IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Anyone clarify an argument for me

1. I have had 2+2 so fully vaccinated.
  2. If I am identified as a close contact with someone who tests positive in my household then;
  3. I get an order to isolate for 21 days/ 14 days with tests.
  4. The fact that I am 2+2 makes no difference

That's how I read it but everyone in the pub telling me I don't need to isolate if fully vaccinated. I can't see that anywhere

Edited by Happier diner

34 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

2. If I am identified as a close contact with someone who tests positive in my household then;

That's how I read it but everyone in the pub telling me I don't need to isolate if fully vaccinated. I can't see that anywhere

I’m told (via someone who called 111) that you don’t need to but they need to update their guidance notes.

It’s wishy washy as fuck at the moment & there are literally dozens of (asymptomatic) kids infected or isolating right now. Parents are going about their business as normal as are siblings.

It’s a complete mess which is entirely preventable by ending testing.

THAT simple.

Why are we continuing to test, genuine question?

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m told (via someone who called 111) that you don’t need to but they need to update their guidance notes.

It’s wishy washy as fuck at the moment & there are literally dozens of kids infected or isolating right now. Parents are going about their business as normal as are siblings.

THAT simple.

But why stop there?  We can eliminate hospitalisation simply by closing the Hospital! 

And if we stop registering deaths, that means everyone will live forever!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It’s wishy washy as fuck at the moment & there are literally dozens of (asymptomatic) kids infected or isolating right now. Parents are going about their business as normal as are siblings.

THAT simple.

Why are we continuing to test, genuine question?

The rules in the UK seem very clear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-54239922

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

That's incorrect.

You can come and go as you please.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But why stop there?  We can eliminate hospitalisation simply by closing the Hospital! 

I’d expect better from you. Me … no, but you, yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Granny isn't dead, she's pining for the fjords!

The smell? She just needs a bath, and she's never said much since she went a funny colour anyway.

34 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's incorrect.

You can come and go as you please.

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about coming and going

Say, a student returns to my house. He is not fully vaccinated. He isolates for 24hrs (within the household) then goes for a test. The test returns positive. We both then have to isolate for 2 weeks and get 2 negative tests.

That's how I read it

Booking your Covid-19 test

Once you have completed your landing form you will receive an email with a reference number and a link to pre-book your COVID-19 test. Alternatively you will be able to book by calling the 111 team (8am-8pm 7 days a week), or if dialling from off-Island or using a UK mobile please call +44 1624 822111.

Travellers will ordinarily be able to get results between 24 - 48 hours from the point of arrival, depending on the particular arrival time and within 24 hours of a booked test.

Isolation

Travellers on this pathway may self-isolate in a household with people who have not travelled, so long as the traveller agrees to undergo testing for COVID-19. Members of the traveller’s household do not need to isolate unless the traveller returns a positive test. Those isolating should not mix with other members of the household.

If you display symptoms you must stay at home, call 111 and follow their instructions.

Until you receive the results of your test (within 24-48 hours of the test) you must adhere to the Self Isolation rules

Release

Once you have completed your self-isolation period there is no restriction preventing you from returning to work – however, each traveller should discuss this with their employer to make return to work decisions suitable to the business.

While you are able to resume normal activities after you receive your first negative test, personal vigilance is encouraged for 10 days after arrival. Travellers who have spent time in an area with higher case rates do carry an inherently higher risk of infection, so personal choices you make can affect our whole Island. Be safe, be smart and be kind. This means considering hands, face, space and ventilation in settings where there might be higher risk of transmission, such as when coming into close contact or attending crowded places.

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about coming and going

Say, a student returns to my house. He is not fully vaccinated. He isolates for 24hrs (within the household) then goes for a test. The test returns positive. We both then have to isolate for 2 weeks and get 2 negative tests.

That's how I read it

Booking your Covid-19 test

Once you have completed your landing form you will receive an email with a reference number and a link to pre-book your COVID-19 test. Alternatively you will be able to book by calling the 111 team (8am-8pm 7 days a week), or if dialling from off-Island or using a UK mobile please call +44 1624 822111.

Travellers will ordinarily be able to get results between 24 - 48 hours from the point of arrival, depending on the particular arrival time and within 24 hours of a booked test.

Isolation

Travellers on this pathway may self-isolate in a household with people who have not travelled, so long as the traveller agrees to undergo testing for COVID-19. Members of the traveller’s household do not need to isolate unless the traveller returns a positive test. Those isolating should not mix with other members of the household.

If you display symptoms you must stay at home, call 111 and follow their instructions.

Until you receive the results of your test (within 24-48 hours of the test) you must adhere to the Self Isolation rules

Release

Once you have completed your self-isolation period there is no restriction preventing you from returning to work – however, each traveller should discuss this with their employer to make return to work decisions suitable to the business.

While you are able to resume normal activities after you receive your first negative test, personal vigilance is encouraged for 10 days after arrival. Travellers who have spent time in an area with higher case rates do carry an inherently higher risk of infection, so personal choices you make can affect our whole Island. Be safe, be smart and be kind. This means considering hands, face, space and ventilation in settings where there might be higher risk of transmission, such as when coming into close contact or attending crowded places.

Apologies, I thought you simply meant if someone in your house tested positive.