IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Seems to be a lot of love for both Quayle and Ashford on FB, they can’t seem to do any wrong, I’ve no doubt people will be writing letters/emails of complaint on his behalf to Manx Radio.

Because they were the only politicians people saw during the lockdowns they think all other politicians did nothing.

Even though CoMin held their private meetings with all the Members, took their ideas, got their buy in for the big vote in Tynwald and then took all the credit on the podium. Now they're national treasures.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apple said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/operations-cancelled-at-nobles-hospital/

So , wards full and ops cancelled.

Residential home closed to admissions and visitors.

And this is "living with it" is it ?

Interesting.

BOJOs term "living with it", really means start natural wave until it finds an equilibrium level between the balance between societies risk tolerance and wish for freedoms. That is, in effect what herd immunity means.

I calibrated a SEIR model and provided a narrative on central expectation of how this will play out over the coming weeks at:

https://sites.google.com/webcabcomponents.com/seir-model-of-iom-natural-wave/home?authuser=0

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's worth pointing out that Quayle's meltdown over Manx Radio daring to behave like a new source wasn't an interview with another news outfit but Gef's reporting of a question asked by Chris Thomas.  Who basically dug a pit for Quayle to fall into; let him do so; and then watched on with amazement he got out a spade and proceeded to dig furiously to make it deeper and deeper:

3.3. Chief Minister’s visit to Hospice – Formal complaints about reporting

It's now also on Hansard, but listening gives you the full petulant self-pity.

Thanks Roger. In that hit-piece, Quayle stated that he hoped the next administration would look at the law, as if he felt the law wasn't extended enough and required changing. Which law might he be referring? Is he inferring he'd like to see more social media censorship?

46 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Seems to be a lot of love for both Quayle and Ashford on FB, they can’t seem to do any wrong, I’ve no doubt people will be writing letters/emails of complaint on his behalf to Manx Radio.

Which reinforces everything we know about FB.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

I calibrated a SEIR model and provided a narrative on central expectation of how this will play out over the coming weeks at:

https://sites.google.com/webcabcomponents.com/seir-model-of-iom-natural-wave/home?authuser=0

Would it be possible to change the date on the header? I think it may get more interest if people thought it was current rather than for last year.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

23 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

BOJOs term "living with it", really means start natural wave until it finds an equilibrium level between the balance between societies risk tolerance and wish for freedoms. That is, in effect what herd immunity means.

What day would you say we are on now? 

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

https://gef.im/2021/07/21/chief-minister-feels-unsafe-with-manx-radio/

It's all a bit sir alex ferguson if you ask me. I'm not sure who that leaves to do the interviews. Is the voice of reason setting up his own youtube channel?

The Chief Minister has been cleared of any wrongdoing as reported by Gef.

As I have mentioned before there was no “threat” made by HQ just the suggestion as that Manx Radio as the beneficiary of Government subvention (ie yours and my monies) they have a greater duty of care to report accurately and not sensationally.

I would be a bit pissed off if I had been wrongly maligned.

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

As I have mentioned before there was no “threat” made by HQ just the suggestion as that Manx Radio as the beneficiary of Government subvention (ie yours and my monies) they have a greater duty of care to report accurately and not sensationally.

That sounds a bit like Donald Trump and him screaming ‘fake news’ to me. 

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Is the current rate of progression not exceeding your modelled expectations?

Regarding cases, naturally the vast bulk are unknown and for back testing purposes pretty useless. Regarding level of hospitalisations they are exactly as expected at this stage. The level going forward is not fixed with primary determined by the level of mitigation which people choose to make, particularly 2+2 vaxed.

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

What day would you say we are on now? 

About day 21, with the standard deviation around this date I would estimate at 1.5-2.5 days. Model 1,573 cases 6th Aug (peak infection), 22 Nobles bed occupied 24th Aug (peak hospitalization). Key issue is 2+2 do there duty and not get infected to make the process to move toward herd immunity as painless as possible.

• Like 1