IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I went down to the Thirsty Pigeon to watch the Tour de France, but the Pigeon has been hit with the Covid and the placed was shut.

39 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Things reportedly about to get very interesting at Noble. High numbers of people plus covid. 

I hate posts like this, the ‘I know something but I can’t say’ sort of post. 

I don’t care who told you what, but could you specify why they might get ‘interesting’? Is it busy in ED, are there sudden waves of hypoxic covid positive patients landing there, or are half the staff isolating because a friend of a friend tested positive?

I suppose I’ll find out tomorrow if you’re unable to clarify. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I don’t care who told you what, but could you specify why they might get ‘interesting’? Is it busy in ED, are there sudden waves of hypoxic covid positive patients landing there, or are half the staff isolating because a friend of a friend tested positive?

Don't feed the trolls !

24 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Well if you were hypothetically isolating due to Covid, how many appointments would need be cancelled/rescheduled?

44 minutes ago, wrighty said:

FWIW a lot of people have tested positive and there has been a lot of people passing through. 

I've no interest in false rumours, but when Government can't workout 698-465, I'm going to doubt their ability to keep us updated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

FWIW a lot of people have tested positive and there has been a lot of people passing through. 

I've no interest in false rumours, but when Government can't workout 698-465, I'm going to doubt their ability to keep us updated. 

It's a snapshot in time and uh, our health director can tell us why snapshots are important and I was, uh, reading a research paper on the importance of snapshots, and uh, they're updated, uh, every day.

- Love Ashy xox

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a horrible feeling the whole system is about to collapse - lengthy waiting times for a test, results now taking at least 24 hours, no real guidance for  2 + 2, hospital under pressure, presumably from staff in isolation, etc. 

It feels like it has gone in the "too hard" folder for some other schmuck to pick up. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I have a horrible feeling the whole system is about to collapse - lengthy waiting times for a test, results now taking at least 24 hours, no real guidance for  2 + 2, hospital under pressure, presumably from staff in isolation, etc. 

It feels like it has gone in the "too hard" folder for some other schmuck to pick up. 

To be fair were not unique I know scotland are struggling as well with the track and trace

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

To be fair were not unique I know scotland are struggling as well with the track and trace

We're not but we had the opportunity to fully vaccinate the population before opening up but instead of waiting 6 weeks CoMin removed all restrictions and abdicated all responsibility. They failed to foresee what was fairly obvious that a partially vaccinated population would lead to everyone getting sick all at once; which will then lead to the Island grinding to a halt in a few weeks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1