IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The PHA states you need to be locked away when you are healthy?

Utterly bizarre.

The current situation is untenable.  Any one with any sense can see that.   We have hundreds of people filing off the boat or plane, not testing, but if anyone ventures into a restaurant that subsequently tests positive the locals are all fucked.  Im not sure how that makes any sense.

In the UK people are deleting track and trace app.   I can see why too.

I went into a restaurant when over there.  Dont have track and trace app (obviously) and had to fill in some box ticking form the venue didn't check or care about.  Not that i would put proper details on there anyway.

Per the regs, reasonable suspicion of infection or contamination. You can phrase it how you want, but the law is clear. It doesn't delineate between healthy or unhealthy.

Nobody here wants to rock the boat at the moment, and that'll be our undoing. We've not even had any Howie TV for a little while now. Jersey are doing day 0 testing even on jabbed arrivals. Guernsey require free tests for anyone arriving and going back to school within 14 days. The UK are trialing daily lateral flow tests for those in isolation to continue essential activities upon a negative result. I've got a friend who was part of it a week or two ago.

Of course, Guernsey have even the Island on their list of places you need 2 tests and 7 days isolation after coming from. Most of the UK they class as category 4, 14 days isolation. Unless double jabbed for 2 weeks.

Never mind that Tory MPs are already talking about the winter restrictions they're considering. Even Boris didn't say the roadmap was irreversible this time.

image.thumb.png.d7bd10d93fabb4aa5891b31bb31d8c3f.png

Ashford needs to stop worrying about NHS apps and look at the situation where healthy people are being denied the opportunity to earn a living. 

Businesses may be destroyed if they don't fix the current situation. Suggestions that you can apply for incapacity benefit in lieu of lost earnings are surely a sick joke. 

2 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Ashford needs to stop worrying about NHS apps and look at the situation where healthy people are being denied the opportunity to earn a living. 

Businesses may be destroyed if they don't fix the current situation. Suggestions that you can apply for incapacity benefit in lieu of lost earnings are surely a sick joke. 

It's not about them being healthy. It's about them being suspected to be infectious or contaminated. Until you can prove with reasonable certainty they aren't, what do you do?

You're using the term healthy to try and make it more emotive. That's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It's not about them being healthy. It's about them being suspected to be infectious or contaminated. Until you can prove with reasonable certainty they aren't, what do you do?

You're using the term healthy to try and make it more emotive. That's all.

They are healthy though. 

If we keep up at the present rate there is going to be gridlock in essential services and most businesses will be closed. That is not sustainable and something has to give.

If we are living with it as has been suggested then we can't keep rounding up the suspected unclean every day. 

Edited by AlanShimmin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

They are healthy though. 

If we keep up at the present rate there is going to be gridlock in essential services and most businesses will be closed. That is not sustainable and something has to give.

Whether they are 'healthy' or not is a moot point.

Can you prove they aren't infectious or contaminated? And that they aren't likely to be given their exposure?

That's the law as it stands.

32 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Can you prove they aren't infectious or contaminated? And that they aren't likely to be given their exposure?

You could argue that for literally anyone. Contact traced or not.

Who are we protecting now and at what cost?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=62704&headline=Restaurateur%3A This is lockdown by the backdoor&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Im a bit surprised you didnt see this coming. 

I’m a bit surprised they are still testing, asking people to isolate, not paying those to isolate & still pretending we’re living with it.

Utter bollocks, all of it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

But who are they going to infect? 

The most vulnerable have had both their vaccines. So even though the vast majority have had at least 1 vaccine we are still worrying people might get infected? Can you not see how crazy that mindset is? If the powers that be are worried people who have had the vaccine might still get infected then we wil never get out of this. 

4 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

We can't have an accurate representation without knowing how many are in isolation. 

I've heard it's nearing 2,000 people isolating at present. 

I was referring to the Hospital and ICU figures that have been ZERO for ages now 

Edited by chris4652009

35 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

But who are they going to infect? 

The most vulnerable have had both their vaccines. So even though the vast majority have had at least 1 vaccine we are still worrying people might get infected? Can you not see how crazy that mindset is? If the powers that be are worried people who have had the vaccine might still get infected then we wil never get out of this. 

I’m still convinced that the government here don’t want to let it run rampant yet.

The vaccines aren’t now being touted as a silver bullet, just look at the UK Gov already talking about restrictions for winter. Though, their approach throughout has been questionable. The vaccine rollout has been counterpointed by opening for Parliament’s summer holidays with warnings for people to behave themselves.

If it was me, I’d be talking to Public Health England about how we can reduce isolation of close contacts. One trial in the UK involves daily lateral flow tests, test negative in the morning and you can go about as usual for the day. 

Scientifically speaking, given where we are, I think we’d be daft to throw away testing, for understanding how it’s spreading and how prevalent it is. We simply don’t have the immunity in kids that the UK does, and we want to make sure we’re getting it right. 

But, the medical and social impact of those results is where we need some forward thinking. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I’m still convinced that the government here don’t want to let it run rampant yet.

The vaccines aren’t now being touted as a silver bullet, just look at the UK Gov already talking about restrictions for winter. Though, their approach throughout has been questionable. The vaccine rollout has been counterpointed by opening for Parliament’s summer holidays with warnings for people to behave themselves.

If it was me, I’d be talking to Public Health England about how we can reduce isolation of close contacts. One trial in the UK involves daily lateral flow tests, test negative in the morning and you can go about as usual for the day. 

Scientifically speaking, given where we are, I think we’d be daft to throw away testing, for understanding how it’s spreading and how prevalent it is. We simply don’t have the immunity in kids that the UK does, and we want to make sure we’re getting it right. 

But, the medical and social impact of those results is where we need some forward thinking. 

It’s running rampant. Only a fool would suggest it’s not out there & amongst us.