IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

The govt. numbers are somewhat meaningless I think. There is no consistency about announcements and it all depends on the inadequate testing anyway.

Discussing with the lads at lunch today and the general concensus was it's probably at least double the govt figures?

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

The govt. numbers are somewhat meaningless I think. There is no consistency about announcements and it all depends on the inadequate testing anyway.

Discussing with the lads at lunch today and the general concensus was it's probably at least double the govt figures?

Wouldn't surprise me, as I said yesterday they are still going by the main covid symptoms pre-delta variant, so lots are likely being turned away from testing. That is if they can get through to 111 in the first place. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Half or double - I would treat their figures now with disbelief. There is clearly a power struggle going on somewhere and it's who now can shout the loudest.

Edited by Apple
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

And the rest!

People who would have tested positive if tested have been in every school, pub, restaurant and  workplace on the island in the last couple of weeks.

I doubt anyone who has been out and about hasn’t been within 5m of a positive case unless taking their own precautions.

Its everywhere.  Most people will never know they had it or care.

2 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Why would anyone who is 2 + 2  ring 111 or go for a test anyway?.

Better to cure yourself at home if possible if you have symptoms.

If it gets so bad that you need hospital treatment you will be tested without the queue.

I know of at least one symptomatic case who did a positive LFT and went on to test positive on PCR, despite being long into fully jabbed.

But, they're highest risk, so would rather know to be prudent and keep an eye on themselves.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

If it gets so bad that you need hospital treatment you will be tested without the queue.

If you live alone and you're not vulnerable, sure. If you live with other people (particularly unvaxxed people) it would be a good idea to find out whether you've got a cold or covid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

It's called social responsibility.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Our lunchtime discussion surmised that in all honesty nobody can be arsed getting tested unless they aren’t 2 + 2 and having to have a mandatory test post travel. 

It’s everywhere, we all know it, it’s pointless now.

Thank God the penny is dropping & this sorry ‘little’ charade will soon be over.

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Our lunchtime discussion surmised that in all honesty nobody can be arsed getting tested unless they aren’t 2 + 2 and having to have a mandatory test post travel. 

It’s everywhere, we all know it, it’s pointless now.

Thank God the penny is dropping & this sorry ‘little’ charade will soon be over.

Sitting in your bunker all day must get boring sometimes.

40 minutes ago, Zarley said:

If you live alone and you're not vulnerable, sure. If you live with other people (particularly unvaxxed people) it would be a good idea to find out whether you've got a cold or covid.

Why?  Either way you would try and make sure they didn’t catch it but then by the time you have got the test back it is too late anyway and you have just confined yourself to the house for 10 days.

If I am ill I stay away from other people.  No way I am signing up for not driving FYI the beach and going for a walk miles away from anyone else voluntarily though.

I honestly don’t get why people want to know.  If you are ill then behave accordingly.  If you aren’t then don’t.

Makes absolutely no difference to how I would behave if I have a positive test or not.

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There seems to be a badge of honour about going for a test (plus it’s an excuse for half a day off work). And the lateral flow test seems to be the new must have devise. The queues around BHS the other night were incredible, apparently they gave away 6,000 LF tests in a few hours. There can’t possibly have been that many kids directly affected or linked. I presume everyone just wanted a handful of freebie tests so they could tell their mates that they’d had a LF test.

The LF tests come in packs of 7 and they aren’t split. So they gave out less than 900. And it wasn’t just pupils or staff, exposed members of the public, close contacts, are entitled.

• Like 1