IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Good afternoon everyone fastyr mie. I’ve always said that our Island would be following Manx solutions for Manx problems. Throughout the pandemic, we’ve needed fast, decisive and clear action to tackle outbreaks of COVID-19 on our shores. 

With the Council of Ministers, we have decided the time is right to go back to our roots. With this, we are moving into the Traa Dy Liooar phase of our pandemic response. A true Manx solution, where we can take our time, and still beam my face onto thousands of screens.

We won’t be taking questions from the media today, we don’t like Manx Radio, they were mean to me, and I don’t want to give the rest of them a chance. 

Thank you, stay safe and good evening. 

Nice draft, but I have already been leaked the actual, official, carefully considered transcript for Howard Stale's literacy reading lesson for this afternoon. It is as follows

*cue Star Wars intro music and scrolling text*

"Good afternoon everyone fastyr mie. I’ve always said that Manx Radio are meanies. From one minute past midnight tomorrow, our glorious Island will be following 'English-Comeover' solutions for Manx problems. Throughout the pandemic, we’ve needed not-so-fast, not-so-decisive and not-so-clear action to tackle outbreaks of COVID-19 on our shores. We also strive to continue gambling the health and long-term health of our Island's students.

With the Council of Helmets, we have decided the time is right to go back to our roots. With this, we are moving into the 'not-a-fucking-clue' phase of our piss poor pandemic response. A true English solution, where we can take our time, and still beam my fugly face struggling to read primary school level literacy onto thousands of screens.

As part of our dedicated, fast-action response. I am also pleased to confirm my best buddies in the Council of Sinisters, all met for an informal coffee in the NSC last Saturday, witnessed by members of the public. After my quick shag with Dr Allinson in the ground floor toilets, we unanimously voted, to take effect from midnight tonight, Manx Radio will have their broadcasting license revoked on the grounds of being super poopy meanie heads!. 

We won’t be taking questions from the media today, we don’t like Manx Radio, they were mean to me, and I don’t want to give the rest of them a chance. Also, I do not want any more questions from those pesky women in Tynwald!

Thank you, stay safe (apart from your kids) and please send letters to the queen to expedite my knighthood before I kill hundreds of innocent children by proxy. 

And finally, to leave the Manx public with a brilliant image during this mediocre heatwave, take a moment to imagine my big sweaty bald head on the bog. A truly inspirational image for all you gravy-train inspired politicians out there. 

Edited by Hugh G Rection
important bog message

28 minutes ago, asitis said:

Just had a text from HSBC asking to not visit branches unless absolutely necessary......... Government say we are fully open but the reality is some distance from that !

I am with HSBC and I haven't had a text. maybe they know I am skint and unlikely to visit hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I think that's exactly it, it's a clear signal that you are being cautious, or at least, risk-aware. If you've got the vast majority doing it, people will be inclined to just be that bit more prudent about risks.

What we do need is to get people out of the habit of fiddling with them though. Makes me twitch in Tesco when you've got someone scratching their nose through their mask, then rooting through the fresh fruit.

That's not that bad.

What about the people that have a dig for a brown nugget itch through their 20 year old Puma trackie bottoms, proceed to give the fingers a sniff, and then go about their business fruit shopping.

Never thought of that did you? I'd say nose scratching is the lesser of two evils. 

Also can I just make one more point. 

Tim Baker is a better politician than Howard Quayle.

Hear...me...out.

Manx Radio make one heavy handed comment towards Howard and he spits the fucking dummy and throws all the toys out the pram,

meanwhile...

Baker has been getting a hammering from Manx Radio and the Island's press/Social Media for YEARS and he's still a smirky little tw*t and doesn't cry about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

You use a hospitalisation rate of 1.23%.  The slider on the website is quite granular, at least on my computer, and the neighbouring options would be 0.43% or 2.04%, with nothing in between.  How have you chosen 1.23%? It seems rather high to me.  The overall test-positive admission rate in the UK second wave was about 7%, with (my) estimated case ascertainment rate of 30%.  This was in an unvaccinated population.  Your susceptible population of 14765 (chosen, again, by the granularity of the slider) will have a much younger demographic structure and hence a much reduced requirement for hospital admission.  Need for admission varies in proportion to exp(0.044*age), i.e. halving every 15 years younger.

As general point the cases (in real world not what PCR reports) is what the SEIR model focuses on. When borders was moved to '1d & release' I knew from Jersey data only going to catch 80% on COVID+. The SEIR equations spoke to me regarding the resultant impending storm of COVID+ cases, and I want to get a coherent, (reasonably) robust, narrative of the likely scenario out in the public domain. I spend my days now just communicating the messages contained within the SEIR model with regard to IoM situation we face. Number 1, message being:

2+2s in High Risk group (I suggest top 6 vax groups), should do whatever following to avoid becoming infected by the ongoing Natural Wave. Additional infections of 2+2s do absolutely nothing with regard to move us towards levels of 2+2 equivalent to obtain Herd Immunity.

