IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I don't suppose that the £240M shortfall in tax revenue has had a teeny-weeny influence on policy?  Perhaps the penny has finally dropped  with the parish council that yes, the economic damage has been brought about by.....................us, the parish council.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, snowman said:

Have they not done so once already?

Yes, I have referred to there being just one meeting that we are aware of. 

Wouldn't  you expect that they would consult with them before making significant changes?  They don't  have to accept their view, but why not ask?  

So, who has provided the advice for this quite dramatic change to testing?

I am not saying this move is wrong, just that the EAG has been set up, it has various interests and perspectives to bring, yet is ignored. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

I don't suppose that the £240M shortfall in tax revenue has had a teeny-weeny influence on policy?  

£240M is nothing. It's literally just Bank of England liquidity. Easily borrowed and it basically never has to be paid off.

The biggest problems for the British economy, of which IOM is a part, will be Brexit and not Covid related. Not only  labour shortages and the cost of imports but also the way in which exports including services have been hit.

Edited by pongo
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, I have referred to there being just one meeting that we are aware of. 

Wouldn't  you expect that they would consult with them before making significant changes?  They don't  have to accept their view, but why not ask?  

So, who has provided the advice for this quite dramatic change to testing?

I am not saying this move is wrong, just that the EAG has been set up, it has various interests and perspectives to bring, yet is ignored. 

Thrice 

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/council-of-ministers/the-council-of-ministers/council-of-ministers-emergency-advisory-group-eag/

7 hours ago, pongo said:

£240M is nothing. It's literally just Bank of England liquidity. Easily borrowed and it basically never has to be paid off.

The biggest problems for the British economy, of which IOM is a part, will be Brexit and not Covid related. Not only  labour shortages and the cost of imports but also the way in which exports including services have been hit.

Oh, you’re fucking ace you …

“Never has to be paid off”

Never stop shining you crazy diamond. Away with the fucking cuckoos like.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

Still a big fat ZERO in hospital / ICU 👍

image.png.33ee6e9de0a60a5f6b0a6d0d9a48dac0.png

This latest outbreak only started at the end of June; and then only in the young. It will take a few more days before we see hospitalisations.

This always was the problem with using hospitalisations as a gauge. By the time the hospital gets over run (which I hope it never will) it's far too late to put restrictions in place.

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

This latest outbreak only started at the end of June; and then only in the young. It will take a few more days before we see hospitalisations.

This always was the problem with using hospitalisations as a gauge. By the time the hospital gets over run (which I hope it never will) it's far too late.

Are you using the following correlation before issuing your latest death threats:

Number of Manx residents who’ve already been infected (unknown)

Number of Manx residents already infected (known)

Number of Manx residents double vaxed 

Number of Manx residents single vaxed

Number of Manx residents Under 18 and at no risk whatsoever …..

When, in your learned opinion, will the bodies start to stack up?

Edited by Nom de plume

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I see that Irish journalist Karen O'Karenehan or whatever her name is is moaning again.

She knows how to play the game. Nobody knew she existed over here until she started stirring.

ETA - get her on the pressers! 

Edited by immortalpuppet

10 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

Still a big fat ZERO in hospital / ICU 👍

image.png.33ee6e9de0a60a5f6b0a6d0d9a48dac0.png

Has this become your morning routine? Posting figures 17 hours after they come out?

I expect to see that we’ll be a couple more weeks before hospitalisations start trickling up. The rate in the UK at the moment is 2.65 per 100,000 population per the ONS though that’s currently doubling every 12 days. ONS said the peak rate in the UK was 36.02 per 100k in January off the top of my head. No forecast is expecting the rate to climb nearly that high in the UK. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Are you using the following correlation before issuing your latest death threats:

Number of Manx residents who’ve already been infected (unknown)

Number of Manx residents already infected (known)

Number of Manx residents double vaxed 

Number of Manx residents single vaxed

Number of Manx residents Under 18 and at no risk whatsoever …..

When, in your learned opinion, will the bodies start to stack up?

You do love your dramatic language and flair, death threats my arse. 

Though, you really shouldn’t tell lies. There is risk for young people. We know that young people are susceptible to long COVID and the complications that brings. This isn’t speculation, it’s scientifically backed and I’ve linked ONS figures before. The rates aren’t insignificant either. 

You’ve had the option to get your jab, they haven’t yet.  

• Like 5