IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

If they could sort this nonsense out I wouldn’t even have a reason to debate it, I just don’t like the way cases continue to be reported in low numbers, if people only read headlines  they’d think we’d have about 700 cases, the reality is double that.

The media should do their fucking job regarding this, instead of just repeating the government’s figures. 

Sorry, but this shit annoys me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HeliX said:

kqesjSq.png

35 new cases today, which is 268 fewer than yesterday's 103 new cases. The active case number has gone up by 237.

Fucking. Farce.

Absolutely mind boggling bad.

They also no longer publish the raw spreadsheet data that drives this.

It's just bizarre.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

but what happens when Covid patients do actually start taking up bed space?

Firstly, that is pure conjecture and based upon precisely what data - or do you have access to the same crystal ball as Fergusson and the rest of SAGE?

Secondly, if your powers of future prediction are correct, then as I and several others have suggested, the medical authorities have know for at least a year that CV is going to be, long-term, another reason for hospital admission along with the multiplicity of other conditions - and should have been planning and making the necessary provisions for the load accordingly.  In some circles, and clearly is absent in the parish council, it is termed 'future planning'.

I'm a simple person really . I have no F***ing clue as to what the hell their doing with the Covid figures. How the hell cant they do a simple task adding and subtracting daily and manage to produce to all in a acceptable manner . Mind blowing . Lots of clever people on this site . Apart from the obvious answer that the people responsible are completely incompetent can anyone help !!! 
Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON

HRH Tim Baker MHK is doing the COVID figures as the usual geezer is on annual leave!

Just like his budgets and overspending, the COVID figures are also all over the f*cking place!

Spot on Tim keep up the good work! 👌

Just now, Utah 01 said:

Secondly, if your powers of future prediction are correct, then as I and several others have suggested, the medical authorities have know for at least a year that CV is going to be, long-term, another reason for hospital admission along with the multiplicity of other conditions - and should have been planning and making the necessary provisions for the load accordingly.  In some circles, and clearly is absent in the parish council, it is termed 'future planning'.

Are you really expecting us to be the first country in the world not to have a Covid patient in ICU? it doesn’t need a Crystal ball to look at what’s happening in other countries and expecting to see that replicated here. 

Yes they’ve had a year to prepare for it, they obviously wouldn’t just drop all restrictions without a future plan in place. Unfortunately I’ve yet to see any official plans or projections, why isn’t this information publicly accessible?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Are you really expecting us to be the first country in the world not to have a Covid patient in ICU? it doesn’t need a Crystal ball to look at what’s happening in other countries and expecting to see that replicated here. 

Yes they’ve had a year to prepare for it, they obviously wouldn’t just drop all restrictions without a future plan in place. Unfortunately I’ve yet to see any official plans or projections, why isn’t this information publicly accessible?

I’d like to think they’ve taken a view based upon the number of people who’ve likely to have had the virus in the last 20 months, the number of persons double vaccinated, the numbers of persons single vaccinated & the risks attached to the age groups of those yet to be vaccinated.

All the above based on advice & data shared within the medical fraternity (U.K. counterparts).

The truth is we take our lead from Westminster & we’ll broadly follow what they do.

I appreciate that the decisions taken both in the U.K. & here within the last few weeks have been very unpalatable for some (a vocal minority it would seem) but we are well beyond any form of policy reversal now.

Britain is living with the virus. People will die, people will develop long Covid.

Take whatever measures you see or feel fit to protect yourself. 

• Like 1