IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You’ve got your paper work exemption saying you don’t need to isolate, grow some bollocks and go about your business.

And leave my upset 13 year old daughter to deal with the police, you mean? It’s not as easy as you think. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

But why were so many people picking tests up?

They have been very clear in the briefing just now that you only take a lft if you have been contacted by 111.

No one should be contacting 111 to ask for a test, so where on earth did 7 thousands tests go last night?  Who was wanting them and why?  We’re they just panic in because someone they were near once might have tested optics rather than being contacted by 111 and given the voluntary option of a LFT?

Oh FFS I'm not a mindreader. I don't know why. Nor do you. However...

I can make an educated guess and say that perhaps some people who have had trouble getting a PCR test due to delta variant symptoms not being covered by this government wanted to test for peace of mind and the ability to protect the still-vulnerable amongst us. 

Just because you don't give a damn doesn't mean everyone in the community is equally oblivious to the on going albeit somewhat lower risks of covid infection.

I will give you the probability that some picking up LFTs last night were worried-wells, but I'd bet the farm they were very much in the minority.

Also, with 115 new confirmed cases today, many people getting LFTs last night probably were indeed close contacts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There was also a nice touch at the end where he invited everyone down to the Cav event at the Villa to show their support. Underlining clearly that they won’t be pulling the event and they don’t see any reason why people should stay indoors and not go out. 

With 115 new cases today, the look on Ashy's face at the end was priceless, as Big H invited everyone down to the Villa on Sunday.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

But why were so many people picking tests up?

They have been very clear in the briefing just now that you only take a lft if you have been contacted by 111.

But that's not what the press release yesterday said, not the reporting of it.  There's no mention that people have to be authorised by 111.  And even if there had been there was clearly no mechanism to check they had been, rather than letting people turn up willy-nilly.

But even if only those who were isolating were collecting the kits, that would be 800 by their own figures.

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But if what you say is correct that means that tomorrow's figures (when those confirmation tests done today come though) will be even more inflated.  Today's 115 positives (16% of tests) are more than on any other previous day (108 and 14% on 8 March).

I wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are even more positives being reported tomorrow. We're seeing exponential growth and it's only going to accelerate with no restrictions such as social distancing or mandatory face-coverings in place. 

I'm 2+2 and yet I have an underlying condition that means it's quite possible my antibody production has been less than optimal. I'll be very cautious in public for the foreseeable. It's all I can do as according to my GP, covid antibody tests are not available so I'll have to err on the side of caution. 

Those calling for the cessation of figures being released need to understand and accept that some of us need this information to make informed choices. If you don't want to know the figures, ignore them. Just don't clamour for that information to be taken from those of us who have need of it. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thought it was good of them to clear up the confusion over Green / Amber / Red List countries and updated guidance on restrictions / testing / isolation given the schools break up next Friday.

Oh, hang on .........

What a pair of wallies.

28 minutes ago, Pieman said:

And leave my upset 13 year old daughter to deal with the police, you mean? It’s not as easy as you think. 

You have my sympathies.  What I’d do in your situation is go and get some LFTs from the pharmacy, test your daughter and if negative get on with it. If the manager calls the police (he won’t) you’ll be able to demonstrate reasonable behaviour in the face of a catch-22 situation with PCR/111 and you’ll be fine. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

No. How would that help? We’ll just continue to deal with everything as best as we can. 

Fair play.

It wouldn't necessarily help, but it could force the Governments hand if you believed there to be a grave threat to public health. 

I was just curious.