IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Correct, it isn't exactly rocket science.

What we've had for the last 18 months is bluster, derision, name-calling and shredded letters. Hardly liable to instill confidence, is it?

This isn't about the nanny state, or anything else. It's about being honest with people, when you're right and when you're wrong, rather than an egoistical parade where we're told it's all going to plan at any given moment. To empower people to make their own decisions, the information needs to be put across readily.

But what you are describing is how governments work. All governments. No government is in unison all the time about everything. We seem to think ours is worse because everything is so local but it isn't. We just see ours shuffling round Marks' whereas across for example they live in a completely different sphere. Same incoherent messaging and cock ups. 

If we are waiting for our government to speak with one voice and to deliver clear messaging then we're pissing in the wind. So to speak. Just use your own discretion based on what you see and hear around you. We're a small island, we can pick up the current mood and the risk level. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zarley said:

People who don't want to be bothered with masks like to ignore the the fact that a mask protects other people more than it does the wearer. 

It's no good telling people to wear a mask if they want when it will only really protect them when others wear them as well. 

More needs to be put onto retailers who have also failed to act, Tesco, Co-op, Shoprite, M&S and any other food retailer I’ve missed out should all be implementing their own rules within stores, they shouldn’t have to be told by the government to act, they should be doing it to protect their customers and staff alike.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They've changed the way they present the figures yet again (latest snapshot here), now calling them 'Investigated Cases' which is presumable different and less than the Positive Cases we saw yesterday.  Sill an increase of 222 however.

They also decided to recalculate the positive test result by basing it on the total number of tests done since February, rather than the daily total.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

If we can trust people to mitigate their own risks as they see fit, why does health & safety even exist? It’s all common sense stuff that any reasonably intelligent person can understand isn’t it?  Why do we have things like hygiene rules in commercial kitchens? I mean its all self explanatory isn’t it? 

As far as I am aware we have never had H&S rules surrounding influenza or other relatively mild viral ailments. We trusted people to us their own discretion. We now know COVID is no different to influenza in severity for the vast majority of the population so if we continue to exercise common sense, adding other precautions should you see fit, society should be fine.  So yes, it is all self explanatory I agree.

• Like 1

Howard said it yesterday, ashie said it yesterday, manx radio faithfully repeated it today. We have twice the case numbers yet less people in hospital than the last outbreak. What theý all forgot to add, was that we reached those figures far quicker, so it's possible the hospital lag is more pronounced. Hopefully i'm wrong they are right

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Howard said it yesterday, ashie said it yesterday, manx radio faithfully repeated it today. We have twice the case numbers yet less people in hospital than the last outbreak. What theý all forgot to add, was that we reached those figures far quicker, so it's possible the hospital lag is more pronounced. Hopefully i'm wrong they are right

Would you like that drink topping up or you happy with half a glass for now? 

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They've changed the way they present the figures yet again (latest snapshot here), now calling them 'Investigated Cases' which is presumable different and less than the Positive Cases we saw yesterday.  Sill an increase of 222 however.

They also decided to recalculate the positive test result by basing it on the total number of tests done since February, rather than the daily total.

Lies dam lies eh?...........................

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

whats the point in vaccating everyone if it doesnt result in people being able to make choices for themselves

Ah now that’s the real issue, people were sold the vaccine on the promise it was our route back to normality/our way out of this and that you weren’t just having it to protect yourself, you were having it to protect your community. Doesn’t bare thinking about if it turns out that isn’t the case.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well that makes quite a difference doesn’t it, shows how easily stats can be manipulated.

• Like 1

I really cant fully describe my anger at the way we are heading ATM 

A blind man can see that this is going to end in the hospital totally overwhelmed in a couple or three weeks.

Lets not forget Nobles has  6  ICU beds and don't give me the Sh1t that it can make more at will.

I have spent enough time in there, unfortunately, to know the truth.

Beds maybe, but competent or even qualified ICU staff ??????????  I don't think so. It would be closed down if it was subject to the CQC audit that UK hospitals have and local medics know that.

Back to the MHKs, what the total fu*k are the "Mitigations" we are supposed to be doing? Come on MBE tell us??

Not letting in boat people from Saigon?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's going to it be fine, we were always going to get a little explosion of cases, it'll settle down soon enough. 

The gov advice should be really simple: stay outside as much as you can, ventilate very well when you can't, get vaccinated. That's it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

I really cant fully describe my anger at the way we are heading ATM 

A blind man can see that this is going to end in the hospital totally overwhelmed in a couple or three weeks.

Lets not forget Nobles has  6  ICU beds and don't give me the Sh1t that it can make more at will.

Would a positive patient be able to be flown to the UK in that instance? Would be a handy way to keep our figures down.

We ave now tipped over the point where 75% of positive cases in this latest outbreak have absolutely no symptoms at all, even when asked retrospectively.

None. No clue other than a positive test and that is three quarters of people across all age groups, not just the young.

So I would assume we nearly all have it, the vaccines are doing exactly what they were designed to.  It will burn out soon and those who are still fretting can stop.

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 17.09.23.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1