IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Depends on length of visit.  If about 14 days or more, you would expect positive tests to match current UK prevalence.  If shorter stays, less than that, approaching zero for those who’ve been across for only a day or two (assuming they didn’t go with it)

That's true but I was thinking more of visitors from the UK or long-stays (such as students).  Residents returning from shorter breaks will be lower risk, not just because of what you mention but because many still seem to be very cautious when they are across.

Again though , all this confusion about what you can and cannot do. Mind blowing that once again the powers that be cant get it right. Facebook is full of  irregularities with what they are getting told depending on who they ring and even who they speak to. Government comms once again useless .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Again though , all this confusion about what you can and cannot do. Mind blowing that once again the powers that be cant get it right. Facebook is full of iregualities with what they are getting told depending on who they ring and even who they speak to. Government comms once again useless .  

To add to my previous comment, they tested negative day 1 and the 2+2 partner was allowed out no problem, then the test on day 6 was positive and they they’ve been told the household has to isolate regardless of vaccination status, but they aren’t required to have a further test? They’ve seen the mixed comments on Facebook and are in the process of speaking to 111 again.

The positive case has had 1 vaccine, absolutely no symptoms whatsoever and is quite pissed off that she has to isolate while 2+2 can travel freely without any tests, can only see that getting worse while more people are being forced to isolate.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

To add to my previous comment, they tested negative day 1 and the 2+2 partner was allowed out no problem, then the test on day 6 was positive and they they’ve been told the household has to isolate regardless of vaccination status, but they aren’t required to have a further test? They’ve seen the mixed comments on Facebook and are in the process of speaking to 111 again.

The positive case has had 1 vaccine, absolutely no symptoms whatsoever and is quite pissed off that she has to isolate while 2+2 can travel freely without any tests, can only see that getting worse while more people are being forced to isolate.

I know of a similar situation.

They're going to be in a perpetual state of isolation.  Apart from the 2 plus 2 person who is free to come and go.  

33 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I know of a similar situation.

They're going to be in a perpetual state of isolation.  Apart from the 2 plus 2 person who is free to come and go.  

They missed their full vaccination status by 3 weeks, I know it’s been done this way to steer people towards vaccination, but it’s dangerous territory. Will the likes of businesses look towards employing vaccinated staff over unvaccinated staff just so they aren’t forced to isolate when identified as close contacts? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

It's already happening. 

I’m not surprised, I see the Fynoderee distillery in Ramsey has been forced to  temporarily close due to a number of staff being forced to isolate and are awaiting test results, had all staff been double vaccinated they would’ve been allowed to remain open or at least they should’ve been able to if the direction notice is to be believed.

If I was to own a business in hospitality or anything involving face to face contact I’d only be employing double vax, sod being repeatedly forced to close at short notice due to a few unvaccinated employees, it would cost a fortune and ultimately be damaging for business.

5 hours ago, wrighty said:

This is similar to my current situation.  I traveled back from UK with my semi-vaccinated son.  I'm vaxxed so just got on with it, no tests, he tested negative on day 1.  If he tests positive on Tuesday coming then my understanding is that he will then have to isolate, but I just carry on as normal.  He's been out and about for a few days already, when presumably he would have been maximally infectious (if positive - this is hypothetical).

I'm not sure I understand the point of the 6 day testing - it's a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted isn't it?  Same as you checking in to a hotel for a couple of days.  What's the point, unless of course you fancy a couple of nights away from the house?

The next step is what is the point of day 1 testing? We've repeatedly been told that it misses most infections (assuming exposure was on or just before the day of travel) so why bother at all? I don't think it'll be very long before we relax a bit further, and scrap testing altogether except for those that are symptomatic.  The new normal for me should be stay off work/school if ill, wear masks in shops and on the bus if symptomatic and you have to go out, but otherwise just get on with it. 

I totally agree. Either we are getting on with it now nearly all vulnerable are double jabbed, or we may as well close the borders. The situation is currently stupid! 

What is the point in all this faff to get back to the island? Crazy! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pieman said:

Cheers sadly that’s the earliest boat. I don’t think the times and dates are going to work out, she’s really upset by it all poor thing. 
we’ve been visiting the IMO on bike together since she was 7, for TT but also out of Race season too.  I’m worried we may have made our last trip 2 years ago, I’m sure at some point soon she won’t want to be going to the IOM on motorbike with her old man! 
cheers for the advice on landing forms, etc.  It’s a pricey trip for what was going to be 36 hours out and about  only on the Island, but sounds like we won’t even get that now!
I presume whilst waiting for test and test result, one is confined to hotel room quarantine style?  

You said your arrival time was around 2:00PM. What if you goy the 02:15 boat and arriv d at 05:45. Test at 09:00. Results late the same day. At least gives you a good bit of time to enjoy the Island. 

37 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’m not surprised, I see the Fynoderee distillery in Ramsey has been forced to  temporarily close due to a number of staff being forced to isolate and are awaiting test results, had all staff been double vaccinated they would’ve been allowed to remain open or at least they should’ve been able to if the direction notice is to be believed.

If I was to own a business in hospitality or anything involving face to face contact I’d only be employing double vax, sod being repeatedly forced to close at short notice due to a few unvaccinated employees, it would cost a fortune and ultimately be damaging for business.

There very little reason for people not to be vaccinated.   It's selfish not to.

I see there was some nutter presented a petition on Tynwald Day about none vaccinated people being treated differently to vaccinated people in relation to isolation etc.  Freedom of choice she was banging on about.

Yet the same woman was vehemently against the Abortion Bill recently progressed.  It seems she is pro Freedom of Choice.  Except when it doesn't suit.

15 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

There very little reason for people not to be vaccinated.   It's selfish not to.

I see there was some nutter presented a petition on Tynwald Day about none vaccinated people being treated differently to vaccinated people in relation to isolation etc.  Freedom of choice she was banging on about.

Yet the same woman was vehemently against the Abortion Bill recently progressed.  It seems she is pro Freedom of Choice.  Except when it doesn't suit.

She was also the same person who breastded her child in the middle of the toddler pool in Peel swimming baths and sued them when she was asked to move to the seats at the side.

41 minutes ago, Cambon said:

You said your arrival time was around 2:00PM. What if you goy the 02:15 boat and arriv d at 05:45. Test at 09:00. Results late the same day. At least gives you a good bit of time to enjoy the Island. 

Is that not Manannan coming from Ireland? Limits the options if so.