IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I think it's more the case that kids are having to isolate this meaning parents off work. It's all well and good living with it but how can that be if kids miss school every time someone in their class tests positive? 

Kids who have had covid will get a 90 day exemption from isolating.

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

There are definitely some positive kid cases.

Whether it's panic stations time is another thing.

Here's an experience from today: One of my siblings is currently locked in their house awaiting a test because a child is symptomatic. They rang 111 before 9am and were advised the clinicians were extremely busy with the phones already and they'd ring back. Eventually the clinician rang back just before 1 with no tests left until late tomorrow afternoon. Meanwhile their whole household is under a direction until at least Thursday when they expect the results back. This is what happened at the start of the last outbreak.

Oh and here's the latest hospitalisation stats from the UK https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare. Raigmore hospital in the Highlands is at code black due to covid rises.

If you think it's all over it's not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Here's an experience from today: One of my siblings is currently locked in their house awaiting a test because a child is symptomatic. They rang 111 before 9am and were advised the clinicians were extremely busy with the phones already and they'd ring back. Eventually the clinician rang back just before 1 with no tests left until late tomorrow afternoon. Meanwhile their whole household is under a direction until at least Thursday when they expect the results back. This is what happened at the start of the last outbreak.

Oh and here's the latest hospitalisation stats from the UK https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare. Raigmore hospital in the Highlands is at code black due to covid rises.

If you think it's all over it's not.

It's definitely not over.  What is over though is lockdowns. 

The nuances of it now are around coping with it .  Clearly locking down houses isn't practical.   

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I'm sure that's a big comfort to the 8-15% of them that'll develop long COVID.

Kids get ill all the time and often take weeks to recover properly.    

I'm unclear as to what you think the answer is? Covid isn't going away.  Are you suggesting a permanent state of lockdown?

• Like 2

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

It's definitely not over.  What is over though is lockdowns. 

The nuances of it now are around coping with it .  Clearly locking down houses isn't practical.   

If all the parents are in isolation then they may as well lock down everyone. Why should the childless people get all the fun?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I think it's more the case that kids are having to isolate this meaning parents off work. It's all well and good living with it but how can that be if kids miss school every time someone in their class tests positive? 

Boris has said double vaxed and under 18s won’t soon, so assume we will do the same.

45 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

Better to throw them into the energy from waste plant.

Not really. You would have to dry them first. Fat people (like everyone) have a high moisture content which gives them negative calorific value. Even with all the fat, you have to put energy in for combustion. 

Just sayin

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I am Out at link one and “suggests “ and “four week or more”

Can’t even be arsed reading the rest but there is no way that 8 to 15 percent of kids who are infected get long covid. I would be amazed if it was .1 percent, and even then that would depend on what you call long COVID.

Mark Cavendish is having a good week.  Did he have any effects over 4 weeks after the Epstein Virus he contracted and is he disabled for the rest of his life?

• Like 1