IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

you do end up with people too scared to even leave the house to even pop to the shops

.......and that is testament to the level of fear deliberately stoked up by 'the State' - reprehensible.  The fear factor has preyed on a sizeable group and Johnson must, as part of his new messaging, must give some reassurance that COVID cannot be caught in you back garden,

Just now, Utah 01 said:

.......and that is testament to the level of fear deliberately stoked up by 'the State' - reprehensible.  The fear factor has preyed on a sizeable group and Johnson must, as part of his new messaging, must give some reassurance that COVID cannot be caught in you back garden,

It can, just ask the couple with the hot tub, pampas grass and like-minded friends. :D

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You end up mentally harming those you're trying to protect

That lies at the doortstep inarguably with the behavioral nudge teams that government has deployed throughout their fear campaign.  No blame whatsoever can be attributed to 'the people's' actions.

Trying to fight my way through the myriad of ever changing paperwork required for a simple trip to Blackpool never leaving airside at the airport. Having seen lots of coaches yesterday are all those people having to do this ? If not why not ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

You've got to remember Gladys it's Facebook. If you believed everything on Facebook then you'd believe the island gets paid to take the UK pedophiles. That's something that doesn't happen either. 

Don't worry, I take very little on FB as gospel, unless it is someone's dinner. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

There are a load of people who will never be able to live normally again as they believe covid is around every corner. It's sad. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

.... vaccination needs to be supported by public health. For the people who can't have it, and the people who it won't work for.

Public Health should certainly support those who cannot gave the vax, but those who choose not to should be given the freedom to do as they need to protect themselves without any state support. 

A discussion last night about whether staff in UK nursing homes should be required to have the vax was quite interesting.  The majority were of the view that there should be a requirement, with the only dispensation being on medical grounds, in which case they should expect to be moved into a less front line position but their other employment rights protected.  Those who choose not to have the vax should expect to be also moved or, if they object, found unable to perform their role.

Let's not forget that the residents of UK care homes have been prevented from seeing their family for a very long time to protect them, to jeopardise their health now because of an ill-founded belief would be nothing short of negligence. Someone who thinks that way is not suited to the care of the vulnerable.

That may be unpopular and some think contrary to equality laws, but I am not sure being a twat is a protected characteristic.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So then, @quilp, nail your colours, which one? 

I'll just carry on following the science without looking for confirmation bias either way thus making my own mind up. I'd rather leave the dogma and bombast to people like you and just continue to distance, wash/gel the hands (and face) even though I'm double-jabbed, for the sake of myself and others. It's not difficult, no need for panic and hyperbole.

As soon as there is reasonable science kids should be vaccinated. The research into oral and aerosol routes for vaccination purposes seems to be coming along nicely, as is the acquired knowledge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1