are mini cruise liners. You travel whilst you at, drink and sleep.

Via Dublin drive time to Bulgaria is

Dublin Rosslare 90 mins ( contrast via Portsmouth or Plymouth which can take 7-10 hours depending on road works/congestion.

Bilbao Barcelona 5 hours

Civitavecchia Ancona 3 hours

Igoumenitsa Bulgarian border 5 hours.

idea was to get to my Spanish holiday home, have a rest for a week. IOM to BCN takes 48 hours if you get timing right. 34 of that is on board ferries. Pack some stuff to take to Bulgaria. 18 hour ferry trip to Italy. A week in Perugia en route. 18 hour ferry trip to Greece. Couple of weeks in Bulgaria. Without the stop over it’s 48 hours door to door with 36 hours on board including two nights sleep. Pack stuff to take to Spain and bring back here. Week in Greece on Thassos, then ferry to Italy and then to Spain. Couple weeks in Spain. Home.

might alter itinerary to have few days in Corsica or on Corfu as the ferries stop off at both.

Each to their own, of course, but I spent about 4 hours today driving from Liverpool to Birmingham.  Spent half thinking ‘why does anyone live here’, and the other half thinking ‘why did I leave the island’.

I’m not an avid traveller. Your itinerary is not my idea of fun. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Each to their own, of course, but I spent about 4 hours today driving from Liverpool to Birmingham.  Spent half thinking ‘why does anyone live here’, and the other half thinking ‘why did I leave the island’.

I’m not an avid traveller. Your itinerary is not my idea of fun. 

But break it into small segments. Traffic free roads. Stop off en route. I get my fix of travel and then come back and enjoy here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

You are correct. I just wasted an hour looking for evidence to prove my point, but we did indeed do 10 weeks for a short time before going to 12 weeks. 

Funny how they did not schedule in a six week break because of going from 4 weeks to 10 weeks! 

Logistics were totally different. They were still ramping up first doses.

We have 3 nights booked from 19th July for myself,wife,and 2 daughters all double vaccinated apart from 17 year old daughter who has had one jag and will need to take a test and isolate for 24 -48 for results,so probably not worth it unless theres a rule change before the 19th July.

4 hours ago, Cambon said:

That's because they didn't reschedule any existing already booked second doses when they put in the longer gap.  But once those had been given, they could give practically everything out as first doses and so have more people partially vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's because they didn't reschedule any existing already booked second doses when they put in the longer gap.  But once those had been given, they could give practically everything out as first doses and so have more people partially vaccinated.

Sorry RM, it was a joke! 

• Thanks 1