IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Shortened version just released .

NEWS RELEASE - 12 July 2021 

Isle of Man residents requiring proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status for international travel, in the next fortnight only, can now request a letter from Manx Care.

The measure has been put in place as a temporary solution whilst the UK NHS continues its work to make the NHS COVID Pass available to Isle of Man residents via the NHS app.

Minister for Health and Social Care, David Ashford MHK, said: “With COVID-19 vaccinations progressing around the globe, many countries are now putting in place measures to waive testing and isolation for fully vaccinated travellers.  There is, however, no agreed international system for proof of vaccination status and the rules around how this will work are still emerging and vary from country to country.

“I know this uncertainty can be frustrating, especially as we adjust to live with the virus and return to some sense of normality, including international travel.”

The Minister continued: “Work to enable access to the UK’s NHS COVID Pass scheme for Isle of Man residents is progressing.  This will enable Isle of Man residents to use the NHS app to show proof of their vaccination status when travelling internationally in the same way as UK residents.

“Issuing letters as proof of a person’s vaccination status is a short term, interim solution whilst we await full access to the NHS app.  This is a manual process and so letters are only available to those who are travelling outside of the UK in the next two weeks. 

18 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Can you prove that they aren’t going to go on and become infectious in the next few days? 

If you can, you’ll have solved the pandemic. 

Why would anyone need to prove that?

The reality is we are supposed to be living with covid.   We are not really doing that if the answer to a positive covid test is to shut down every venue they've been to.

It seems to me that this is unrealistic for all concerned.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Anyone said:

So we are worried about over population and the pollution that brings. So that means a pandemic that takes a few millions of us out , thus solving the over population and pollution issue is a bad thing? Or am I missing something.

Do you actually spend time putting those sentences together or do you just open your arse and see what drops out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Why would anyone need to prove that?

The reality is we are supposed to be living with covid.   We are not really doing that if the answer to a positive covid test is to shut down every venue they've been to.

It seems to me that this is unrealistic for all concerned.

To comply with the Public Health Act for starters. 

20 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well as they’ve now shut a H & B pub and cost the brewery money you can likely bank on a quick solution to it all. It looks like quite a few businesses now coming out on Facebook this evening say they’re shutting after 111 contact. Even if they don’t shut the Manx rumour mill and covid scare grapevine is going to kill their trade anyway as people will just stay away from anywhere rumoured to be involved. They should have seen all this coming. Its effectively a lockdown by proxy by the lime a few hundred people test positive.

Which ones have posted on FB?

I know no one who has had covid nor anyone who knows anyone who has had covid apart from Howard Quayle. Luckily I hate humans so never hug them so only people who  love other people and get covid are at risk. So why should all you nice people stop me from going somewhere nice in the sun. 

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Yes. You are.

Your problem is you took me seriously , but it is a view taken by some , if not a thought. Think about it , extrapolate our population growth , something has to give. There is not much room left so maybe evolution will sort it out. Like a pandemic.

8 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

To comply with the Public Health Act for starters. 

The PHA states you need to be locked away when you are healthy?

Utterly bizarre.

The current situation is untenable.  Any one with any sense can see that.   We have hundreds of people filing off the boat or plane, not testing, but if anyone ventures into a restaurant that subsequently tests positive the locals are all fucked.  Im not sure how that makes any sense.

In the UK people are deleting track and trace app.   I can see why too.

I went into a restaurant when over there.  Dont have track and trace app (obviously) and had to fill in some box ticking form the venue didn't check or care about.  Not that i would put proper details on there anyway.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I know no one who has had covid nor anyone who knows anyone who has had covid apart from Howard Quayle. Luckily I hate humans so never hug them so only people who  love other people and get covid are at risk. So why should all you nice people stop me from going somewhere nice in the sun. 

I know someone with covid over here atm: an unknown case, elderly, who's been double jabbed and is in a pretty bad way. Most people will know someone like that in the next few weeks. 

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1