IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

29 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Loads & I mean loads of kids testing +++ is the word.

She's ripping through the schools at a fair old lick.

Are you talking UK now or IOM? Perhaps they’ll look at giving out more than 2 lateral flow tests a week? you can get as many as you need from UK pharmacies, I believe that some UK pharmacies are sending here for free, but I’ve not seen that first hand, only what I’ve seen on Facebook.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Following on from Leukaemia 3 years ago I’m in the vulnerable, immunocompromised, group.

Ive got on with life. I go out and about. I don’t really go to pubs and nightclubs, never have. Not going to go to a football match or big sporting event, but that’s a lifetime aversion/rather watch paint dry thing. I didn’t limit what I did before Covid.

I escaped the ward mid induction and got friends to take me to see shows 100 miles away. 1st weekend out of hospital ( after 11 weeks ) I got on the ferry and drove to Edinburgh for weekend. In the big snow.

Last year I travelled Europe for two months. I’m vaccinated now. Not sure how effective it is for me. But I’m intent on continuing life as normal, theatre, travel, meals out. I’ll wear masks where it’s compulsory. 

But, I’ve no wish to go back into lockdown or restrictions on certain parts of the economy. 

I think it’s a difficult balance. Only time will tell. Some areas in Spain, Barcelona Province of Catalunya, have just closed musical bars and night clubs, after a month of reopening, due to exponential case growth tracked through their app.

Good Post and pleased to hear your embracing life, getting off the rock! Life goes on, virus or no virus.

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Are you talking UK now or IOM? Perhaps they’ll look at giving out more than 2 lateral flow tests a week? you can get as many as you need from UK pharmacies, I believe that some UK pharmacies are sending here for free, but I’ve not seen that first hand, only what I’ve seen on Facebook.

It’s a real about face as ‘Ashie’ was adamant till hell freezes over that the Lateral Flow Testing kits weren’t going to be used or the results recognised. Apparently in the UK you can get an Antigen test at certain Pharmacies. Sadly not in the IOM.

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s a real about face as ‘Ashie’ was adamant till hell freezes over that the Lateral Flow Testing kits weren’t going to be used or the results recognised. 

Well you'd expect that the one time he gets the science right, that he'd then reverse his decision.  The interesting question is who is paying for these unreliable tests and at what price.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oooohtony said:

As an aside.

Nice to see a coach load of tourists parked up at Peel Castle today wondering why one of our main tourist attractions was closed a week after the borders opened and the day after our national day.

Absolute joke this island sometimes.  The MNH website doesn’t even show the actual hours at the moment 

It is own worst enemy. Rob Callister is in charge of Tourism and I also believe he is a trustee of Manx National Haemorrhage. Perhaps the cruise liner (when the ships actually arrive) visitors are going to visit the outside of the castle? It’s another quality advertisement for Visit IOM. 

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well you'd expect that the one time he gets the science right, that he'd then reverse his decision.  The interesting question is who is paying for these unreliable tests and at what price.

I’ve got no issue with these tests, which if used in conjunction with a PCR will probably do the job. I would to make my own decisions without Nanny Ashie dictating my every move. Freedom of choice and each to their own, unfortunately Ashie demonises people.

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, oooohtony said:

As an aside.

Nice to see a coach load of tourists parked up at Peel Castle today wondering why one of our main tourist attractions was closed a week after the borders opened and the day after our national day.

Absolute joke this island sometimes.  The MNH website doesn’t even show the actual hours at the moment 

Were they wondering why it was closed? Or did they know it was closed but taken over for a look?

Stop moaning.  It's beyond boring.

Edited by TerryFuchwit
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The flip side with Lateral Flow tests is that they seem to get more accurate the more riddled you are with it. 

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Clearly the tax payer js, rightly, paying for them.

Personally I'm avoiding  all forms of testing because unless it's really bad I'm keeping my head firmly below the covid parapet. 

If you're not careful you can end up in a state of perpetual house isolation when you have kids at school

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The accuracy is still only thought to be around 67% which was his initial concern, which was understandable at the time as we were still in the elimination strategy stage, I think we’d probably settle for that sort of accuracy now as even if the odd positive gets missed it’s still helping weed out the majority.

I'd like to see more effort made to force people to get vaccinated.  Apart from a very very small segment of people there is no logical or medical reason not to be vaccinated.  I know at least 6 people  (I'm avoiding 5 and the new 3 just so Pongo doesn't get bent out of shape)  who are not getting it.  No logical reasons for the stance either.  It's like talking to flat earthers.

• Like 3

I’ve not heard anything about a load of kids testing positive so I assumed Nom De Plume was just being facetious, because they don’t believe Delta to be any sort of threat.

Still time for the shit to hit the fan, if we see a spike parents will be expected to isolate (if not 2 jabs) you’d assume for single parents the challenge will also be child care, we will be in a similar case to Jersey.

Oh well, let’s wait and see.

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The LFT's are only being used to show there is some form of mitigation going on. Expensive window dressing 

Well from what I gather pupils are allowed 2 free LFT a week, that’s less than the UK but obviously better than nothing, that’s assuming parents/kids are actually doing the tests.