IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

To be fair to Ashie, he speaks with great confidence which does give the public much needed confidence in what he is saying, especially in a pandemic.

Unfortunately a lot of what he says is bollocks, like many politicians, but at least most of the others are so transparent that it doesn't matter!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

To be fair to Ashie, he speaks with great confidence which does give the public much needed confidence in what he is saying, especially in a pandemic.

Unfortunately a lot of what he says is bollocks, like many politicians, but at least most of the others are so transparent that it doesn't matter!

I would be fair, if what he said wasn't bollocks.  I like someone who is either honest enough to admit they don't know and defer to those who do or are sufficiently guileless to be clearly bullshitting.  I don't like people who can bullshit with conviction.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Allinson was the same the other day. He declared they aren't isolating children who are close contacts / classmates of infected children. This is not true at all. 

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yeah, but apart from Europe, North America. South America, Asia, Africa and Australia, the rest of the world is completely free from Covid restrictions.  Have you ever seen a penguin in a face-mask?

You seen how many people live in India? China? Asia? USA? Canada?

13 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You're right, they're doing alright with no restrictions up in Antarctica. We should just suck it up like them.

I've heard the International Space Station are managing to avoid it too, and they go all over the world. :D

I am

not saying nowhere has had restrictions.  I am saying a lot more of the world is returning to normal than ours and the UK press are making out.

Peoples perception of what is happening in the rest of the world is skewed by one sided reporting of doom and gloom.

The 7 day average of cases in India is not far off 10 percent of what it was when our press were interested.  Haven’t seen many follow up reports on how much better things are there now.

This recent article is typical.  All doom and gloom.  Thousands of cases blah blah.

Per head of population it’s buttons.  Why not report the huge decreases in numbers recently?

• Like 1

Isolation to be dropped from 19 July if travelling from outside common travel area & on the Green list.

Sense is finally prevailing within CoMin.

Looking very much like Freedom Day is on like Donkey Kong.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

You seen how many people live in India? China? Asia? USA? Canada?

And have you actually checked what restrictions there currently are in those countries?  In fact the Blavatnik School of Government at Oxford have been producing a stringency index for the FT over the crisis (there's a neat time sequence animation) and that shows nowhere with no restrictions (there are some countries like North Korea with no data):

image.png.c294b7ccb6f9c4c53e7683443cb44363.png

and some of those you mention such as India and China at a very high level

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

Grandstand testing should have a separate priority queue for children. Over 40 minutes wait 

It seems silly up there ATM

Giving people slots they turn up on time for yet are still sat in a car park 30mins later seems all too common.