IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Have you seen any evidence to this happening to anyone in a country where the vulnerable were vaccinated?

I can’t find any.  However, like you said and like I said in my post it was a concern a year ago.

It may be soon to tell - even about the second wave in the UK at the start of the year.  Certainly the figures last year were horrendous:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/24/up-to-8700-patients-died-after-catching-covid-in-english-hospitals

and so ignored. But that analysis is only from this May.

Certainly people should have more idea of what to do to prevent transmission with the right PPE etc and vaccination does reduce transmission of the virus.  Though if health workers become more casual about PPE because of vaccination, that advantage may be lost.  So there should be fewer cases, but we tend not to see individual ones reported around hospital transmission of viruses (for good and bad reasons) and it may be a while before we see the degree to which risks have been lessened.

17 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

115 new cases today. Test and trace have no chance

Why are we still reporting cases?

It just gives the doom mongers more fuel to douse themselves in. 

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

The figure will spike as people will now be self testing with LFT’s, these people would have previously gone undetected so the one thing it does show is a huge amount of honesty as people presenting themselves for a pcr test to confirm/deny the LFT result.

It’s getting to the stage now that testing/tracing isn’t really of benefit to anyone, short of using it for data collection who is actually benefitting from it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s getting to the stage now that testing/tracing isn’t really of benefit to anyone, short of using it for data collection who is actually benefitting from it?

Would-be contacts of positive cases (were they not to test positive and subsequently isolate) might find it quite useful...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

People carrying it out will be doing nicely I'd say . Mind you I wouldnt fancy it ! 

41 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Who is calling 111?  Only meant to be people with symptoms or booking tests for travel isn’t it but I thought you could book travel tests online now?

What about people who want vaccinations..Isn't that the point of contact.. 

I remember having  to call 111 to book mine..

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Would-be contacts of positive cases (were they not to test positive and subsequently isolate) might find it quite useful...

Everyone is a potential positive case, and anyone worried should be treating anyone they deal with as such as chances are that at the moment they are positive.

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

Everyone is a potential positive case, and anyone worried should be treating anyone they deal with as such as chances are that at the moment they are positive.

Yes, but having that confirmed and them isolating means they won't be in contact with any of the people they otherwise would have been in next 10 days.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

How is it useful? It’s only useful to stop spread, the only way to stop spread is to stop people sharing the same breathing space, we aren’t going to be doing that, we don’t have any restrictions so what’s the point?

Just now, Annoymouse said:

How is it useful? It’s only useful to stop spread, the only way to stop spread is to stop people sharing the same breathing space, we aren’t going to be doing that, we don’t have any restrictions so what’s the point?

The positive person isolating stops them from sharing the same breathing space as the people they otherwise would've shared it with. Yes, it won't catch everyone, but given spread is exponential, taking people out of the chain is a good thing.

• Like 2