IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Because a LOTTT of people testing positive who were watching footie last Weds night. I know of 5 who have been told they are linked to there.

Yep. Loads of lads in there tested positive,  they also went to 1886 after...there will be nowhere open soon.

Unless all your staff are 2 plus 2 then you can't survive.  By my reckoning most of the under 50s aren't 2 plus 2 yet.

The Island could be indirectly and unofficially locked down by the weekend if this mentality carries on. As mentioned above 1886 must be in the firing line and they are quite good at being sensible and not risking staff and customers. I live a quiet life and not worried tbh and had both jabs but if it starts to affect businesses again by over zealous track and trace then we are in trouble and it could be a final nail in many businesses. But never mind as they can find 3 million for an amenity site and just wait till the government balance sheet comes out later this week . They can just up taxes or the likes but businesses are royally Fucked .

8 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Yup. How Rishi Sunak must wish he had lord alfies job, nobody even asks him, it's quite bizarre, theres nobody being shielded as much as the chief minister elect right now.

Or the current chief minister? He's still getting paid right?

41 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Because a LOTTT of people testing positive who were watching footie last Weds night. I know of 5 who have been told they are linked to there.

The 1000 people watching the football at the Nunnery yesterday is going to be an interesting one to watch. But hey it's all about "personal choices".

1 hour ago, germann said:

My second immunisation appeared on my immunisation record on the NHS app about a week after it had reached the Patient Access system. Still waiting for it to show up on the covid 19 part.

I am currently in Heathrow en route to IOM from an Amber listed country (Lebanon). Check in this morning at Beirut airport demanded a UK Passenger Locator Form QR code (done), recent PCR test in Beirut (done), proof of vaccine & UK test to release registration (the 2 PCR tests on arrival. 

Needless to say it was VERY difficult to get a boarding card with the dog eared vaccination certificate card, a couple of badly formatted emails from 111 with the Manx PCR test to release swab dates, and, due to increasing desperation, my IOM driving licence 'we're not the same as the UK, loook! 🤪'

I fear a lot of us are going to be stranded in far away places this summer without a fully joined up UK-IOM system in place asap. Airlines are understandably nervous and confused by the ever moving goal posts, and Ashford & co doing fuck all about it isn't helping.

There is a boat in the morning, if you actually manage to get here ...........................:-)

1 hour ago, germann said:

My second immunisation appeared on my immunisation record on the NHS app about a week after it had reached the Patient Access system. Still waiting for it to show up on the covid 19 part.

I am currently in Heathrow en route to IOM from an Amber listed country (Lebanon). Check in this morning at Beirut airport demanded a UK Passenger Locator Form QR code (done), recent PCR test in Beirut (done), proof of vaccine & UK test to release registration (the 2 PCR tests on arrival. 

Needless to say it was VERY difficult to get a boarding card with the dog eared vaccination certificate card, a couple of badly formatted emails from 111 with the Manx PCR test to release swab dates, and, due to increasing desperation, my IOM driving licence 'we're not the same as the UK, loook! 🤪'

I fear a lot of us are going to be stranded in far away places this summer without a fully joined up UK-IOM system in place asap. Airlines are understandably nervous and confused by the ever moving goal posts, and Ashford & co doing fuck all about it isn't helping.

There is a boat in the morning, if you actually manage to get here ...........................:-)

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The bigger concern in my view is testing positive and being stranded abroad.  That is going to be happening. A lot.  Then what happens?

Imagine in somewhere like the US?  You could see them carting you off to some sort of penitentiary. 

Like the Comis?

48 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Bottom line is that this island is run by incompetents.

As is often said, a village council.

Unfortunately they get elected to make decisions way beyond their capabilities and wont take advice because they were elected and therefore their egos wont let them.

Speaking about which...Why did they not wait till the end of the school term before opening the borders? Children's education has been massively disrupted by the lockdowns yet instead of giving them the last six weeks without the risk of COVID they went gung-ho with the opening. Not unsurprisingly the unvaccinated children are getting ill.

The reason was obviously pressure from tourist operators. The coach loads of tourists didn't magically turn up on day one.

The excuse used was it was for the hospitality industry. Which is the industry currently being closed down by test and trace because it's manned by under 30's who aren't fully vaccinated.

A magic eight ball would be able to write more successful policy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Speaking about which...Why did they not wait till the end of the school term before opening the borders? Children's education has been massively disrupted by the lockdowns yet instead of giving them the last six weeks without the risk of COVID they went gung-ho with the opening. Not unsurprisingly the unvaccinated children are getting ill.

The reason was obviously pressure from tourist operators. The coach loads of tourists didn't magically turn up on day one.

The excuse used was it was for the hospitality industry. Which is the industry currently being closed down by test and trace because it's manned by under 30's who aren't fully vaccinated.

A magic eight ball would be able to write more successful policy.

Perhaps so all our hotels didn't go out of business. 

22 hours ago, Pieman said:

Yeah, heysham late is a bit tricky, it’s a long way from home and we are on bike too, not easy doing near 300 mile in the early hours with a teenager on the back who’s knackered! 

We will try steam packet to see if we could try to switch to evening boat night before, but it will be tight, 225 miles in 3.5hours….. and hotel said today thAt she has to have test prior to check in, so not sure how that works if on the late boat. 
need to make calls tomorrow. 
When we booked it last week, 111 your end was very encouraging about how it would work, lots of capacity etc. Then today, the lady I spoke to basically said ‘no chance’. 
It seems to depend who you speak to, but with such conflicting info and time being so tight, I’m not sure it’s going to work out. 

Well I’m not sure why I bothered in the end! For whatever reason, we are just being passed Pilar to post, and to cap it all, having altered my ferry today, changed all work plans so as to arrive a calendar day earlier (but only 12 hours earlier), did the landing cards as instructed, got the go ahead to call 111 to book a test, joined a queue but as ‘number 1’. After a few mins, I go back to the 111 start, ie in emergency call 999, so do the same option 2, number 1 in queue, same again after a few mins……

this repeated itself until at 758 pm, I go back to the beginning message and then get a new message saying ‘closed’! Wtf! 
so we go though all the websites to see if there is an online option, and the landing card travel instructions say once you’ve done the landing card for a minor, you will get an email with a link to book an online test. 
So I go to the email, open it, and there is no link, just the phone number…..which is now closed. 

FFS! The hours spent trying to sort this out! We keep getting told different things and it all seems to be wrong. 
We have just spent another 120 quid on hotel for one night we don’t need to stay, just to start the clock on the testing booking, and have lost all that time anyway now! It’s now nudging 900 quid to get to the IOM for what if we are lucky will be one full day and two half days.  😂

Why do they make it so bloody difficult? If I cannot get this test booked first thing, I’m cancelling the lot and will just count my losses.  
So frustrating.  

• Sad 3