IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think there's a comin meeting in the morning, got to make sure everyone is on the same page, national unity & that

Minutes redacted.

We couldn’t possibly need to know who is behind these draconian measures.

After all, this is a democracy.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Another! The man is press conference mad. Just put out  a press release  with whatever the new rules are. 

But no, it's got to be a game show where Quayle mumbles something cryptic. Then the assembled ladies, gentlemen and mongeese of the press play twenty questions to guess what the policy. Meanwhile a greek chorus of Manx Voices make Uninformed Comments in the live stream comments predicting that everybody will die. Then sometime on Friday the IOM Constabulary tweet out a completely different interpretation of the policy alongside the news  that they've rounded up half the Island for breaking the new laws against looking feckless in a public place.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2020 at 5:30 PM, Mr Newbie said:

A few people have mentioned costs above and if in that response you’re saying that you’re running yourself ragged trying to do stuff on the cheap for government and that’s perhaps one of the reasons why we aren’t testing as many people as other islands seem to be doing then I’d say that’s information that might be material to others wondering why we’re still taking the low volume self service approach that we seem to be taking when Jersey seem to be blitzing it and Guernsey is testing a significant amount more too. 

Cost is now being starting to be suggested as the main reason why we’re ignoring testing and seem to be testing so few people compared to just about everywhere else. You’d hope that the main driver behind 14 days self isolation and only testing those who seek out a test is not that it costs next to fuck all to do in comparison to what Jersey and Guernsey are doing to try to keep their economies more open. 

6 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Cost is now being starting to be suggested as the main reason why we’re ignoring testing and seem to be testing so few people compared to just about everywhere else.

By whom specifically and exactly? With links.

Please don't dodge this question.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Southfork said:

You’d hope that the main driver behind 14 days self isolation and only testing those who seek out a test is not that it costs next to fuck all to do in comparison to what Jersey and Guernsey are doing to try to keep their economies more open. 

Obviously and clearly accepting that our economies have relatively little in common. For example,  tourism is a significant part of the economies of Jersey and Guernsey. Here: only the bikes are, arguably and maybe, significant.

Edited by pongo

21 minutes ago, pongo said:

By whom specifically and exactly? With links.

Please don't dodge this question.

What a strange reply. I’ve seen it suggested several times on Twitter and Facebook now in the last few days. I didn’t realize it was compulsory to have to provide links to casual comments made here to other posts so I won’t as I can’t be arsed.

Edited by Southfork