IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

Was reading about one journalist who’d had six positive LFTs and four negative PCR tests. 

Sunday Times.? Interesting read. Inconclusive if I remember.

5 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Thanks for fast responses.

We disagree on point 1. If you read the letters your referred to, they made it clear that they are following their own strong mitigation protocols not just those required of them. That is what the local branches and local businesses should do too in my view. You are not an anti vaxer obviously but maybe you are an anti masker despite its long proven substantial mitigation effects.

On point 2, whether all is going to fine and dandy as you think or whether my point is valid time alone will tell. 

On point 3, you neatly ducked the question. Well done. There IS an Emergencies Advisory Committee set up a year or so after it was promised. Whether you are on it or not was not my question. I asked if you think it proper that it was not consulted on the recent major abolitions of restrictions. But thanks for treating an important question with contempt. I suppose those who suck at the IOMG's / DHSC's teat are naturally very loathe to criticise it. Even with all the serious faux pas we have had to witness over the past 16 months.

Wow ... I'm not entirely sure what answer you were seeking from Wrighty?

Edited by Nom de plume

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Wow ... I'm not sure that's called for. I'm not entirely what answer you were seeking from Wrighty?

Agreed, seemed an unnecessary attack.  Wrighty has always contributed his medical knowledge rationally, calmly and in an easily understandable way.  He is not to blame or to be taken to task because Comin are fucking it up. 

• Like 9

Please, someone, anyone, report Cassie2

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Wow ... I'm not entirely sure what answer you were seeking from Wrighty?

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Agreed, seemed an unnecessary attack.  Wrighty has always contributed his medical knowledge rationally, calmly and in an easily understandable way.  He is not to blame or to be taken to task because Comin are fucking it up. 

9 minutes ago, germann said:

Our local pharmacy on Windsor Road were supplied a grand total of four LFT kits today. That should meet current demand.

Demographic of residents in that area tend to lean more towards alcohol and hard drugs as opposed to sticking cotton buds up their holes. 

Therefore stock far exceeds demand. 

• Haha 1

Just an observation.

Cases “active” 20/9 aged 10-34 where the majority of cases are.

60% asymptomatic. Unfortunately no indicator of how servers those symptoms that are being reported actually are.

I would expert that figure to increase short term as people wet themselves over the availability of LFTs, then drop off in a couple of weeks when people get bored.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

If you're talking about LFTs you are wrong. False negative rate is very high.

@The Old Git - I think the journalist in question was suspected to have either an unusual strain or some unusual genetics that made PCR tests less useful? If I remember rightly.

Think he worked at The Times and was trapped in a loop where if he went in to the office he had to have a LFT which showed him to be positive and then the subsequent PCR showed him to be negative. No idea why it happened to him so many times

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I always thought that the false negative was because the person taking the swab had not proddled deep or hard enough to actually collect the nasty viruses from said persons orifices. The test itself (with a correct and representative sample) is shirley near to 100% reliable

You're right that the person conducting the test makes a big difference - this applies to all tests of course.  That's why Rachel's test had an extra check for human DNA to check proper contact was made.  And self-swabbing is always going to be the least efficient option for obvious reasons. 

But even with expert swabbers the Innova test only has about 58% accuracy (I mean it says people have Covid when a PCR test says they do).  Even more surprisingly only 82% of positive results were confirmed, despite them claiming this was 99.9%.

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Some good posts from weighty this morning.

Any of the doom mongers going to pipe up and disagree with him?  We all know if the same posts had been made by various other posters non de plume for example they would have been torn apart by now.

Mr Wright talks sense.  I really think the government need to clearly get this info out to people.

I respect his opinion but that doesn’t mean I always agree with it, the difference being Wrighty engages in debate, he doesn’t just dismiss people as doom mongers, I’m sure some of his patients share their concerns, he doesn’t ridicule them and call them stupid.

The reason I disagree, well his work has been cancelled today because of everything other than Covid, ok that might be the case this week, but what happens when Covid patients do actually start taking up bed space? What happens when even more of his patients start testing positive for Covid due to pre admission test?  Well even more ops will be cancelled and people’s quality of life will ultimately suffer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

35 new cases today, which is 268 fewer than yesterday's 103 new cases. The active case number has gone up by 237.

Fucking. Farce.

If they could sort this nonsense out I wouldn’t even have a reason to debate it, I just don’t like the way cases continue to be reported in low numbers, if people only read headlines  they’d think we’d have about 700 cases, the reality is double that.

• Like 1