IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

It certainly isn’t a moral issue. If you don’t have covid then you aren’t going to give the covid you don’t have to anyone else. The only determining factor now is whether you’ve had a positive PCR test categorically confirming that you have covid or not.

Nice little goalpost switcheroo there from LTF to PCR testing. 

Anyway I'm done. Have a nice evening. 

2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Nobody is in hospital 

Ssshhh.  We must induce panic.

The comments on the Manx Radio FB post about today’s cases are comedy gold.

Sane person ”nobody is in hospital”

FB Karen “just you wait, it takes a few weeks.  We have all been thrown under the bus”

Karen and her Karen friends clearly aren’t capable of actually looking at the situations in UK and Jersey.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It certainly isn’t a moral issue. If you don’t have covid then you aren’t going to give the covid you don’t have to anyone else. The only determining factor now is whether you’ve had a positive PCR test categorically confirming that you have covid or not.

If a lateral flow test says you have COVID, then there's a >99.9% chance you do in fact have it. It may be as high as 99.97% based on latest figures.

It's only when it says you're negative, it's more likely to be wrong, by being less sensitive for low viral loads (when there's less virus being produced by your body).

The argument for this is that if you've got enough COVID in your system to show up on a lateral flow, you've likely got enough to pass it on.

So fundamentally, it becomes a moral issue of knowingly being likely to be passing it on with a positive LFT.

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I think you'll find I brought up a very similar scenario about a month ago and was sent to my bunker.

As was I, there is probably about a 50% split on here now of people who think caution should have been applied (although too late now) and then there is those who think Covid is no risk whatsoever with 2 jabs (or just a big con entirely in Utah’s case)

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

One of us doesn’t live in the real world and it isn’t me. As I said there is no need for your friend to risk 10 days off by taking a LF test. Even if the LF test is positive it’s no longer a requirement to isolate or to seek a PCR test. 

Maybe it's not a legal requirement, but the Government advice is (as of an hour ago):

Nowhere near 50/50 in the actual population in my experience.

I don’t know anyone who thinks we aren’t doing the right things now.  Most seem to want to see the remaining restrictions removed.

Those who don’t are definitely out there because I see them on social media and here, but have not met one in the last few weeks? 

That is old people, young people, “vulnerable” petiole, nurses etc etc.

Everyone I meet in real life is sick of it and wants us to stop testing and reporting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Ssshhh.  We must induce panic.

The comments on the Manx Radio FB post about today’s cases are comedy gold.

Sane person ”nobody is in hospital”

FB Karen “just you wait, it takes a few weeks.  We have all been thrown under the bus”

Karen and her Karen friends clearly aren’t capable of actually looking at the situations in UK and Jersey.

"Karen" is correct. As you say, look at Jersey. New cases and hospitalisations have doubled in a week. No deaths yet, but ..........

We are three weeks behind them, and three weeks ahead of the UK. 

It will be an interesting couple of months. 

Edited by Cambon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Exactly! There are even 9 Karens on this list of over 1200 scientists. https://www.johnsnowmemo.com/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/16/englands-covid-unlocking-a-threat-to-the-world-experts-say

I'm betting England will be a red zone for international travel by mid August. If you're booking your holidays I'd transit through somewhere else.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Or maybe that's exactly what they are doing.  Jersey now has about 2000 active cases and 99% in the community.  The other 1% are split between hospital and care homes.  I reckon there have been 472,855 case in the UK in the last 14 days (they don't give active cases) and they are showing 3,964 in hospital.  So we're looking at a hospitalisation rate of around 1 in a bit more than 100.  Better than about 1 in 50, which is what it was earlier in the year, but if you have twice as many cases the pressure will be the same.