IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

We have said it many times, he is the most dangerous of people, complete and utter belief in himself with no ability to self-criticise.  

He still hasn't declared yet, has he?  I would like to think he wants time to be with his family and write his memoirs. 

He has probably already shredded all his notes!

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Well, that's him brutally (and accurately?) analysed.

Can the others all be similarly dealt with before we have to decide who is worthy of our vote?

If you just assume they're ALL total pricks, you won't go far wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Frankly, DA doesn't have the wherewithal to admit when he's wrong, or even if he simply doesn't know.

It's far easier to bluster your way around until the topic wanders off. If you try and re-visit it, you're told it has already been answered.

He is certainly making a total tit of himself regarding the UK green list, particularly the issue of Manx residents going to the Balearics, Malta and Madeira and other destinations. What’s he going to do? Jail them? He will end up with egg on his face and have lots of Manx martyrs. 

Hearing several stories of the GMP being particularly unwelcoming towards visitors.

Witnessed it myself in town last night. Locals chosing to go to packed bars and then complaining at people who have come here and are spending in our economy telling them that they should be wearing masks and weren’t welcome.

Embarrassing.  People have lost their minds.  Anyone who believes they are really at any significant risk now needs to give their head a wobble.

And people who keep talking about “the rest of the world” still having masks and restrictions need to pick up an atlas and a newspaper.

Significantly more of the worlds population are continuing to live without masks and distancing than those who are.

Edited by oooohtony
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, oooohtony said:

Hearing several stories of the GMP being particularly unwelcoming towards visitors.

Witnessed it myself in town last night. Local chowing to go to packed bars and then complaining at people who have come here and are spending in our economy telling them that they should be wearing masks and weren’t welcome.

Embarrassing.  People have lost their minds.  Anyone who believes they are really at any significant risk now needs to give their head a wobble.

And people who keep talking about “the rest of the world” still having masks and restrictions need to pick up an atlas and a newspaper.

Significantly more of the worlds population are continuing to live without masks and distancing than those who are.

Well, the places that don't have masks and restrictions generally have either high levels of vaccination, stringent border controls and testing or both. To someone from the UK, 8 countries are open, 111 have restrictions and 102 have their borders closed.

Which of the rest of the world, bar the US, don't have masks and restrictions, whilst having open borders? I think you'll find the number is slimmer than you think.

The US is arguably an outlier, being formed of such a diverse set of state governments. They also had COVID rip through, and are quite far along in their vaccination program. Out of everyone over 12, 64% of them have had a first dose, and 55% of them have had a second. Note that in the UK, there's a big bias towards cases in the younger age groups, where the plan seems to be 'let it rip through the kids, they're resilient enough, hopefully'. I wonder if their geography and generally big indoor spaces also influence things too. You don't have to be anywhere near people if you don't want to be, almost everything is drive through.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

We have said it many times, he is the most dangerous of people, complete and utter belief in himself with no ability to self-criticise.  

He still hasn't declared yet, has he?  I would like to think he wants time to be with his family and write his memoirs. 

Here’s my prediction - I reckon he won’t stand on the premise of a shoo-in to a guaranteed Lego seat. There’s bound to be a minimum of 2. Newly elected MHKs particularly those ex MLCs are bound to be in awe of Ashie and will vote him in. 

22 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

Witnessed it myself in town last night. Locals chosing to go to packed bars and then complaining at people who have come here and are spending in our economy telling them that they should be wearing masks and weren’t welcome.

Probably followers of IOMNP Facebook. Close the Boarders!

Sad, Pathetic and Predictable 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Well, the places that don't have masks and restrictions generally have either high levels of vaccination, stringent border controls and testing or both. To someone from the UK, 8 countries are open, 111 have restrictions and 102 have their borders closed.

Which of the rest of the world, bar the US, don't have masks and restrictions, whilst having open borders? I think you'll find the number is slimmer than you think.

The US is arguably an outlier, being formed of such a diverse set of state governments. They also had COVID rip through, and are quite far along in their vaccination program. Out of everyone over 12, 64% of them have had a first dose, and 55% of them have had a second. Note that in the UK, there's a big bias towards cases in the younger age groups, where the plan seems to be 'let it rip through the kids, they're resilient enough, hopefully'. I wonder if their geography and generally big indoor spaces also influence things too. You don't have to be anywhere near people if you don't want to be, almost everything is drive through.

Didn’t say anything  about borders.  I said restrictions.

You think the majority of the worlds population are currently doing social distancing, masks, and have any significant restrictions on anything but the biggest of crowd gatherings?

They don’t, those with all that nonsense are the minority 

4 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

Didn’t say anything  about borders.  I said restrictions.

You think the majority of the worlds population are currently doing social distancing, masks, and have any significant restrictions on anything but the biggest of crowd gatherings?

They don’t, those with all that nonsense are the minority 

Most of Europe does as of about a week ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53640249

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Most of Europe does as of about a week ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53640249

I know.  The world is a lot bigger than Europe, the states and Australia.

The majority of the worlds population is living near normal lives and not dropping dead in any numbers greater than other years 

8 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

I know.  The world is a lot bigger than Europe, the states and Australia.

The majority of the worlds population is living near normal lives and not dropping dead in any numbers greater than other years 

You mean, places like Indonesia where they're claiming to be on the brink of catastrophe?

Or Africa where COVID related deaths are up by 19%? 21 African countries are reporting COVID-related death rates over the global average. South Africa had 173k excess deaths between 6th May 2020 and 19th June 2021.

South America aren't doing particularly well either. They're reporting a third of daily global deaths as of a week ago, despite being only 5% of global population. Never mind the impact this is having on kids who have been out of school the longest in the world. https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2021/06/19/latin-americas-silent-tragedy-of-empty-classrooms

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You mean, places like Indonesia where they're claiming to be on the brink of catastrophe?

Or Africa where COVID related deaths are up by 19%? 21 African countries are reporting COVID-related death rates over the global average. South Africa had 173k excess deaths between 6th May 2020 and 19th June 2021.

South America aren't doing particularly well either. They're reporting a third of daily global deaths as of a week ago, despite being only 5% of global population. Never mind the impact this is having on kids who have been out of school the longest in the world. https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2021/06/19/latin-americas-silent-tragedy-of-empty-classrooms

Yeah, but apart from Europe, North America. South America, Asia, Africa and Australia, the rest of the world is completely free from Covid restrictions.  Have you ever seen a penguin in a face-mask?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1