In my view (as non-medic), we should all be shouting this message loud and clear. Nobles should be 'ring fenced' (we do not have a Nobles backup hospital like UK), I have lot respect for Manx Care and its recent policies with regard to PPE in clinical settings. Anyway, regarding hospitalization rates it naturally depends on which demographics becomes COVID+. The figures on 

The hospitalizations rate naturally depends on various data sets which I am not privy too. The figures of 1.23%, I came from the use of Scotland's real world, fact expected only 1-in-4 in Scotland to get a test, and estimate on level 0 jab adults in population in ~15K susceptible group I considered. (note, the 20 I mentioned I should had put 17.5)

In short the calibrated SEIR model purpose was to warn of the impeding storms and people is particular risk from it, to take action. The model did not deal with issue of deaths. Been asked to produce such a model however having myself produce models telling DHSC how many body bags to order in, based on behavior/personal mitigation, human contact network topology, IoM health risk factor demographics of unvaccinated & vaccinated (need data), variants in circulation & effectiveness for population being consider of vaccines deployed at protecting against acute disease (need data), is not going to reduce mortality risk.

But telling 2+2 High risk to shield next 4 wks will!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Also can I just make one more point. 

Tim Baker is a better politician than Howard Quayle.

Hear...me...out.

Manx Radio make one heavy handed comment towards Howard and he spits the fucking dummy and throws all the toys out the pram,

meanwhile...

Baker has been getting a hammering from Manx Radio and the Island's press/Social Media for YEARS and he's still a smirky little tw*t and doesn't cry about it.

Baker hasn't been given a proper media going over. There's been countless open goals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Baker hasn't been given a proper media going over. There's been countless open goals.

The Douglas Prom and Liverpool Terminal budgets to start with, plus now the Meat Plant finances and management structuring. A decent media would have had him tenderised, grilled and served by now. Unlikely to happen before the election now too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The Douglas Prom and Liverpool Terminal budgets to start with, plus now the Meat Plant finances and management structuring. A decent media would have had him tenderised, grilled and served by now. Unlikely to happen before the election now too.

TBF any self respecting human being would have just resigned by now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

TBF any self respecting human being would have just resigned by now. 

Must be the small man syndrome ego complex preventing that from happening. 

At least he doesn't have an infuriating little smirk............

.... oh wait. 

26 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

As general point the cases (in real world not what PCR reports) is what the SEIR model focuses on. When borders was moved to '1d & release' I knew from Jersey data only going to catch 80% on COVID+. The SEIR equations spoke to me regarding the resultant impending storm of COVID+ cases, and I want to get a coherent, (reasonably) robust, narrative of the likely scenario out in the public domain. I spend my days now just communicating the messages contained within the SEIR model with regard to IoM situation we face. Number 1, message being:

2+2s in High Risk group (I suggest top 6 vax groups), should do whatever following to avoid becoming infected by the ongoing Natural Wave. Additional infections of 2+2s do absolutely nothing with regard to move us towards levels of 2+2 equivalent to obtain Herd Immunity.

In my view (as non-medic), we should all be shouting this message loud and clear. Nobles should be 'ring fenced' (we do not have a Nobles backup hospital like UK), I have lot respect for Manx Care and its recent policies with regard to PPE in clinical settings. Anyway, regarding hospitalization rates it naturally depends on which demographics becomes COVID+. The figures on 

The hospitalizations rate naturally depends on various data sets which I am not privy too. The figures of 1.23%, I came from the use of Scotland's real world, fact expected only 1-in-4 in Scotland to get a test, and estimate on level 0 jab adults in population in ~15K susceptible group I considered. (note, the 20 I mentioned I should had put 17.5)

In short the calibrated SEIR model purpose was to warn of the impeding storms and people is particular risk from it, to take action. The model did not deal with issue of deaths. Been asked to produce such a model however having myself produce models telling DHSC how many body bags to order in, based on behavior/personal mitigation, human contact network topology, IoM health risk factor demographics of unvaccinated & vaccinated (need data), variants in circulation & effectiveness for population being consider of vaccines deployed at protecting against acute disease (need data), is not going to reduce mortality risk.

But telling 2+2 High risk to shield next 4 wks will!

Scotland did of course publicly attribute at least part of the increase in children in hospital with COVID meaning more kids being out of the house as restrictions eased and hurting themselves doing things kids do.

@BenFairfax thanks for your reply, however I don’t think it answers my questions.

1) Did your Scottish 1.23% figure come from a general population, or did you calculate it according to our ‘at risk’ demographic consisting of mainly those under 30?

2) Any comments on length of stay or R?

I think your talk of impending storms and ordering body bags are simply scaremongering. Right now we have about 1800 active cases that we know about - probably many more that we don’t - and only 5 (none double vaxxed) in hospital.  Of those 5, not all are there purely as a result of a covid infection. 

I hope you’re wrong in your modelling, I think you are.  Your conclusion however, that vulnerable 2+2 should be careful (not shield - too strong) is reasonable.  Covid is highly prevalent right here right now, but fortunately the vaccine seems to be doing its job very effectively in preventing deaths and serious illness. You can still get covid if vaccinated, and if you’re vulnerable you should be careful, like you should be all year round for all other infections.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The COVID dashboard appears to have fallen over, which is never ideal.

The dashboard is currently unavailable.  We are investigating the issue and hope to have this rectified shortly.  We apologise for any inconvenience.

What a pity there won't be any information on the latest Covid situation in time for the media conference.  I'm sure Quayle and Ashford will be heartbroken.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

Scotland did of course publicly attribute at least part of the increase in children in hospital with COVID meaning more kids being out of the house as restrictions eased and hurting themselves doing things kids do.

The BBC said that not the Parliament / Govt.

• Confused 1