IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Those 6 beds aren't lying around waiting for Covid customers.

They are used, all the time. Sometimes ICU is quiet sometimes it is busy, busy, busy. And that is wIthout Covid.

(I know, I have spent a lot of time in there).

ETA:

Oh, and those operating theatres aren't buckshee empty spaces, idly waiting for a pandemic to come along.

There are contingencies of course. But once you start piling in the Covid there is going to be a helluva strain on staff and equipment etc. 

Yesterday, we were told in presser by director of health that "no detailed modelling is being undertaken". The testing capacity is maxed out and some will avoid testing due to isolation requirements. With modelling or even testing, how can Manx Care get a handle on likely Nobles demand around 24th Aug when peak hospital bed occupancy is expected. Maybe I am missing something..... Please help, this is concerning me. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

You poor, naive optimist 😂

Doubling down

Maybe one of our £1m (+ government advertising revenue) subsidised national mouthpiece journalists might ask the question?

"Q1. In the event we exceed the available capacity at Nobles ITU is there a plan in place?"

"Q2. Has it actually been tested....(pause)...recently and what was the result?"

Or would HQ (Howling Quietly) start wailing and pulling out his hair? Or maybe DA (Draculas Apprentice) has his excuses lined up. Maybe dust off the fridge magnets "unpresidented", "keyboard warriors", "in it together", "social media" etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, quilp said:

Obviously many people do actually care, including those living their lives...

Ok.  No one cares apart from an ever decreasing few on here, and the same few loons who keep cropping up on FB and Twitter.

The rest just want to scrap testing and isolation, open everything up and watch as we all forget about it over the next few weeks.

We have done everything we can realistically do.

Hope it’s packed in Port Erin all weekend.  Any other mask free events I can take the 3 different sets of friends and family currently here spending their money to?

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Ok.  No one cares apart from an ever decreasing few on here, and the same few loons who keep cropping up on FB and Twitter.

The rest just want to scrap testing and isolation, open everything up and watch as we all forget about it over the next few weeks.

We have done everything we can realistically do.

Hope it’s packed in Port Erin all weekend.  Any other mask free events I can take the 3 different sets of friends and family currently here spending their money to?

You sum up the feelings of 99.9% of the Island.

The rest are having a real struggle getting their heads around where we are today.

You fear for their mental states. Oh well, off to golf … I bet that clubhouse will be packed at lunchtime (drinking, regaling tales, having fun) with mask deniers.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

No one cares apart from an ever decreasing few on here, and the same few loons who keep cropping up on FB and Twitter.

Social media addiction can be very damaging.

Supertramp, Swordfish, Sultan, etc...

I feel sorry for your tiny life.

Not really. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

Social media addiction can be very damaging.

Supertramp, Swordfish, Sultan, etc...

I feel sorry for your tiny life.

Not really. 

Lost me there sorry.

I have never even made a tweet or comment I just use it to follow news and a few hobbies really.

No Instagram.

Snapchat only to chat with my own kids as they prefer it to WhatsApp.

Spend a bit of time on FB.

Fact is most people are past caring and a small comical minority are still banging on about How Nobles is going to be overwhelmed and we will all be dead.

Everyone else is either away on holiday enjoying what there is on offer, or spending their time out mingling with all the happy tourists.  The place is packed and the general vibe around is pretty good.

Then I have a very blasé attitude to risk.  We are even taking some friends to Laxey on the tram today!!  Few in the terminus required first before braving that.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently there's a consideration in Gov for a 2 week circuit break lockdown in October - that may of may not be to coincide with one in England - to nip this in the bud well and truly.

But I guess it'll be something for the next Administration to oversee...

Edited by NoTailT

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Apparently there's a consideration in Gov for a 2 week circuit break lockdown in October - that may of may not be to coincide with one in England - to nip this in the bud well and truly.

Hope not, I've got 2 trips booked for October 

47 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

You sum up the feelings of 99.9% of the Island.

The rest are having a real struggle getting their heads around where we are today.

You fear for their mental states. Oh well, off to golf … I bet that clubhouse will be packed at lunchtime (drinking, regaling tales, having fun) with mask deniers.

Aside from the offices who have swapped back to remote working as numbers started climbing again, or the growing proportion of people wearing masks on the bus, in shops etc. 

The change in the air after the last press briefing was tangible. 

I’ll staunchly remain a proponent of encouraging sense in places like supermarkets, pharmacies and buses. Places like that are ones you simply can’t avoid sometimes  

But, if you want to lick eachother at the golf club, have at it. Everyone visiting is there by choice. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

That's going to be too late for quite a number of people. 

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

That's going to be too late for quite a number of people. 

Got to be good for tourism the BBC has just reported that the Isle of Man has the highest reported cases of covid in the British isles  at over 2000 I noticed the Creek was closed in Peel last night , 

14 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Got to be good for tourism the BBC has just reported that the Isle of Man has the highest reported cases of covid in the British isles  at over 2000 I noticed the Creek was closed in Peel last night , 

Yes, tourists are going to love coming to the Island and coming back with COVID.