IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Do these Warwick Uni people take any of the antibody stats into account when interpolating any data?

You can likely find the paper describing the model, and it'll tell you exactly what assumptions they're making.

They link to some of the papers here: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/cross_fac/zeeman_institute/new_research/combatting_disease/covid19/

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You can likely find the paper describing the model, and it'll tell you exactly what assumptions they're making.

They link to some of the papers here: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/cross_fac/zeeman_institute/new_research/combatting_disease/covid19/

There are none so blind …..

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I have a question. When they announce cases pending investigation what happens after that? Is it just a backdoor way of announcing unknown sources cases or do they clear it up a couple of days later? It's a genuine question, i don't need reminding again that im wetting my underpants or living in a bunker. Thanks.

The number within active cases does seem to go down as well as up, so with some of them they do seem to find a source (or not).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I could spend 2 years there are not get bored. Could you say that for the IOM?

Thanks to work and Covid I will soon (like many) have spent 18 months here without leaving. 2 years is not going to feel so much different. The first time in decades. I certainly haven't got bored. If anything my love and appreciation of the island has grown. And I've lived and travelled all over the world.

My dad told me years ago that only very dull people ever get bored anywhere.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Your dad should get out more , maybe you too. I agree the Island had advantages but this idea that it is Shangri-la is just silly. It’s nice but so many places are so much better.

Agree.  Anyone who has spent two years stuck here and doesn’t miss the hustle and bustle of a city, decent food, or even the peace and quiet of some spectacular scenery needs to get off island more.

There isn’t a single thing here that can’t be bettered within a two hundred mile radius, never mind the whole of Britain or the World.

(possible exception- the Bonnag championship)

Edited by oooohtony
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Anyone said:

so many places are so much better.

I've seen much of the world. And I've lived in lots of different places.

There is no better, just different.

But if you don't like it, you'd be dumb not to move somewhere else. Today we can all work anywhere thanks to the internet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hustle & bustle ? I’ve just spent a weekend in London. Leicester Square and Covent Garden were like ghost towns , everyone scared away. Having said that no problem getting a table at the Ivy. Soho was busier in the evening but not by much but mainly youngsters. I avoided them as they are all Typhoid Marys. So just went to the local Derby & Joan club. That was a joke.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

I've seen much of the world. And I've lived in lots of different places.

There is no better, just different.

But if you don't like it, you'd be dumb not to move somewhere else. Today we can all work anywhere thanks to the internet.

Doubt you’ll see much else of it ensconced in your bunker.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Why would you imagine that? Within a couple of years or so this will all be over. Meanwhile, no rush.

Unless you catch killer COVID in the meantime.

Game Over

Edited by oooohtony
  • Haha 1