IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I found it most odd that the Director of Public Health, Dr Ewart was absent from yesterdays press briefing.  Particularly when such wide ranging changes were made.  If there  was ever a need for comment from Public Health, that was the time.

• Like 4

Just now, Hmmmm said:

I found it most odd that the Director of Public Health, Dr Ewart was absent from yesterdays press briefing.  Particularly when such wide ranging changes were made.  If there  was ever a need for comment from Public Health, that was the time.

It was blatantly obvious she's been at loggerheads with the Count.

There's only one winner there.

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It was blatantly obvious she's been at loggerheads with the Count.

There's only one winner there.

That's as maybe, but she is the head of Public Health on the island during a global pandemic and is well paid.  That role comes with certain  expectations and accountability.  I am sure Boris and his advisers don't always agree but they still front up the press.  Anyway it would have been nice to have heard her views.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Not really. I’m not that regular on here but most forums have a no name and shame policy, and as others have noted, we are still stuck here so are in their hands. 
Some half decent development, a new manager in today who’s hit the roof about how we’ve been treated and gone out of his way to help.  Delivered some fans to the room and a load of chilled drinks and a bucket of ice after I called him this morning. 

The temp has been a nightmare in here, it’s still stifling but the fans have helped a lot, also helping ventilate the room a little. 

The service has been very poor overall, but this chap has done his bit to improve things which is nice of him. 
Still no testing news. We wonder at what point we start packing our bags to go home. It doesn’t look like we will get out of the hotel at all before we need to go back home.  

we love the island, I’ve been coming pretty much every year since 1973. The trouble is, unless they can sort out the entry requirement for kids to be more reliable or allow the testing to be done, say, before we get on the ferry, it’s going to make coming back in the future impractical. When we’ve been before we’ve come for 5 days maybe a week. It’s worth coming for that, but as a tourist you start repeating yourself after that sort of time. So it is difficult to work in say three or 4 days extra to cover the testing regime  and still get some time on the Island. 
no one minds the hoops you need to go through to keep the Island safe, but how it is right now is just impractical.  

Email David.ashford@gov.im  He is minister for health. He tends to reply to emails within a few hours. He can and hopefully will help you. If not contact Manx Radio and get your situation on the news.

You and your daughter deserve better than this. I am so sorry this had happened and I hope it is resolved very quickly now. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

That's as maybe, but she is the head of Public Health on the island during a global pandemic and is well paid.  That role comes with certain  expectations and accountability.  I am sure Boris and his advisers don't always agree but they still front up the press.  Anyway it would have been nice to have heard her views.

Isolating maybe?

20 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Email David.ashford@gov.im  He is minister for health. He tends to reply to emails within a few hours. He can and hopefully will help you. If not contact Manx Radio and get your situation on the news.

You and your daughter deserve better than this. I am so sorry this had happened and I hope it is resolved very quickly now. 

And send an email to laurence.skelly@gov.im (Minister of the Department for Enterprise) and copy his political members:
daphne.caine@gov.im
lawrie@lhooperiom.com (for some reason he doesn't have a gov.im email address)
peter.greenhill@gov.im
rob.callister@gov.im

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

at least one popular pub now has more than one staff member off work with covid, probably arrived on the boat with the footy fans that couldn't watch the game in a pub at home.

The Royal George Ramsey? Just seen the announcement myself, closed until Tuesday so missing out on busy weekend trade, which just means folk will crowd into a neighbouring pub instead.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

The Mannin Line has been top notch today.

Lots of irate dismissive Covid denying scousers. Marvellous.

Waiting for Pongo to call in & tell us how wonderful Regaby is in January. 

I must say, scousers have gone up in my estimation. I don't necessarily agree with them but this was no nonsense talk:

Scouser1, Rob 12:20  ".....there's a lot of people on this Island rolled over and had their bellies tickled....if they stop the testing the problem goes away....where are all the dead people in this pandemic...innocent people put in Jurby prison and the Chief Minister went to Northern Ireland....he also visited a Hospice and shouldn't have gone in spitting distance...."

Wint was going to cut the la' off but he spoke up quick.

Scouser 2, Brian: 22:22 "....32 people died of Covid, at least 1.5 thousand people died of other causes....just leave the Island as it is and carry on...professor should leave the Island and go home"

John from Isle of Man 29:24 replied with his own words against the above. Including that the scouser should take his own advice and should go home too.

https://www.manxradio.com/radioplayer/od/items/mannin-line-16th-july1/?rpSt=1003&rpSrp=1.0

Edited by Barlow