IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Trueblood said:

Just pointing out that if the Isle of Man Government is planning for a second wave (which it is) in October in seems highly unlikely and illogical that they will ease restrictions in September

Everybody has plans in place for another outbreak, it doesn't mean they expect one ! If governments didn't have contingency plans then everyone would complain.

2 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Now there’s a real conspiracy theory if ever there was one. 

To be honest I don’t follow you I only follow re posts about you on here or things that others re-tweet. Who is trolling you either? It was just an observation from some of the re posts and re-tweets I’ve seen of your content. You see that’s the thing about social media you often create impressions of yourself that don’t come across to others in the same way as you meant. A few people have mentioned costs above and if in that response you’re saying that you’re running yourself ragged trying to do stuff on the cheap for government and that’s perhaps one of the reasons why we aren’t testing as many people as other islands seem to be doing then I’d say that’s information that might be material to others wondering why we’re still taking the low volume self service approach that we seem to be taking when Jersey seem to be blitzing it and Guernsey is testing a significant amount more too. 

The fact I'm involved is not the reason we're testing the numbers we are; I used to work in a DNA testing lab capable of 20k tests per week and it's that know-how the government are benefiting from currently. The testing setup is providing much more capacity than is currently being used. I don't get to decide who gets tested, or when, I just make sure we have the capacity to test whoever the medics decide. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You have a remarkably similar use of language to one of the blocked accounts there, are you sure you aren't telling fibs?

Which language specifically given that I have only made a few posts above in the last few weeks as I was banned for suggesting that many people posting fear and spreading general panic and false information in relation to Covid are bordering on being obsessive lunatics. That doesn’t seem to be a popular view on here which seems to prefer posts being about doom and gloom so we all might finally believe we’re going to die if the borders open up again. So no not on my follow list at all. The messiah comments come from seeing how many people re-share those Tweets like they’re gospel. 

Edited by Mr Newbie

2 minutes ago, rachomics said:

The fact I'm involved is not the reason we're testing the numbers we are; I used to work in a DNA testing lab capable of 20k tests per week and it's that know-how the government are benefiting from currently. The testing setup is providing much more capacity than is currently being used. I don't get to decide who gets tested, or when, I just make sure we have the capacity to test whoever the medics decide. 

Thanks for clarifying. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I was banned for suggesting that many people posting fear and spreading general panic and false information in relation to Covid are bordering on being obsessive lunatics. That doesn’t seem to be a popular view on here

It seems unlikely that you would have been banned for stating your personal opinion in that manner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pongo said:

It seems unlikely that you would have been banned for stating your personal opinion in that manner.

You can see every post I’ve made from my feed. I think suggesting some posters might be Covid mentalists when they’ve posted a load of scaremongering rubbish to deliberately try to twist arguments seems to be grounds enough. We really do seem to prefer the general doom and gloom spreading here. Let’s just shut the borders for a few years and hope we don’t have to resort to cannibalism in the meantime. I’m coming round to that idea as it’s been force fed to me so many times now. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Which language specifically given that I have only made a few posts above in the last few weeks as I was banned for suggesting that many people posting fear and spreading general panic and false information in relation to Covid are bordering on being obsessive lunatics. That doesn’t seem to be a popular view on here which seems to prefer posts being about doom and gloom so we all might finally believe we’re going to die if the borders open up again. So no not on my follow list at all. The messiah comments come from seeing how many people re-share those Tweets like they’re gospel. 

You were suspended, first for trolling, gratuitous insults and disparaging remarks. On your return you started a further tirade of abusive behaviour. Second suspension followed, as night follows day.

You can’t help yourself. You’ve started again. You’ve had lots of rope given to you. You seem very good at making your own nooses. I’m ready to act as hangman.

Gentle reminder. You’re on your final warning. Grow up. This is an official moderation warning. It’s final and does not require any answer or challenge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Newbie said:

But that’s a lie John my past posts and the specific content of them is very clear. There is little to no abusive behaviour as you well know just robustly disagreeing with a constant line being spun by a hardcore of posters on here that is nothing less than scaremongering and spreading fake news. Others are equally able to see what I have posted. The content is neither trolling, abusive, or disparaging and certainly compared to many members of this forum who are genuinely abusive that’s just nonsense. You know that too. You seem to be very good at spinning webs of lies on this forum in relation to posters you do not agree with. You even seem to contribute to threads mocking posters and suggesting that they have mental health issues (TJ etc) which is quite low behaviour especially during a period of time when it’s acknowledged that many people are struggling to cope. So no, sorry. You can guess where you can stick your forum. There’s plenty of room I hear. 

As flounces go, not the best we've seen on here...

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, finlo said:

Big Howie waving from from his Airingy flight when he's off on his next holibobs!

In UK MPs returning to commons today from summer recess as lots to discuss .guernsey met 18/08 and Jersey meeting 8/09.

i think our lot have another 6/7 weeks before they return, time for a few more trips to Guernsey!

Edited by Banker
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

You can see every post I’ve made from my feed. I think suggesting some posters might be Covid mentalists when they’ve posted a load of scaremongering rubbish to deliberately try to twist arguments seems to be grounds enough. We really do seem to prefer the general doom and gloom spreading here. Let’s just shut the borders for a few years and hope we don’t have to resort to cannibalism in the meantime. I’m coming round to that idea as it’s been force fed to me so many times now. 

I think the problem is that you sometimes use strong adjectives in putting down people who you disagree with? John gave me a short ban for using an old colloquialism for Ballamona in a joking way, even though Ballamona is no longer the mental health facility. Suggesting mental health issues, for example, now seems to be a no no, understandably. I'm becoming a dinosaur by the day! 

I guess using more suitable adjectives would be my suggestion, I always try to do this, and not rise to the baiting. I've never taken pleasure in making others uncomfortable but there are those who do, it makes them feel important! :)  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think the problem is that you sometimes use strong adjectives in putting down people who you disagree with? John gave me a short ban for using an old colloquialism for Ballamona in a joking way, even though Ballamona is no longer the mental health facility. Suggesting mental health issues, for example, now seems to be a no no, understandably. I'm becoming a dinosaur by the day! 

I guess using more suitable adjectives would be my suggestion, I always try to do this, and not rise to the baiting. I've never taken pleasure in making others uncomfortable but there are those who do, it makes them feel important! :)  

He banned me for 24hrs as well for using the l-b word. I am still dumbfounded by that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NoTail said:

He banned me for 24hrs as well for using the l-b word. I am still dumbfounded by that.

I'm pretty good at cryptic crosswords etc, but I can't work out what that is.  Any further clues? Is there a list of banned words somewhere we need to avoid?