IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, KERED said:

Ashie says that People caught using false documentation to enter the Island will be jailed.

So now he is Judge and Jury?

No. Manx Radio says that. Bad headline. The text and spoken word says that if caught they’ll be prosecuted and risk prison.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. Manx Radio says that. Bad headline. The text and spoken word says that if caught they’ll be prosecuted and risk prison.

To be fair to KERED I listened back and Ashford definitely says “will be jailed.”

• Like 1

I found myself browsing the IOM Today pages and found a rather odd couple from Castletown who were interviewed on Strand Street about the border relaxation. They were shopping in Strand Street wearing masks but, being so fearful of Covid, they were supposedly reducing their movements as a result of it. I would suggest Amazon in such circumstances. Stewart, who is 70 and apparently in Priority Group 4, has yet to receive his second vaccination. I am in the same priority group and I had my second vaccine dose in May. Why would someone so apparently fearful of dying from Covid still be waiting? Rather than wandering around the Island wearing a mask, should he not be on the phone to 111 arranging his vaccination?  I really do laugh at these voxpop interviews. The reporters must scour Strand Street, looking for the most incredulous and unrepresentative people to get a feel for "public opinion". What a rag. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Twitch said:

To be fair to KERED I listened back and Ashford definitely says “will be jailed.”

And yet if your caught without tax and insurance etc your likely to not be. So he reckons having dodgy docs is more of a crime than having zero ones.. interesting. 

Just now, Roxanne said:

Straight from the horse's mouth (audio clip)

I notice also this week that the directors of the Corrin Home in Peel have found it necessary to correct Minister Ashford on four separate 'inaccuracies' reported to Tynwald by him regarding the closure of the home..  Each one disproved and backed up by evidence from the directors.

He has a dangerous tongue that man, and no-one in government appears to be calling him to account.

There was Tesco, way back in April 2020. I got one of the journos to ask at a presser when IoMG was going to give Tesco info on extremely vulnerable to allow priority slots.

DA answer. Tesco hadn’t approached DHSC.

First, it was the job of DHSC to make the approach to protect the islands weak and vulnerable.

Second, Tesco had approached and DHSC CS were dithering over GDPR  ( it had already been done in England, Scotland & Wales )

Third, he had to apologise to Tesco, but would only do it privately. He’s never admitted his mistake and put the record straight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This is what happens when you have a political system that allows any ass with an ego to be elected and put in a position of authority. Some might claim it is democracy but democracy should be about knowing what you are voting for. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

My favourite ashie moment was in one of the pressers when the dream trio were questioned about how many people were self isolating at that moment. Hetty wisely passed, ashie said he didn't have the figures to hand, howie gave an answer which was about 400 more that the actual figures. Whereupon ashie suddenly found the real figures. Made me chuckle for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Oh, and there was the question about how many people were staffing the 111 line, ashie claimed not to have the figures to hand, but would endeavour to find them, then when asked again by moulton 6 weeks later, still said he didnt have the figures to hand. Moulton promised to hold hom to his promise of releasing them but never did for some reason

We have said it many times, he is the most dangerous of people, complete and utter belief in himself with no ability to self-criticise.  

He still hasn't declared yet, has he?  I would like to think he wants time to be with his family and write his memoirs. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

We have said it many times, he is the most dangerous of people, complete and utter belief in himself with no ability to self-criticise.  

He still hasn't declared yet, has he?  I would like to think he wants time to be with his family and write his memoirs. 

You are completely right.  I don’t think I have ever heard him accept anything he has said or done has been wrong or could even have been improved on.

The ability to admit (and learn from) errors or mistakes is important in any walk of life.  For a politician it is crucial.

I also find it tends to earn others respect much more than simply telling lies and claiming to be perfect all the time.

The love for DA from so many is one of life’s great mysteries to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1