IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If I lived in Assfords constituency I'd be buying a shredder and looking forward to him knocking on the door.

I am in his constituency, have a shredder, and am, indeed, looking forward to him knocking on my door. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I am in his constituency,

Please do the right thing come the election......please.....

Edited by Apple

On 7/9/2021 at 3:45 PM, Happier diner said:

There is still a major inconsistency in the advice on the Gov website

I expect it will be sorted soon.

Basically if you have 2+2 you do not need to isolate if there has been a close contact ....unless the test and trace tell you to. This is despite the vaccine exemption stating that you are exeempt

Yes indeed. There is nothing in it for anyone to be so honest as to go and have a test.

Just for information. This contradiction has been resolved.

If a person in your household tests positive, those fully vaccinated do not need to isolate and can stay in the house. 

12 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I still don't understand the logic. Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch it or carry it............I think?

Some questions being raised about how long and at what level the vaccination protection lasts.

Hence the talk of possible "boosters" in future.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I still don't understand the logic. Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch it or carry it............I think?

The logic is.....that being vaccinated changes it from an almost certainty that you will catch it, to a possibility that you could catch it and an even smaller chance that you would infect others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Just for information. This contradiction has been resolved.

If a person in your household tests positive, those fully vaccinated do not need to isolate and can stay in the house. 

It hasn’t been resolved? I know someone that has just tested positive on day 6, they live with someone else 2+2 and the whole household has been been told to isolate regardless. 

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It hasn’t been resolved? I know someone that has just tested positive on day 6, they live with someone else 2+2 and the whole household has been been told to isolate regardless. 

I know someone in the same position  and the opposite is the case with those vaccinated 2 plus 2.

Given there are 2476 pages to this thread and I really am not reading each one....do you think we are really truly done with lockdowns. Or do you think there will be another one at some point given the rapid rising number of cases from known and unknown sources?.