IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

29 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The biggest problem now probably isn't a health one. 

It's the damage being done when people have to isolate when they are fine thus impacting on all sorts of business and people.

I told you this weeks ago, you did that thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The biggest problem now probably isn't a health one. 

It's the damage being done when people have to isolate when they are fine thus impacting on all sorts of business and people.

Personally I hope that, from now on, people will stay at home if they have a cold. Instead of sharing it.

Thank goodness that more and more companies are now permenantly switching to mostly work from home. It's one of the big positives from Covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, pongo said:

Thank goodness that more and more companies are now permenantly switching to mostly work from home. It's one of the big positives from Covid.

I heard someone refer to it as the next industrial revolution a couple of days ago.

If the rules around testing and isolation aren’t simplified, clarified and relaxed I expect the island to be effectively locked-down in a matter of days. Cases are going up, thus contacts of cases or suspected cases are going up more, resulting in many places being unable to function. Testing is going up in parallel with this, while swabbers and contact tracers are going off into isolation themselves. I foresee a big mess. 

If I were in charge I’d simplify testing to only those who were symptomatic or unvaccinated very close contacts (ie sleep together) of definite cases. Isolation would be only for definite positives - contacts, those awaiting tests,  people testing negative but symptomatic - wear a mask. Everyone else - get on with it, wash hands, and cut down on the gratuitous continental style hugging/kissing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, wrighty said:

If the rules around testing and isolation aren’t simplified, clarified and relaxed I expect the island to be effectively locked-down in a matter of days. Cases are going up, thus contacts of cases or suspected cases are going up more, resulting in many places being unable to function. Testing is going up in parallel with this, while swabbers and contact tracers are going off into isolation themselves. I foresee a big mess. 

If I were in charge I’d simplify testing to only those who were symptomatic or unvaccinated very close contacts (ie sleep together) of definite cases. Isolation would be only for definite positives - contacts, those awaiting tests,  people testing negative but symptomatic - wear a mask. Everyone else - get on with it, wash hands, and cut down on the gratuitous continental style hugging/kissing. 

So who is advising?  The Emergency Advisory Group has not published any more minutes of meetings, are they meeting, is their advice being sought, who is running the show?

• Like 2

Hearing the same thing over and over “not answering a number I don’t recognise, track and trace can’t get hold of me I don’t have to isolate”

I have seen some of the lengths they go through if it’s high risk but the point being if en mass the public are not willing to self isolate when they are not symptomatic, something has to be done to either relax or as above simplify the advice.

Mixed messages when the IOMG want to stay out of our lives and let us make the right decision but then put a couple of thousand people into self Isolation when they are not Ill or symptomatic 

• Like 1