IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

Jason Moorhouse MHK is asking Tynwald to create, fund and maintain a Covid memorial Garden in the South of the Island according to the 58 item Order Paper for next weeks Tynwald.

Not clear why the South but could that be due to Abbotswood being in his neck of the woods ? 

He's the MHK for Arbory, Malew and Castletown...

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

Jason Moorhouse MHK is asking Tynwald to create, fund and maintain a Covid memorial Garden in the South of the Island according to the 58 item Order Paper for next weeks Tynwald.

Not clear why the South but could that be due to Abbotswood being in his neck of the woods ? 

Master of village parish pump politics. Ridiculous, and shows how desperately we need this election.

Perhaps another statue? With our Government’s track record of commissioning projects it will be over budget and run late to time.

Commemoration by all means. Perhaps a National Church Service led by the Bishop - surely he is good at leading a church service? 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He's the MHK for Arbory, Malew and Castletown...

Correct. But what about other people who have lost family and friends around the island, and not just here. 

In my view this is too early. We are not completely done with it yet.

This will of course get Moorhouse the headlines. (I will leave that there)

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Commemoration by all means. Perhaps a National Church Service led by the Bishop

Good suggestion. Let's see what Tynwald comes up with / approves.

Public consultation?

Edited by Apple
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Apple said:

Correct. But what about other people who have lost family and friends around the island, and not just here. 

In my view this is too early. We are not completely done with it yet.

This will of course get Moorhouse the headlines. (I will leave that there)

Good suggestion. Let's see what Tynwald comes up with / approves.

Public consultation?

Why has Tynpotwald got to do with anything. Can nothing get arranged without those arseholes interfering. Sticking their sticky beaks in and objecting here and there. No doubt the MHK for Onchan Rob Callister will want want a memorial in Onchan? Each jockeying to show their constituents that they care.  If it’s a National issue then it should be with the war memorial at St John’s.

A suggestion- perhaps the newspapers here could get involved and chip in some funds to start the ball rolling? The Victorians used to honour the dead and dogooders with memorials paid for by public subscription. Maybe we should do that? 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What about a memorial for those who have missed treatment during covid, or experienced and succumbed to mental health issues or domestic violence?

Pitiful bandwagoning. 

They are all going to be bandwagonning and grandstanding.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Well, the UK Government are positioning themselves to anticipate for a fourth wave come Autumn...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/vaccine-passports-hospitality-coronavirus-restrictions-b1881618.html

Cases are rapidly rising each day in the UK now and that’s before they lift all restrictions, what I don’t understand is why ours numbers aren’t doing the same?

24 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Cases are rapidly rising each day in the UK now and that’s before they lift all restrictions, what I don’t understand is why ours numbers aren’t doing the same?

Because we're not doing as much testing as the UK. If we done the same percentage of testing we find more cases