IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You do love your dramatic language and flair, death threats my arse. 

Though, you really shouldn’t tell lies. There is risk for young people. We know that young people are susceptible to long COVID and the complications that brings. This isn’t speculation, it’s scientifically backed and I’ve linked ONS figures before. The rates aren’t insignificant either. 

You’ve had the option to get your jab, they haven’t yet.  

When will the bodies start to pile up?

In your learned opinion … and Rhubarb & Cust … I mean Ham’n’Eggs?

• Like 1

Got to love the optimism by some on here 🙄 I wonder if they are this negative in real life...................

Me, I now feel confident enough that borders aren't about to slam shut in my face so I've just booked to come across for my first visit since 2019 ❤️ 

Can't wait 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Are you using the following correlation before issuing your latest death threats:

Number of Manx residents who’ve already been infected (unknown)

Number of Manx residents already infected (known)

Number of Manx residents double vaxed 

Number of Manx residents single vaxed

Number of Manx residents Under 18 and at no risk whatsoever …..

When, in your learned opinion, will the bodies start to stack up?

With wider spread in the community, one thing that we will see is people in hospital who have covid, but not in hospital because of covid. 

It is vital we make that distinction when it happens. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

When will the bodies start to pile up?

In your learned opinion … and Rhubarb & Cust … I mean Ham’n’Eggs?

Hyperbole and name calling is your basis then?

How do you rationalise the impact of long COVID on young people who don’t have the option of a vaccination yet, even if they’re clamouring for one?

Per the ONS on Long COVID. 7.4 per cent of those cases are among children aged 2-11, with another 8.2 per cent aged from 12 to 16

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

Got to love the optimism by some on here 🙄 I wonder if they are this negative in real life...................

Me, I now feel confident enough that borders aren't about to slam shut in my face so I've just booked to come across for my first visit since 2019 ❤️ 

Can't wait 

Weather is lovely at the moment, hope you enjoy it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Hyperbole and name calling is your basis then?

How do you rationalise the impact of long COVID on young people who don’t have the option of a vaccination yet, even if they’re clamouring for one?

Per the ONS on Long COVID. 7.4 per cent of those cases are among children aged 2-11, with another 8.2 per cent aged from 12 to 16

When will the bodies start piling up?

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

According to a new IOM resident and doom monger it’s already started. For context this is a lady who moved here a few months ago to escape covid. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/irish-journalist-attacks-manx-covid-strategy/

I’m not sure there’s any doom mongering in that link. There’s no reference to the actual article she has written. 

She’s simply asking what the calculation for the trade-offs is. Nothing wrong with transparency. 

The SAGE estimations on deaths and hospitalisations in different scenarios that are used by Boris are published. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Has this become your morning routine? Posting figures 17 hours after they come out?

I expect to see that we’ll be a couple more weeks before hospitalisations start trickling up. The rate in the UK at the moment is 2.65 per 100,000 population per the ONS though that’s currently doubling every 12 days. ONS said the peak rate in the UK was 36.02 per 100k in January off the top of my head. No forecast is expecting the rate to climb nearly that high in the UK. 

Yes. Just like they didn't in the UK

We are told that even the hospitalisations are minor with hardly any needing ITU. Death rate due to COVID almost non existent

Perhaps you should go and have lie down with a brandy and an icepack on your forehead

image.png.132caf6baced4e2c398eb633b7048e79.png

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. Just like they didn't in the UK

We are told that even the hospitalisations are minor with hardly any needing ITU. Death rate due to COVID almost non existent

Perhaps you should go and have lie down with a brandy and an icepack on your forehead

image.png.132caf6baced4e2c398eb633b7048e79.png

This graph suggests that they are in fact climbing. Just not at the same rate as they would in an unvaccinated population.

The North East and Yorkshire are proving particular concern because of how cases are rising in vaccinated age groups. Vaccination rates aren’t vastly different either. 

A4961E6C-8762-4A42-BB60-53E332169FB5.jpeg