IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Agreed the last time they touched down at Nobles was 15th April last year. Just as it was all kicking off no doubt to discuss similar military contingency plans. 

My own conspiracy theory is it was to check out the island as a potential bolt hole for the UK cabinet and critical service leaders, military etc, just in case things got sticky.  When they saw the prom they decided against it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 7/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, Nom de plume said:

Serious question:

What measures / restrictions would you empower over your people from 5.15pm today if you were Chief Minister?

Top of my list would be a ban on football shirts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seems strange to think a little over 2 months ago I was holding off going away this year, waiting to see how things in the UK pan out, well what an absolute waste of time that was, but I couldn’t foresee this, for some reason I thought mitigation meant restrictions lifted in stages (planned stages that is)
I suppose I can thank Mr Quayle and his Merry band for implementing all these measures now, it means for me there is no discernible difference between being here in the IOM or the UK, I’m not going to stay here and wait to come down with the virus, so I shall get my holiday booked and pick somewhere with a lower case rate instead.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, quilp said:

15 out of 20 new cases in Israel were fully vaccinated. 58% of the 143 new cases this month were also...

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-in-israel-what-do-we-know-about-the-143-hospitalized-people-674508

Only three fully vaccinated people were being invasively ventilated.

Also, only two people were connected to an ECMO external oxygenation machine, and neither of them were vaccinated.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

Yep, the vaccine isn't stopping infections there. I posted this last week, now updated.

israeldata17thjulyb.png.061dcf1a8f456f11b053b31e76ab84e0.png

What is the point of this post and what is it meant to tell us?

No one has ever said or even suggested that vaccination stop infection?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

Yep, the vaccine isn't stopping infections there. I posted this last week, now updated.

israeldata17thjulyb.png.061dcf1a8f456f11b053b31e76ab84e0.png

I meant to ask you last time, but do you have a link for that?  There seems no significant difference between those vaccinated and not, which simply isn't plausible.   We know the vaccine has some effect, even though it's not as strong as some seem to think. 

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I meant to ask you last time, but do you have a link for that?  There seems no significant difference between those vaccinated and not, which simply isn't plausible.   We know the vaccine has some effect, even though it's not as strong as some seem to think. 

It is plausible.  Vaccinated people can still get infected.  However in the case of a vaccinated person it is even more of a “meh” event, than being infected is for a non vaccinated person.

No-one cares  just live your lives people 

• Like 1