IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Now we're getting down to the serious stuff. 

Will the medics threaten to strike if they believe Government has created an unsafe environment?

Is there a country in the world where every medic agrees on the response to any situation? Even if it’s just how a crying child with a broken arm should be handled?

Of course not.  Ashford was completely correct in what he said.  Of course they don’t all 100 percent agree on every decision.

Even the sandwich artists in subway don’t 100 percent agree on everything, and Moulten clearly had something lined up where if David had said he had 100 percent support he was going to discredit him.

Dont see how he could have handled it any better and I fundamentally dislike the man.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It could be worse. Just heard on Manx Radio news that Onchan Park cafe is closing for no particular reason. Just because there’s a bit of covid about even though nobody has been affected. There’s some lemmings already diving off the cliffs.

If they feel like that's the safer measure for them, fair enough.

Plenty of businesses in the UK that have already said they're keeping COVID-secure measures in place, and if you don't like it, you can head elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Pieman said:

And leave my upset 13 year old daughter to deal with the police, you mean? It’s not as easy as you think. 

Well your post needs to be broken down :

The hotel can not stop you from leaving, are you concerned they’ll stop you leaving for your return Journey?  perhaps take the lead and call the police first on the non emergency number and explain the situation. I wouldn’t take any threatening behaviour from any manager.

With regards to your daughters test result, she needs the negative test in order to leave isolation, now while I can understand 111 treat contacting positive cases as a priority, if the result is back they should have a copy of the result it’s as simple as that, they typically send this by email. If they aren’t keeping results, then something is seriously wrong with the system and I’d be contacting the likes of David Ashford directly.

With regards to the shitty hotel, you do have my sympathy, unfortunately they’re trying to claw back losses from last year and capitalising on having no travel restrictions for 2+2 so most will be quite expensive, that doesn’t excuse any poor management skills though, If that’s the case if it’s a chain contact the head office and if it’s not then that’s exactly what Trip Advisor is for.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

If they feel like that's the safer measure for them, fair enough.

Plenty of businesses in the UK that have already said they're keeping COVID-secure measures in place, and if you don't like it, you can head elsewhere.

Employees or customers or both?

21 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It could be worse. Just heard on Manx Radio news that Onchan Park cafe is closing for no particular reason. Just because there’s a bit of covid about even though nobody has been affected. There’s some lemmings already diving off the cliffs.

Not no particular reason. They are closing temporarily in order to work out a safer way to operate. That is fair enough

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Well your post needs to be broken down :

The hotel can not stop you from leaving, are you concerned they’ll stop you leaving for your return Journey?  perhaps take the lead and call the police first on the non emergency number and explain the situation. I wouldn’t take any threatening behaviour from any manager.

With regards to your daughters test result, she needs the negative test in order to leave isolation, now while I can understand 111 treat contacting positive cases as a priority, if the result is back they should have a copy of the result it’s as simple as that, they typically send this by email. If they aren’t keeping results, then something is seriously wrong with the system and I’d be contacting the likes of David Ashford directly.

With regards to the shitty hotel, you do have my sympathy, unfortunately they’re trying to claw back losses from last year and capitalising on having no travel restrictions for 2+2 so most will be quite expensive, that doesn’t excuse any poor management skills though, If that’s the case if it’s a chain contact the head office and if it’s not then that’s exactly what Trip Advisor is for.

The irony is, we don’t want to go anywhere where we’d transmit anything even if infectious. We are on motorbike and just want to rode around the island in the sun! Last time here, TT 2019, I’m still drying out now! 
my kids 14 next week, we’ve been coming for TT and out of season since she was 7, but how many more years will she want to come to the Isle if Man with her old boy! ? 
hopijg if we do get out they still do the mahoosive scones at Laxey Cafe. 

Edited by Pieman
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Now we're getting down to the serious stuff. 

Will the medics threaten to strike if they believe Government has created an unsafe environment?

Well there's some interesting questions in Tynwald this month. I guess Paul Moulton had been tipped off:

The Hon. Member for Rushen (Mr Speaker) to ask the Chief Minister –

When he first received the medical advice that he should close the border?

The Hon. Member for Douglas East (Mr Robertshaw) to ask the Minister for Health and Social Care –

When he passed Dr Ranson’s advice on the borders, which he had received by 13th March 2020, to the Chief Minister and the Council of Ministers?

43. The Hon. Member for Douglas East (Mr Robertshaw) to ask the Chief Minister –

What advice the Chief Minister received from Dr Ranson about the recent changes to the borders and the Delta variant; and what response he made to Dr Ranson?

8 minutes ago, Pieman said:

The irony is, we don’t want to go anywhere where we’d transmit anything even if infectious. We are on motorbike and just want to rode around the island in the sun! Last time here, TT 2019, I’m still drying out now! 
my kids 14 next year, we’ve been coming for TT and out of season since she was 7, but how many more years will she want to come to the Isle if Man with her old boy! ? 
hopijg if we do get out they still do the mahoosive scones at Laxey Cafe. 

That isn’t ironic but perfectly sensible, who wants to go to somewhere with a high risk of picking up the virus anyway?
Ring 111, get it sorted, 48hrs is ample time for a result, stick 2 fingers up at the hotel and enjoy what’s left of your holiday.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pieman said:

my kids 14 next week, we’ve been coming for TT and out of season since she was 7, but how many more years will she want to come to the Isle if Man with her old boy! ? 

Ah, they grow up so fast, especially daughters, but I hope you still have a few more years of TT memories to make yet!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Must be owned by millionaires then if they can afford to randomly close for no reason and pay staff when most other places say they were struggling not to close if caught be track and trace as they couldn’t afford to. 

You were just told their reason for closure... I'll type it slowly for you... 

T h e y   a r e   c lo s i n g   t e m p o r a r i l y   i n   o r d e r   t o   w o r k   o u t   a   s a f e r   w a y   o   e r a t e.

Better?

I wouldn't have thought they have all that many employees to pay, some of which may be going in to help make the necessary covid-safety changes and others could well have days off anyway. It's probably only going to take a day or so and would likely be up and running again by Monday at the latest. 

I know which type of business would get my patronage going forward; one that took the time and did what they could to lessen their customer's covid risk.

The business that wouldn't get my patronage would be the one who made zero changes where changes could be made and so obviously didn't care about their customers wellbeing. Or their own for that matter. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, snowman said:

Ashford told Paul Moulton in one of the YouTube videos that they would prioritize kids

Was that ages ago, when it was still thought there might be an actual risk to kids?

David explained how concerns have changed since earlier in the pandemic only a couple of hours ago, based on all the data that is available now that wasn’t available when they were being overly cautious.

People need to start looking at real time data.  Data from months ago and thoughts and opinions from months ago are totally irrelevant as they were based on guessing