IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Apologies, I thought you simply meant if someone in your house tested positive.

That's OK. I have worked it out

Vaccination Exemption

A person who has received the full course of vaccination - currently 2 injections - followed by 14 clear days since the second injection will not have to self-isolate where:

• They have been identified as a high risk contact of a positive case, or
  • Where a member of their household returns a positive test result

You will be asked to provide evidence of your vaccination status when contacted by COVID-111 or Contact Tracing.

The vaccination exemption does not apply to a person who develops COVID-19 symptoms or who returns a positive test result.

45 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Trump agrees with you, but he is, well, Donald Trump.

He isn't exactly known for his sound policy decisions.

I am nothing like Donald Trump other than being a bit Orange, ketwig on the top & slightly right of centre.

Oh, hang on ….

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1

11 people die every minute from extreme hunger around the world & have done so for many, many years.

Approximately 7 people die per minute currently through the Covid pandemic.

There is no vaccine for hunger, it can’t be transmitted.

Have a great weekend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What's your view on my argument?

Well it wasn't really an argument, was it?  More a cry for help.  Or of despair.

I'm afraid I've long since given up trying to understand what the actual regulations surrounding isolation, testing and quarantine say, never mind whether they make any sense.  They were a bit incoherent to start with and have just got worse as the Manx government tried to mirror the ever-more nonsensical decisions of the UK. 

It's not that they're over-lax or unnecessarily restrictive, it's that they frequently manage to be both at the same time.  And so badly presented that no one understands them and ends up doing whatever they want.  The appropriate regulations (if they even exist) will probably be so badly drafted that they will be unusable, so there will be no comeback.

The most depressing thing about the last 18 months or so has been the way in which hardly anyone seems to have learnt anything.  Rather than accepting some failures are inevitable and learning from them, they just pretend they never happened and repeat the same mistakes even more enthusiastically.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

For all parents (such as I).

0.005 of all Covid deaths have been amongst under 18’s.

There is absolutely no need to have your child vaccinated.

I took mine to enable travel which still looks like one big lie.

And 100% of the people having to take time off work to look after isolating children, affecting the economy are adults, regardless of whether they have been vaccinated or not. 

• Like 3

No Covishield vaccines administered in the Isle of Man

"Isle of Man residents who have received the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine are being reassured that no doses branded Covishield have been administered on the Island.

Covishield – manufactured by the Serum Institute of India – has not been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).  It led to concerns that anyone who had received the Covishield vaccine would not be able to travel to the EU free from testing and isolation restrictions, despite being fully vaccinated."

I'm pretty sure that my first dose was from one of the listed batches......

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kevster said:

No Covishield vaccines administered in the Isle of Man

"Isle of Man residents who have received the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine are being reassured that no doses branded Covishield have been administered on the Island.

Covishield – manufactured by the Serum Institute of India – has not been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).  It led to concerns that anyone who had received the Covishield vaccine would not be able to travel to the EU free from testing and isolation restrictions, despite being fully vaccinated."

I'm pretty sure that my first dose was from one of the listed batches......

Me too. Completely contradicts what the media said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Let us know what he comes back with please.

Typical IOM Civil Service who do not fully check the implications of a Government Statement before it is issued. What about those vaccinated with these non-approved batch numbers should have been considered. 

45 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Me too. Completely contradicts what the media said.

It's not the media's fault, they are merely quoting from what the IOM Government press release says.

Technically they may be correct because it says "no doses branded Covishield have been administered on the Island" which will be true as they will have been branded the same as all the other AZ vaccines received.  But it's not the name on the box that is the problem, but where they were made.  So they are providing reassurance about something that wasn't required.

It's true that, based on this BBC piece from six days ago, that the UK DoH claimed the 'three SII batch numbers [...] were being "assessed and are treated as Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca"'.  And  "All AstraZeneca vaccines given in the UK are the same product and appear on the NHS Covid Pass as Vaxzevria. The European Medicines Agency has authorised this vaccine and we're confident travel will not be affected."

But of course they can't dictate to the EU what the EU will or won't accept and the system doesn't seem to be working yet anyway, though individual EU counties may well accept them, just as they are accepting Russian or Chinese vaccines.