IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Been on hold now for 42 mins and not even got a number in the queue yet. More worried now about getting off the island. If the test result isn’t with us, can we leave, and what do we do between the 11am check out and 3pm boat? 

Update. We have now been on hold for 1h 32 and are 24th in the queue! 

system is overwhelmed by the looks of it 

When you depart iom to UK, no one checks anything

You are permitted to leave isolate / quarantine in order to leave the island

11 minutes ago, snowman said:

When you depart iom to UK, no one checks anything

You are permitted to leave isolate / quarantine in order to leave the island

That’s something at least. Presume we have to go from hotel to ferry terminal and just wait there? 

what a disaster. Bad job all round, but we can’t do owt about it. 
this is the first time off I’ve had this calendar year, out first holiday anyone in family since dec 19, and missus is at home cat sitting! 
Monday night we had a burglary, well attempted as I disturbed them, ie caught them doing the door. Police came out and said how did I catch them at 250am…..I was still up working, that’s how! CCTV was pretty funny, these neds run like fook when I appear and bellow ‘fxxx off’ 

so it would have been nice to have a few days away, missus was ok with us coming after the oiks tried it on and. But clearly we should have stayed home. 

now at 1 hr 57 mins and we seem to have lost place in the queue, we were 23  about 15 mins ago, now no number being stated. 
😂😂

I give up

Edited by Pieman

45 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Why can you not book a test online ffs. Its 2021.

It’s 2021 on the Isle of Man.  We don’t do online. Apparently it didn’t occur to anyone that when they opened the borders and let it back in lots of people would need testing.

Absolute joke.  Don’t forget anyone who tests positive and can’t attend a vaccine appointment has to phone to change that as well, because it would be too simple to manage jab appointments online.  Much better to have a useless phone system that needs manning by more staff then they have and can’t handle the demand.

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The odd thing being no one able to get a test. 

Speaking about odd those figures are wrong. Dashboard seems broke:

Screenshot_20210716-153534_Chrome.jpg

They don't often update it twice do they?
500 and something tests, down from near 700 yesterday. Wouldn't account for the big drop in new cases. Though maybe the demographics of these tests was different.

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Hope there isn't something odd influencing today's figures. They're good news if there isn't.

Quite frankly I’m amazed, the amount of reports of positive LFTs and people complaining on Facebook they can’t get through to 111 to organise a test I was expecting at least another 100 odd cases, when in actual fact they didn’t even test near to capacity.

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

It’s 2021 on the Isle of Man.  We don’t do online. Apparently it didn’t occur to anyone that when they opened the borders and let it back in lots of people would need testing.

Absolute joke.  Don’t forget anyone who tests positive and can’t attend a vaccine appointment has to phone to change that as well, because it would be too simple to manage jab appointments online.  Much better to have a useless phone system that needs manning by more staff then they have and can’t handle the demand.

Actually, when you book landing card, it says you will be sent an email with a link to book a test, and guess what, the email comes with no such link! 

anyway, amazing news, and honestly I was about to hang up and try again as for the last 25 mins no update of queue position and no message about continue to hold call important etc…….and as I was about o hit cancel, 2h and 11 mins in, a voice appears. She’s checked the test and my daughter has passed! 
so bike kit on and we are going out! God knows where, but at least a bit of fun around IOM. 
Genuine thanks for all the tips and advice.  

Ps my daughter is flying about getting kitted up, and says to me, so, where are we going …….I look at her and say, I fancy a bit of a rest and watch the telly….the face she gave me! Lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5

Just now, HeliX said:

They don't often update it twice do they?
500 and something tests, down from near 700 yesterday. Wouldn't account for the big drop in new cases. Though maybe the demographics of these tests was different.

Loads of factors at play:

Symptomatic tests are reliant on clinicians ringing people back. By the sounds of it that is taking 24 hours.

Prior to that it is taking several hours to get through to actually speak to someone at 111 before your details are taken to be passed on.

Once triaged it's then going to be over 12/24 hours before you get tested. 

Just book everyone with symptoms in for a test - don't bother triaging. 

• Like 2