IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’ve not heard anything about a load of kids testing positive so I assumed Nom De Plume was just being facetious, because they don’t believe Delta to be any sort of threat.

Still time for the shit to hit the fan, if we see a spike parents will be expected to isolate (if not 2 jabs) you’d assume for single parents the challenge will also be child care, we will be in a similar case to Jersey.

Oh well, let’s wait and see.

There are definitely some positive kid cases.

Whether it's panic stations time is another thing.

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

There are definitely some positive kid cases.

Whether it's panic stations time is another thing.

Not in today’s cases there aren’t, but overall they make up the vast majority of cases, but have done since our last lockdown in March.

30 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'd like to see more effort made to force people to get vaccinated.  Apart from a very very small segment of people there is no logical or medical reason not to be vaccinated.  I know at least 6 people  (I'm avoiding 5 and the new 3 just so Pongo doesn't get bent out of shape)  who are not getting it.  No logical reasons for the stance either.  It's like talking to flat earthers.

Why would you want to force anybody to be vaccinated? That is another fundamental abuse of human rights and we have seen quite enough of that already. If some people do not wish to be vaccinated, that is their choice. They choose to run any risk there is of becoming ill. That is ok with me. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’ve not heard anything about a load of kids testing positive so I assumed Nom De Plume was just being facetious, because they don’t believe Delta to be any sort of threat.

Still time for the shit to hit the fan, if we see a spike parents will be expected to isolate (if not 2 jabs) you’d assume for single parents the challenge will also be child care, we will be in a similar case to Jersey.

Oh well, let’s wait and see.

I know if at least 6 kids who have either tested positive or have been told to isolate due to being a close contact in the past 2 days alone

8 minutes ago, joebean said:

Why would you want to force anybody to be vaccinated? That is another fundamental abuse of human rights and we have seen quite enough of that already. If some people do not wish to be vaccinated, that is their choice. They choose to run any risk there is of becoming ill. That is ok with me. 

They must also run the risk of constraints being applied to them and accept it is a function of freedom of choice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

It is own worst enemy. Rob Callister is in charge of Tourism and I also believe he is a trustee of Manx National Haemorrhage. Perhaps the cruise liner (when the ships actually arrive) visitors are going to visit the outside of the castle? It’s another quality advertisement for Visit IOM. 

Why would anyone pay good money to go 'in' there? 

It's a few crumbling walls and a load of grass. Knock a hole through the wall and let people in for free. At least people could walk their dogs around it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I know if at least 6 kids who have either tested positive or have been told to isolate due to being a close contact in the past 2 days alone

6 kids can be one family, it’s not exactly earth shattering numbers, a real spike is when it’s across all schools not just two schools.

Buses/bus drivers will be the next thing, we saw reduced services last time due to isolation requirements, not so bad during a lockdown but when we’re trying to carry on as normal it will be problematic, particularly for those who rely on those little shuttle buses/airport transfers.

20 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

6 kids can be one family, it’s not exactly earth shattering numbers, a real spike is when it’s across all schools not just two schools.

Buses/bus drivers will be the next thing, we saw reduced services last time due to isolation requirements, not so bad during a lockdown but when we’re trying to carry on as normal it will be problematic, particularly for those who rely on those little shuttle buses/airport transfers.

Never said it was earth shattering just pointing out kids are testing positive. 

1 hour ago, joebean said:

It isn't really just themselves though is it? If it was I would agree completely. 

There is no logical or sensible reason to avoid vaccination.   It's the sensible thing to do from a health perspective but equally for the impact on others.

I'm not hugely concerned about getting covid personally.  But I have chosen to be vaccinated because it's beneficial to others and the right thing to do.

I have several close relatives who won't have it.  Personally I would like to see life made as awkward as possible until they get their shit together.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Never said it was earth shattering just pointing out kids are testing positive. 

Like we all knew was going to happen.

Like happened earlier this year when testing only picked up a percentage of them.

Who cares? Why do they care?

10 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Wouldn't it be better for the environment to eat fat people?

Not really.

if we all are fat people, then we would all turn into fat people.

There would be no for people left to run the farms or generally look after the place.

We would need more processed food and would all have to drive everywhere.

The net environmental impact of eating fat people would be bad.

Better to throw them into the energy from waste plant.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

Like we all knew was going to happen.

Like happened earlier this year when testing only picked up a percentage of them.

Who cares? Why do they care?

I think it's more the case that kids are having to isolate this meaning parents off work. It's all well and good living with it but how can that be if kids miss school every time someone in their class tests positive? 

• Like 1