IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Apparently there's a consideration in Gov for a 2 week circuit break lockdown in October - that may of may not be to coincide with one in England - to nip this in the bud well and truly.

But I guess it'll be something for the next Administration to oversee...

Haha 2 weeks that will become 8.

• Like 1

DHSC / Nobles have business continuity plans in place. 

The Government can be called back in for any extra emergency measures if needed.

Vaccinations will continue.

No one, not even the modellers apparently, can accurately predict what is going to happen other than infections will rise.

I think the rest of it is up to the virus. We are as ready as we can be.

Edited by Apple

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Doesn’t really look like we’re cracking on and living with it to me. 

There are phrases and terminology that have been used, repeated and paraphrased that have really not helped. It has raised and dashed realistic expectation of how the virus operates and the best way society and individuals can try to deal with / overcome its impact.

Some one posted before that the first casualty of this struggle  has been clarity, good messaging and consistency alongside respect for the public's ability to deal with and respect for openness. That has been sadly lacking at times.

Living with it means different things to different people. The main thing is not to die from it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

(Apologies for drifting off-topic)

11 hours ago, snowman said:

Ordnance survey Deutschland version

Yes, the German "Isle of Man Invasion Map" is a direct copy of the Ordnance Survey map, 1924 I think. With the title, key, etc written in German.

11 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I might just buy that and do a YT video on it. These days we prefer gentle invasions. By migrating here, merging into daily life and becoming part of the political sys....nevermind.... 

Well you are known for your not inconsiderable photographic skills...

The photos were taken by a couple who had a long stay 'holidaying' in the Island. They stayed at The Half Way House, Crosby, which was nice and central. They travelled extensively throughout the Island with camera equipment that was superior to what other holidaymakers might have. They took the little girl who lived at the hotel with them on many trips. Looking back the girl believed this was to give them an air of normality and looked less suspicious, when they took multiple photos of various views and landmarks.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

They'll throw the island into lockdown way before it reaches capacity.

lockdown rumoured to be a real possibility the way things are going.   get your 2 jabs here and still be locked down, wonderful.

Edited by WTF

So the scrapping of the exit tests must be retrospective as 111 have taken no time in cancelling the exit tests for people due same today and no doubt for the forthcoming days.  One has to wonder if this is money related or to ease the strain on the swabbing and 111 system.  This raises the broader question of the reasoning being employed to bring about these changes.  Is it merely for convenience as the system is not fit for purpose?

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

That's going to be too late for quite a number of people. 

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

That's going to be too late for quite a number of people. 

True.  A lot will be wanting to get it before then and before winter sets in. I am hopeful all the kids in our family either have had it or get it long before October.

31 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There were several Douglas pubs closed last night. Payday weekend too. This must be costing them a fortune. Doesn’t really look like we’re cracking on and living with it to me. 

Definitely COVID? They have been closed recently for a flood, and electrical issues in the kitchen.

11 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

I'm not sure what the point of testing is any more. Apart from those entering hospital for an elective medical procedure say where it might prove best to postpone it. Or postponing a move into a care home or staff between care homes say.

The vast majority of the most vulnerable by age or condition have had two jabs which is all the mitigation you'll ever get. Those that chose not to have it will sink or swim; if they catch it a jab will be too late to change the outcome. The tests now change nothing. Apart from sending people, who have few if any sever symptoms, home from work or school. Why?

Why not let those who are well enough to work do so and those too sick to work take sick leave, like you would with a dose of flu or winter vomiting bug.

It's here, it's rampant and it'll burn itself out in a few weeks. Nothing we do now will change that. We've done all we can do to avoid the worst of it.

Government tell us we have to get on with it. So let us. And if Nobles is overwhelmed by serious cases, then they can put their emergency plan into action. There must be one.  

Post of the week. Or the month. Or for some time anyway.

Sums up exactly how most peeople feel now. You'll always get the vocal misfits in the minority but for those people nothing will be good enough anyway.

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Definitely COVID? They have been closed recently for a flood, and electrical issues in the kitchen.

Places open in Castletown unusually very quiet for a Friday night last night. Get the feeling there's a mood of well why bother going out getting COVID when we can just stay at home in the sun.

Ate food out and it was pretty mediocre. They said staff shortages due to COVID. They'd be better closing reputaitonally.

Edited by NoTailT

In reaction to the IOM topping the Covid stakes:

”I suspect this may be the end of the IoM tourism sector and the TT. It will take many years to live this down.”

love reading this level of absolute bafoonary while out on a morning stroll. There doesn’t seem to be a care in the world by anyone including those choosing to wear masks that I have seen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1