IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

“A freedoms point of view”

We live in a global world ffs.

Living on the South Island sheep shagging is no definition of freedoms.

Thats true. New Zealand is a much bigger world than the isle of man. They are much more self sufficient as well. Whist tourism is big, it's not their biggest earner. Surprisingly education for overseas students and milk powder are bigger. 

They have a good internal tourism industry as well.

I could spend 2 years there are not get bored. Could you say that for the IOM?

2 hours ago, oooohtony said:

Are the hospitals overflowing here or in the Channel Islands yet?

As I said weeks ago, we need to keep an eye on Jersey. As of last night, they are up to 632 active cases. They now have two in hospital. That will increase. 632 active cases means a lot of people isolating. At some point, that will affect the economy's ability to function. 

We are today at 52 cases. The two new ones are 15-19 age group. If it does rip through the schools just before they close for the summer, that is a lot of parents unable to work. 

It is not just about hospitals and death. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

They won't. It is too soon. See my above post. 

We both know 'they' won't. They need to be seen to be doing something, it's almost lip service.

In my opinion and the opinion of all my friends, an utter waste of resources, time and effort.

It is the Manx Government's way in just about everything they lay their grubby little paws on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

As I said weeks ago, we need to keep an eye on Jersey. As of last night, they are up to 632 active cases. They now have two in hospital. That will increase. 632 active cases means a lot of people isolating. At some point, that will affect the economy's ability to function. 

We are today at 52 cases. The two new ones are 15-19 age group. If it does rip through the schools just before they close for the summer, that is a lot of parents unable to work. 

It is not just about hospitals and death. 

Thankfully the isolation will also come to an end soon.

Already announced in Uk under 16s don’t isolate as close contact, or those double jabbed.

So, even isolation of positive cases will end eventually once they stop testing and just let it go.

That day can’t come soon enough to be honest.

Any indication anywhere if the 2 in hospital in Jersey are actually in because Olof COVID? I really don’t understand why they don’t make that clear.

I have just read that the airline industry has concerns about pilots suffering blood clots at high altitude after having had the vaccine. Oh deary me, who knows what to worry about next? Luckily I don't worry about much these days, except for the ridiculous price of everything!

26 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

We both know 'they' won't. They need to be seen to be doing something, it's almost lip service.

In my opinion and the opinion of all my friends, an utter waste of resources, time and effort.

It is the Manx Government's way in just about everything they lay their grubby little paws on.

But the thing they need to be seen to be doing is vaccinating. Not taking two week breaks, doing three day weeks or closing hubs at lunch time. 

With just over 50% of the population fully vaccinated, we are open for business against scientific and medical recommendations. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Here they are again.

The University of Warwick’s forecasts that delayed the UK’s reopening until the 19th July.

They are the same halfwits who’s words & graphs our politicians hang on to before strategising & controlling you.

Absolute clowns.

E3BF0C38-B28B-46B6-AFAF-0DC06392E544.jpeg

0AE6A30C-0932-4E4E-A1BC-801CA57C3872.jpeg

6ED2D2BB-03CE-4368-8784-7B9BB2A5E491.jpeg

7E08BB36-141F-4DF3-A362-4C276D1BEB7E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Here they are again.

The University of Warwick’s forecasts that delayed the UK’s reopening until the 19th July.

They are the same halfwits who’s words & graphs our politicians hang on to before strategising & controlling you.

Absolute clowns.

E3BF0C38-B28B-46B6-AFAF-0DC06392E544.jpeg

0AE6A30C-0932-4E4E-A1BC-801CA57C3872.jpeg

6ED2D2BB-03CE-4368-8784-7B9BB2A5E491.jpeg

7E08BB36-141F-4DF3-A362-4C276D1BEB7E.jpeg

It’s a good job we have a statistician like you on the case…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It’s a good job we have a statistician like you on the case…

I don’t claim to be one you buffoon. I only wish I could be on the advisory panel to deal out some home truths.

These are the idiots who are supplying our decision makers with the bullets.

If you can’t see the flaws in their guesswork (which is exactly what it is - utter, utter bollocks) then there is no hope for you or the other Covid freaks in our society.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cambon said:

With just over 50% of the population fully vaccinated, we are open for business against scientific and medical recommendations. 

Which ones?  Plenty of others saying it’s good to go now, and guess what.  No issues anywhere with a vaccine percentage equal or higher (or close to) ours that I am aware of. Despite restrictions being lifted all over the place.

22 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I don’t claim to be one you buffoon. I only wish I could be on the advisory panel to deal out some home truths.

These are the idiots who are supplying our decision makers with the bullets.

If you can’t see the flaws in their guesswork (which is exactly what it is - utter, utter bollocks) then there is no hope for you or the other Covid freaks in our society.

How can you be so sure it's guesswork, when you yourself point out that you aren't a statistician?

A layman interpreting figures without the epidemiological background is liable to interpret the figures very differently. An epidemiologist can highlight the shortcomings of the model, the assumptions that are made and the likelihoods that a particular model will come to fruition.

Note the difference between some graphs from Richard on Twitter, compared to a SAGE report on the same topic.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/993510/S1287_SPI-M-O_Summary_Roadmap_step_4.pdf