IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

I don’t know, but hopefully Westminster is watching our infected isle carefully.

That's the oft quote hope of the local population as in, if it goes tits up, the UK will step in and save us.

Why would they?

Its not going to happen until the hospital is swamped.

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

That's the oft quote hope of the local population as in, if it goes tits up, the UK will step in and save us.

Why would they?

Because we are all British and it is called a Crown Dependency ?

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

Because we are all British and it is called a Crown Dependency ?

I refer yo to the end of my post

Its not going to happen until the hospital is swamped.

We have been before down to our last 500K in the bank and we were offered a "High Security Prison" as an out. Go figure

We are self governing and that is the trouble......................

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Most likely nothing of note but unlike our lot the UK gov and their agents, the military and the like, go through worst case scenarios and planning of events that "may " happen. i.e. They PLAN ahead.

Our gov sound surprised when a local phone line is overwhelmed and they then  run out of tests that they advised people to take.

Answers on the back of a postcard to who knows which government is incompetent of making rational, educated, non political* decisions

*Which despite the rhetoric make more sense for the economy than not making good decisions.

If we had asked for help at the start we may be able to use UK intelligence in their civil service which we lack generally speaking on island, to forecast the outcome of a total open up without any

"Mitigation" 

You make it sound like BJs handling in England has been exemplary 🤔

25 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Agreed the last time they touched down at Nobles was 15th April last year. Just as it was all kicking off no doubt to discuss similar military contingency plans. 

Actually that was at the peak of the first outbreak - it was the day with most daily cases in the that outbreak (26).  Cases declines pretty fast after that, so any advice was too late to be effective, given the lag time.  I always reckoned they felt like a jolly after being cooped up for a month.

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

You can only elect those who stand.

I agree but the caliber we get should not be making life changing - live or die - decisions 

I know you have made it clear you think that it should just let rip with no "mitigation" but we shall see in the next few weeks.

Take care NDP it can strike anyone despite their seeming full health or youth. That is the problem...........

Edited by Boris Johnson